COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Store Release Incoming

Hey everyone!

We'll let you guys know when we're about to deploy the store approximately an hour beforehand, and that time currently isn't now. We're still on for today, though, and I'll keep you guys updated.

This post will be edited and the thread bumped when the time comes :)

Update 10/5 - 11:15 PM PDT

(Caspian) After too many hours to count, the website is BACK ONLINE! Complete with a shiny new cash-option for purchases. If you wanted to pledge prior but were unable to, or did, and have been waiting to increase your pledge, go forth and be merry.

As another note, thanks for your patience. There were several technical difficulties through the process, and unfortunately, I still represent the whole of the server team... while traveling... on a laptop with a single screen. So again, apologies for it taking so long. But it's up now.

(Caeoltoiri) Also, we've gotten quite a few questions regarding the layaway system. We didn't have the time to implement it in this iteration of the store, but it'll be added later in the month!

Update 10/5 - 1:00 PM PDT

Hey everyone! The website will be going down in one hour for the release of the cash store, which includes several bug fixes as well as the option to purchase with cash through our merchant provider.

Additionally, anyone who purchased a lower tier -- or the equivalent non-Early Bird -- while the store has been up will have their tier set back to the correct value and their credits restored.

Update 10/4 - 7:30 PM PDT

Huzzah - the store is working correctly now! Due to the help of our awesome community for finding the bugs we missed -- seriously, you guys rock -- we're going to spend some more time sanitizing the database to fix those issues before we open the store for cash purchases tomorrow.

Thanks for all your patience!

Update 10/3 - 7:30 PM PDT

Good news! In approximately half an hour, the website will briefly be taken down to launch the first phase of the store. Those who've over-pledged on Kickstarter will be able to select their add-ons or upgrade to the next tier with their existing credit, and even if you don't have any credit you can still window shop.

Due to the slight change in coding between the iterations, we're going to need to test our merchant/gateway some more to ensure the re-integration is sound, and enable the full features of the store (PayPal, credit/debit) tomorrow :)

Thank you all for your patience!

Update 10/3 - 2:30 PM PDT

Our merchant/gateway has instituted new security protocols which has blocked us from doing our final validation / testing, and is rejecting all credit card processing. They're aware of the issue, and have given us a 24-hour service window to get it fixed. In the mean time, we're doing additional work to alter the experience so it works without our merchant.

We'll open the store today for people who over-paid previously or who had merchandise credits so they can purchase add-ons or upgrade their pledges with credit if that's what they want to do. Once they get the gateway working again, we'll alter the experience so we can accommodate those purchasing with credits in the meantime. We felt like that was the best solution given the circumstances.

Again, we'll let everyone know an hour before we initiate deployment of the store! Hang tight.

10/3/2016 6:58:47 PM #1

Woooooo!!

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.

10/3/2016 7:00:14 PM #2

Righteous!

10/3/2016 7:01:55 PM #3

I love the communication that the team keeps with us. Makes me want the game that much more.

10/3/2016 7:03:43 PM #4

Well, it's early here in the States. Still time yet

10/3/2016 7:04:51 PM #5

I can already feel the F5 test on the server.

10/3/2016 7:06:05 PM #6

Thanks for keeping us updated!

10/3/2016 7:09:12 PM #7

This makes me sad.... but I'm fine with it.

10/3/2016 7:09:31 PM #8

message received and understood

driving down to town from my secret hermit base in the mountains to deposit cash for pledge in the bank

back in 3 hours

10/3/2016 7:10:48 PM #9

Ouch.. but better later than half done :)

10/3/2016 7:11:53 PM #10

Is there going to be a live count of funds raised? Would be nice to see how much we are raising.

Also congrats on the long journey!

10/3/2016 7:38:27 PM #11

Another late release. Can't say I'm surprised.

10/3/2016 7:41:23 PM #12

It isn't late until the clock strikes midnight ;p

10/3/2016 7:49:40 PM #13

Posted By Choctaw at 2:41 PM - Mon Oct 03 2016

It isn't late until the clock strikes midnight ;p

They said noon....

10/3/2016 8:00:27 PM #14

Posted By Anconia at 0:11 PM - Mon Oct 03 2016 Is there going to be a live count of funds raised? Would be nice to see how much we are raising.

Also congrats on the long journey!

Yep! We'll have a little counter at the top of the website that you can click to view the stretch goals, too.

10/3/2016 8:00:37 PM #15

Its always noon somewhere..

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.