COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Age Distribution at start

Will every player character be 15 (or 18?) in the beginning, as well as in the beginning of exposition? Wouldn't that mean that in public start we would have a bunch of e.g. 40 year old exposition characters and a much bigger bunch of 15 year olds? But no player characters of any other age?

1/8/2017 9:05:45 PM #1

Other than being born into a family, and wards, there is another means of character creation called Non-Traditional characters or NTC's in which you will be able to occupy an NPC with your soul and take over their life from that point forward. You will not be able to customize the person however. Or at least that is my understanding of it. So if used there should be a wide variety of ages across the spectrum.

1/10/2017 7:11:56 PM #2

But at exposition there would be just a bunch of 15 year old Kings, Dukes, Counts and such bossing the NPC:s around :)

1/10/2017 7:14:00 PM #3

Posted By Kurko at 03:11 AM - Wed Jan 11 2017

But at exposition there would be just a bunch of 15 year old Kings, Dukes, Counts and such bossing the NPC:s around :)

That would be unsightly. Haha

1/10/2017 7:33:36 PM #4

Posted By Gustyrill at 3:05 PM - Sun Jan 08 2017

Other than being born into a family, and wards, there is another means of character creation called Non-Traditional characters or NTC's in which you will be able to occupy an NPC with your soul and take over their life from that point forward. You will not be able to customize the person however. Or at least that is my understanding of it. So if used there should be a wide variety of ages across the spectrum.

My understanding as well.

In addition it has been hinted at if you have a title you will have to start as a NTC. Though that hasn't been finalized only discussed.

1/12/2017 9:41:49 AM #5

Another possible way to fix this is to let these kings, dukes and counts be born as heirs with an old father. They'd have some time to get familiar with the game and learn some necessary skills before taking up their responsibilities.

Then again, you could just take over that old king. It's been mentioned before that old characters would only be interesting to those looking to preserve their titles.

Alt text

1/13/2017 11:40:54 PM #6

Those of us paying for larger packs with multiple souls and whatnot could play as a more berserker/barbarian-esque playthrough, play with risk involved, and eventually with an early death in battle and higher skill ramps, reset with the general population in mind. I don't really see why I would reset personally though, I intend to work as a merchant, I'd be in a position to hire guards and workers.

1/13/2017 11:59:57 PM #7

That would be hilarious. I thought I heard all Exposition characters will be 18+ though, so if that's the case this issue will only come up if they choose to do a wipe.

Referral Code: 912EC9