COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
If there are vampires will there be lycanthropy?

title

10/10/2016 10:23:44 PM #1

@MemeChild where did you got the information about the vampires?

10/10/2016 10:24:15 PM #2

Don't be absurd. There's no such thing as magic.

It's not a problem, it's a plot hook!

10/10/2016 10:27:28 PM #3

Just an old wives tale by my estimation.

10/10/2016 10:33:40 PM #4

well there is magic if the form of talent. and you can also become kind of a daemon after ding. so there is the chance to be a vampire as well. let the guy explain if he has a source before incriminating.

10/10/2016 10:37:04 PM #5

There is a source, but things such as this are unknown to the wide world. Magic is a long forgotten thing of fairy tales in the lore.

10/10/2016 10:40:34 PM #6

If I could ever go back and reset history and say, “Listen there is no magic in this game.” and people see magic and it’s going on around them and it becomes part of the story. Then everybody is kinda wondering, “What do we do now? How do we deal with this? Is this a character mechanic? Is there some way for us to get this? What do we do?” - Caspian, 11/2/15

I reiterate. There is no such thing as magic. You are making a scene.

10/10/2016 10:50:11 PM #7

Posted By eMadagio at 3:40 PM - Mon Oct 10 2016

If I could ever go back and reset history and say, “Listen there is no magic in this game.” and people see magic and it’s going on around them and it becomes part of the story. Then everybody is kinda wondering, “What do we do now? How do we deal with this? Is this a character mechanic? Is there some way for us to get this? What do we do?” - Caspian, 11/2/15

I reiterate. There is no such thing as magic. You are making a scene.

i dont know what you are trying to prove here. but talents are magic, maybe not all of them can be classified as magic, but certainly some of them will.

10/10/2016 10:54:52 PM #8

Posted By myxtum at 3:50 PM - Mon Oct 10 2016

i dont know what you are trying to prove here. but talents are magic, maybe not all of them can be classified as magic, but certainly some of them will.

Alright, I'll slow pitch it. The developers regret ever mentioning magic at all. We are probably not going to hear squat about it for the rest of development as a result. As far as we are concerned there is no such thing as magic, those with magical potential who actually realize it and use it are going to be so few it's barely worth mentioning. Talking about the various types of magic ruins the surprise and mystery they would like to cultivate, so they're probably not going to do that for no good reason either.

10/10/2016 10:55:02 PM #9

I think at this stage, they aren't going to give out anymore information than there already is about such topics. Better to just continue on like they don't exist.

10/10/2016 10:55:27 PM #10

and still this is on the main page.

"There are legends of powerful magic existing in the world of Elyria long ago, but no one has seen or heard of it for thousands of years... Some say certain souls appear to have latent abilities known as Talents. There are whispers of Magic Use, the ability to Travel, Shapeshifting, Healing, Animal Speak, Planes Walking, and many other things, but they are quite rare, affecting less than 5% of players."

acording to that there may be Shapeshifting which could be lycanthropy.

10/10/2016 10:57:47 PM #11

Posted By myxtum at 3:55 PM - Mon Oct 10 2016

and still this is on the main page.

"There are legends of powerful magic existing in the world of Elyria long ago, but no one has seen or heard of it for thousands of years... Some say certain souls appear to have latent abilities known as Talents. There are whispers of Magic Use, the ability to Travel, Shapeshifting, Healing, Animal Speak, Planes Walking, and many other things, but they are quite rare, affecting less than 5% of players."

acording to that there may be Shapeshifting which could be lycanthropy.

Yeah it's pretty out of date. They aren't even doing the 5% thing anymore, since talents are now character bound instead of soul bound.

10/10/2016 11:01:15 PM #12

Which may happen but still don't expect the studio to respond yes or no to this question - and don't be surprised if it's not a playable option even if there are lycanthropes in the game.

10/10/2016 11:01:29 PM #13

The answer is in the quote. It hasn't been seen for thousands of years, no one knows if it actually does exist. In an out of character way, we know talents exist, but in character no one will know how or why they got them. Instead of encouraging people to salivate for more talents, I think it would be better to tell them such things do not exist in this world.

10/10/2016 11:02:10 PM #14

i have to admit i have been follow this game for only 3 days so far, and in the last 3 days i have done everything withing my power to obtain as much information as possible, but that is not enough time for me to now everything.

could you plz give me a link or a reference to where you got that information?

10/10/2016 11:06:39 PM #15

Posted By myxtum at 4:02 PM - Mon Oct 10 2016

i have to admit i have been follow this game for only 3 days so far, and in the last 3 days i have done everything withing my power to obtain as much information as possible, but that is not enough time for me to now everything.

could you plz give me a link or a reference to where you got that information?

Heya :)

I think the Q&A sessions are probably the best place to find info. The thing to keep in mind is that based on funding and storytelling, and attempts to balance the game, ideas from a year ago may be different from ideas a month ago... and even then the ideas are always evolving. That said, here's a link to a nice site that provides a searchable version of the Q&A sessions. Just keyword search at the top right!

http://coeqa.diegobao.info/