COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Illegal Guilds

This has definetly been asked before, but I couldnt find anything so I ask anyway. How is illegal gulds going to work? For example a theives or assasins guild? I ask this because I would love to be an outlaw and play as a professional assasin. The concern I have with this not working is how strict will the guards och "cops" be in Elyria? Since I think it would be hard to have a guild hall outside of a city. Or am I wrong?

11/3/2016 9:24:31 PM #1

Umm, don't advertise the building as an assassins guild?

Friend Code: 6C910A

11/3/2016 9:28:54 PM #2

Illegal Guilds, by their very nature, are against the law so I don't see the officials in the area letting you set up a Illegal Guild Hall in a town. Now you could hold 'secret' meetings in the basement of the Tavern or over in the Stables where it will not be out in the public view. More than likely these 'illegal' organizations, be them assassins or thieves, will be setting up and operating outside the city walls, away from the city guards and patrols, possible from a road side tavern or or building hidden building deep in the woods, somewhere that won't garnish a lot of suspicion or outside traffic. The worst thing that could happen is having a secret meeting concerning the assassination of the Duke and be overheard by a local or guard.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

11/3/2016 9:30:19 PM #3

I would hope you'd use a cover, probably some sort of guild that sells potions, or a guild of tinkerers for example. Barring that make an association, buy land you all use and make your own building. There's a long iteration on crime, and it's still being expanded on but unlike most games there will be disguises and a pretty complex system to ensure you have a chance. :)

11/3/2016 9:48:20 PM #4

I think decent assassins would work on a system of hidden identities and temporary classified rendezvous points, not an actual 'Dark Brotherhood' style guild hall. That's just asking for trouble.

If I were to use one of my alt slots to join an assassin's guild and they had a guild hall and all shared their identities then I'd nope on out of there. Amateurs.

11/3/2016 9:50:16 PM #5

I mean... Im just a simple farmer... Nothing suspicius going on here...

11/3/2016 11:02:50 PM #6

Unless someone buys land in exposition, you'd probably have to start locally and make a name for yourselves. You gradually gain power and notoriety while avoiding local authority until you have the ability to move your base of operations into neutral ground. And that way you have a whole new mob boss area decked out with money, enemies, traps, secrets. You spread to have operational fronts in all the major cities. You create a secret message code to communicate, but the king has spies that capture a member of your club. AND THE CHASE IS ON!

That's just how the world works :)

11/3/2016 11:37:14 PM #7

You think of these squishy liberals gonna do anything? Play how you want mate

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

11/4/2016 12:30:55 PM #8

The first rule of illegal guilds is to not talk about illegal guilds.

you Sir have failed

Vornair/ Somerset /// Guild Leader Apollo

11/4/2016 12:30:55 PM #9

double post

Vornair/ Somerset /// Guild Leader Apollo

11/4/2016 5:50:23 PM #10

Could always take over a parcel of land in the middle of nowhere that a Count/Duke doesn't care for and setup shop there, or as someone suggested holding meetings in an Inn or some other building in secret. Could also just roam in a caravan and be bandits in the wild. :)

11/4/2016 6:19:02 PM #11

Posted By Barghest at 5:48 PM - Thu Nov 03 2016

I think decent assassins would work on a system of hidden identities and temporary classified rendezvous points, not an actual 'Dark Brotherhood' style guild hall. That's just asking for trouble.

If I were to use one of my alt slots to join an assassin's guild and they had a guild hall and all shared their identities then I'd nope on out of there. Amateurs.

-----------Wait, we'll have "alt" character slots?

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
11/4/2016 6:33:52 PM #12

They'll leave you alone until there's a bounty on your head, no? Besides, I know some kingdoms will let them in willingly as long as they work for them

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

11/4/2016 7:04:18 PM #13

Posted By Orashna at 11/4/2016 6:19:02 PM

Posted By Barghest at 5:48 PM - Thu Nov 03 2016

-----------Wait, we'll have "alt" character slots?

Yep, three characters per account IIRC. YOu have to pay for each character though, you don't get 3 characters on 1 spark.

11/4/2016 8:01:00 PM #14

I think it's more than 3 chars, I think it was said it can be up to 6 or 8? I don't remember but I know 3 souls come with your account or something.. and you need a spark to "bring it to life" in order to play that specific soul (type).

11/4/2016 8:17:18 PM #15

Posted By Lunaus at 4:01 PM - Fri Nov 04 2016

I think it's more than 3 chars, I think it was said it can be up to 6 or 8? I don't remember but I know 3 souls come with your account or something.. and you need a spark to "bring it to life" in order to play that specific soul (type).

--------That's awesome! I just assumed because it would take so long to skill up that you'd only work with the one. I'm actually pretty excited about using alts to gather/map/create/supply for my warrior main.

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist