COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Watermelon Turtles concept art

So I just watched the Q&A where every couple of minutes they would mention watermelon turtle, so I am aware that it was a player but then they mentioned the idea of making an actual animal and not just one maybe 2 that looked similar and one was poisonous. I couldn't stop thinking about it, its such an awesome idea and I believe I had the perfect concept art idea just for it!

The first turtle in the upper left will be the non-poisonous, herbivorous, watermelon turtle (tentative name); it has adapted to mimic the shell colors of its poisonous cousin (the turtle in the lower right). Due to its diet consisting mostly of greens the common watermelon turtle has a dark green shell with light green markings.

The poisonous speckled green turtle (also tentative name) unlike its cousin the watermelon turtle is a scavenger and only feasts off carrion. The turtle has special bacteria in their stomach (much like our vultures) that enables them to digest the putrid meat; because of its diet the turtle's meat, and saliva are extremely deadly. Just a scratch from the speckled green turtle can lead to a person losing their limbs as the bacteria from the carrion itself becomes lodged under the turtles sharp nails when they rip the meat apart.

Both turtles live in tropical woodlands near a body of water where they have no natural predators except Mann. The young of both species however are easily preyed upon, as most predators do not fear the toxic speckled hatch-lings; they are not poisonous in their early years since their stomachs find it hard to digest the carcasses of larger animals, so their diets consist mostly of dead fish, and insects. Due to their vulnerability in their early years, very few make it to adult-hood and even fewer mate; the average female like many other turtles is able to lay anywhere from 24-60 eggs in one sitting.

For the seasoned adventurer it is easy to tell the two apart as they both have very distinct, though similar shell marking. The watermelon has a dark green shell with yellow-green markings and the speckled turtle has a yellow-green shell with dark green markings. Should one have the opportunity to get close to either turtles one will also notice that the watermelon turtle tend to has lightly colored eyes ranging from brown to yellow, and dark green nails; while the speckled green turtle tend to have dark eyes ranging from ocean blue to black.

11/27/2016 9:17:19 PM #1

Brilliant! That's some nice drawing right there. Have all the likes!

Lutes are cool

11/28/2016 3:27:54 AM #2

Posted By Edd at 4:17 PM - Sun Nov 27 2016

Brilliant! That's some nice drawing right there. Have all the likes!

Hahaha thanks I have ideas for other animals in the biome they live in, and the "cantalope" they also mentioned.

11/28/2016 3:47:11 AM #3

This is brilliant work and I hope melonturtles make it into the game. ^^

11/28/2016 4:06:36 AM #4

This is beautiful.

11/28/2016 4:17:34 AM #5

Posted By Yorick at 11:06 PM - Sun Nov 27 2016

This is beautiful.

Thanks I'm more adept at drawing and coloring animals than I am people. Maybe If I could draw people well my guild forum post would do better. XD

11/29/2016 10:07:18 AM #6

Posted By LapisRazuri at 8:17 PM - Sun Nov 27 2016

This is beautiful.

Thanks I'm more adept at drawing and coloring animals than I am people. Maybe If I could draw people well my guild forum post would do better. XD

" jumps you "!! FELLOW ARTIST!!! WEE MUST COLLAB !!

11/29/2016 4:00:34 PM #7

Posted By Drgig at 05:07 AM - Tue Nov 29 2016

Posted By LapisRazuri at 8:17 PM - Sun Nov 27 2016

This is beautiful.

" jumps you "!! FELLOW ARTIST!!! WEE MUST COLLAB !!

Haha sure it would be my pleasure to collab with you just pm me :D

1/12/2017 11:32:49 PM #8

As the original poster of the melon turtle, I am very pleased to see this! Excellent work!

Due to popular demand, the Holy Church of Melonism is now selling Melon Turtle merchandise:

https://teespring.com/melonist-melon-turtle#pid=2&cid=6568&sid=front

Along with our church merchandise:

https://teespring.com/the-holy-church-of-melonism#pid=212&cid=5829&sid=front

If we raise enough money, perhaps we may find a way to put melon turtles in the game :)

May Melon be with you!

May Melon be with you.

2/26/2017 8:15:55 PM #9

Posted By Noxidius at 6:32 PM - Thu Jan 12 2017

As the original poster of the melon turtle, I am very pleased to see this! Excellent work!

Due to popular demand, the Holy Church of Melonism is now selling Melon Turtle merchandise:

https://teespring.com/melonist-melon-turtle#pid=2&cid=6568&sid=front

Along with our church merchandise:

https://teespring.com/the-holy-church-of-melonism#pid=212&cid=5829&sid=front

If we raise enough money, perhaps we may find a way to put melon turtles in the game :)

May Melon be with you!

Man, I'm hungry for Melon Turtle Soup. Nice merchandise though :-D

3/2/2017 8:58:48 AM #10

Watermelon is my favorite flavor. Its going to be hard to resist poison turtles, logic doesn't always win.

3/14/2017 6:07:05 AM #11

I'm afraid and delighted.

ayy lmao

3/14/2017 6:19:37 PM #12

I absolutely adore this idea! And I love your art style!

3/29/2017 3:00:49 AM #13

Posted By Reikan at 03:58 AM - Thu Mar 02 2017

Watermelon is my favorite flavor. Its going to be hard to resist poison turtles, logic doesn't always win.

Hey if they are implemented maybe their poison could be used to poison the tips of arrows, darts etc

3/29/2017 5:52:58 AM #14

Posted By LapisRazuri at 05:00 AM - Wed Mar 29 2017

Posted By Reikan at 03:58 AM - Thu Mar 02 2017

Hey if they are implemented maybe their poison could be used to poison the tips of arrows, darts etc

Or the drinks of evil nobles? ;-) ...preferably melon juice ofc.

Kernothia

3/29/2017 12:18:44 PM #15

The Melon turtles must be in the game! This was good a way to concept the animal, not going literal with the melon. Nice!