COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
spirit walking

Not sure if this has been covered, but i was unable to find it anywhere in the forum so i'm going to ask.

The current game mechanics have you spirit walk back to your body after "death" to avoid permadeath.

Does it say anywhere where you are walking back from?

Is it from: 1) your home? 2) nearest city? 3) last place of death? 4) some type of graveyard or other node? 5) somewhere else?

For example: if I died falling off of Mt. Everest...would I start "walking" back at my base camp, or Katmandu, or my home across the Sea?

And if it is one of the last two options (#4 or #5)...I think mapping of these locations would be a very valuable skill/resource to possess as it ties to real world game value.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

11/25/2016 7:49:43 PM #1

To my knowledge Spirit Walking on the Astral Plane only happens during a Coup de Grace where you actually loose spirit in the process. A normal death (unconscious) will result in no spirit loss or forced walk, you just wake up after a brief period and continue your play.

When you die (Coup de Grace) you are transported to the spirit world, a separate location than the physical world. From the drop point in the Astral Plane you must locate your corpse and rejoin your body. Family members such as wife or siblings make this much easier as your tie to the physical world is much stronger. From my understanding you follow a silverish cord/rope back to your corpse. When you locate your corpse you drop near your corpse so you can inhabit it. As you grow older and have less spirit overall, this cord becomes fainter and harder to follow till such a time when your spirit is so low that you can't see the cord anymore and are unable to locate your corpse resulting in permadeath.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

11/25/2016 11:54:53 PM #2

thank you...that makes a lot more sense

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

4/30/2017 11:55:36 PM #3

Im still new and sifting through all the stuff, but where do you end up after you spirit walk? Back where you died? That seems really abusable.

Sorry...I cant find the information, I should probably keep lurking.

Deus lo Vult!