COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA] The Commoners Club

Counts and Countesses, Dukes and Duchesses, don your most dapper robes, bedeck yourself in your grandest of gems, splash yourself with the most exotic of imported scents, polish up your signet and prepare yourself for a night of fun and frivolity in the most exalted company of your peers, the most eligible of Elyria.

Alternatively, just head off down to the club for a spot of lunch...

The Commoners Club is open to all of high rank, regardless of where about in the world they come from or who they profess loyalty to. Be you best friends, brothers, warring rivals or even once best friends who were like brothers and are now warring rivals, you are all welcome here. Within the club there are no enemies, only friends and friends that are waiting to be made. Forget about your wars for a bit, we are all civilized people here! Leave war to the peasants for a while and have a a grand night out at the Commoners Club House.

What ho! Jolly good!

An exclusive club for nobility and gentry, none of the riffraff. This is the social club to be a member of, exclusive, rich, opulent, ritzy, yet at the same tim...Ahh, the crackling of the fire and the gentle shuffling of servants refreshing your glass before smoothing out the pages of your newspaper. Quiet, socialized companionship through the day and raucous hoorahism in the evening.

Feel like a spot of hunting? We have hunt attendants on staff to take you on the wildest of hunts before its back to the club house for a warming tot of whisky and good conversation about the fight that the pheasant your man is currently plucking for you put up before you finally took it down. Good, civilized fun for the most elite of the population, and you know, fellow friends of influence are the best kind of friends. Come the first coup, y'all will be glad of a bunch or aristocratic fops with more land than sense who are only too happy to pop over to help out a chum and subdue the rebellious peasant, or anyone else without a title like those ghastly people of trade who thinks themselves worthy because they have worked for a few meager pennies and pulled themselves up out of the gutters where they rightfully should have stayed.

Bring your spouse to the bi-monthly spouses night! An evening of banqueting, dancing, socializing and showing off your better half before the members retire to the members' room for libations, cigars and the more serious conversation, leaving the spouses to fraternize and gossip about less weighty affairs.

Formal, global banquets for all members and associates are held every other year with smaller events held year round at the main club house. Members are free to use the facilities at any time, for any purpose. We recommend bringing your spouse and enjoying a relaxing vacation at the retreat where there is great food, wine, masseuses and exquisite decor all year round.

In Summary…

Are there staff?

You mean are there servants to carry out your every whim? Well of course, as would be the case in every civilized establishment.

Is there a clubhouse?

Yep. What else are EP for?

Is there a spa?

Well, we call it a retreat, or a hunting lodge but yes, when we can afford it there will be one.

Purpose of the club

Social. A meeting place for people of worth to socialize in a civilized environment, away from the oi polloi and out of sight of the monarchies. Relax, eat, enjoy a cigar, wear a smoking jacket, put your feet up away from the mundane stresses of every day life that we face as members of the highest ranks of society.

Entry requirements

Think of the Commons as being as elite as a London gentleman’s club of yesteryear, just without the sexism or racism! In fact, The Commons Club doesn't differentiate on the basis of sex, race, age or anything else...other than rank. No commoners! Commoners not welcome! (Well, other than the servants of course.)

Full membership: Must be a Duke/Duchess or Count/Countess and able to prove that inheritance of the the title is through direct family lines for at least five generations.

Associate membership: Must be a feudal Baron/Baroness (those with a title of Mayor/Mayoress are not eligible for associate membership) who is able to prove inheritance of the title through direct family lines for at least three generations.

No nouveau riche! No commoners!

Membership benefits

Full and Associate membership grants entry to the clubhouse, hunting lodge and all events at any time.

Further, Full Members can only be expelled following a hearing before the General Secretary. Associate Members can be dismissed by the General Secretary without a hearing.

Spouses

Full and Associate Memberships are granted only to the direct holders of a title. Those who hold a title by virtue of a marriage are considered Spouses of the title holder and are not entitled to membership in their own right.

Spouses of Title Holders are allowed entry to the overnight lodging facilities when accompanied by the Full or Associate Member. Ordinarily spouses have no access to any of the standard club facilities or events. Exceptions are those events that are held on a Spouse’s Night, which will occur bi-monthly.

Membership fees

Both full and associate members are required to play club dues. However we suggest that the agreement and exchange of such vulgarities be left to your man or woman servant and our own petty money counter.

Work for the club

Staff: All who have experience of at least five years in service of a member of the nobility are granted license to apply for work in the Commons. We are always looking for good butlers, valets, squires, servants, maids, cooks, pot washers, cleaners, gentleman’s gentlemen, lady’s ladies, and individuals of a variety who know how to get things done.

Head Butler: the most important position within the club. This staff member is responsible for and in charge of all the other staff and the day to day running of the club facilities. He is responsible for hiring or firing of those in his charge.

Affiliates: Those who are truly talented in the mercantile and manufacturing professions are welcome to apply for positions of appointment to the club. We are always looking for association with individuals or guilds with a singular talent in the production or procurement of wines, beverages, food, clothing, furnishings, spirits, walking sticks, handkerchiefs, hats, pipes, shoes and other luxury items of a quality befitting our members. Gain access to a truly elite clientele and the right to bare the title "By Appointment to the Commoners Club"

Club Officials

The club has several beneficial positions for the appropriate gentleman. Such positions are ordinarily open only to full members, although if there is ever a time when there are no interested full members, the club will open up the position to associate members. The position of Affiliations Officer is always open to Associate Members as it is felt unlikely that a Full Member would sully themselves with such duties.

• General secretary: the club president. Responsible generally for the running of the club, but also importantly for the election of the head butler.
  • President of the wine council: Travel the world on the members' dime, sampling all beverages to bring the finest selection back to the club.
  • Social secretary: In charge of arranging all special events with access to the sought after membership lists. If you can throw the best party, apply for this most honorable position.
  • Head of the elections committee: Be responsible for the membership.
  • Affiliation officer: A position open to associate members. Find and charter the best craftsmen in the world to become tailor to the club, jeweler to the club etc. our members get the best items at prices that are generous to the craftsman, they also get immediate service as the craftsmen are bound to work on club commissions before all others. In exchange, the crafters have access to the wealthiest patrons.

What if war breaks out that involves club members?

Then we shall hold our events as masquerade! And whilst much wine is drunk, good food eaten and frivolity engaged in, perchance we will resolve this petty squabble between good friends, or at least find a way to make it less of a drag and make sure that we nobles don't end up suffering.

Can I join another guild or a family?

What you do in your own personal life is none of our affair, although you might be subject to some sporting gossip of course, but only by the spouses. Feel free and rest assured that no matter how embarrassing your kin, your fellows understand that there is nothing more embarrassing or important than a family with a reputable name and long, long history.

Club House Facilities

• staff all day and night
  • Bedrooms for members
  • Dining room, food served all day
  • Banquet room
  • Library, for newspapers, pipes and brandy
  • Games room
  • Social room
  • Dueling garden
  • Council room
  • Map room

Are there other perks, rules, things that might interest me?

You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Server Location / Time Zone

North America, somewhere.

Role play opportunities

• meetings of the most influential people from around the world
  • Form alliances
  • Have a Trieste in the safe arms of your peers
  • Dangerous liaisons and dalliances
  • Work as a servant and overhear a few choice secret
  • Masquerades
  • Lawn parties
  • Formal dining
  • Sporting competitions
  • Hooray Henry! Good show, what?

This club is for all you would be Drones. Those who see themselves more as members of the Junior Ganymede are of course only too welcome to apply for position.

11/19/2016 5:26:54 AM #1

Hello Summourn, I think this is a unique and beautiful concept. I am curious how it will work in game, but it is worth a go. Where do you plan on having this club?

I would love to hear about your plans in game. You can find me on The Conclave Discord here. As well come check out The Kingdom of Vornair on the forum, or jump over to our Vornair Discord channel. I would happily personally invite you to come check out my County The VeilTongues in the Duchy The Conclave of Aritaur. My personal VeilTongues Discord if here. I hope you find your home, we are always happy to see new people join the community.

11/19/2016 5:33:45 AM #2

hahaha, do you guys have a discord I really like the idea of a club of high-ranking people called ''commoners club''. I would also like to invite you to come a meet us in the conclave of Aritaur, we will be in the NA-E server.

5/21/2017 9:43:44 PM #3

Thanks to everyone who messaged me about the Commoners Club, and sorry for the lack of response but I am back now and looking to build up our membership on the NA-E server.

5/30/2017 10:47:38 PM #4

Yep that's why I bought into this game, to be a pot washer :D

The only troubles I can see with your plan is hiring the right staff and location, location, location!

I'd presume, if I may, that you intend to establish yourself in a Kingdom Capital City?

For where else will you find a concentration of royalty and nobility to make your business worthwhile?

It's possible some Dukes and Duchesses may travel to some of your events, but on a regular basis? I don't think they could afford to be away from the duties of their domain for so long.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

5/31/2017 2:40:18 AM #5

Having the right kind of staff is key. Staff you can trust.

I'm looking for some like minded people that want to Watch the World Burn. PM me for more details.

6/14/2017 11:12:10 PM #6

This is a unique concept but I must ask why you would not allow Mayors to be a part of the Club when the ranking is the same as a Baron just one is military focussed and the other is focussed on people.

6/15/2017 1:25:25 PM #7

OP, don't feel like using up all your EP; you should think about hiring an architecture guild to provide you with a customized Club. This could help you standard out from all those standard EP purchased buildings out there. Check out my signature for some assistance in Kairos. ;)

Best of luck, sounds like a unique idea.