COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Retaining Skills

Will we retain our previous life's skill after reincarnation?

1/11/2017 1:08:35 PM #1

Not exactly. If you use the same soul as your last character what you retain is skill ramps, this allows you to reach the same level you were before much quicker. In turn that allows you to actually become more powerful in the next life. You will not necessarily start from zero skill either as your character will have learnt skills during their childhood based of their parents and region.

So no, you do not just keep the same skill level, but your previous life dramatically impacts your skills this life and allows you to continue to advance.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/11/2017 7:10:41 PM #2

This makes more sense to me. The traits/skills etc you learn in this impacting your next life goes with the whole "leaving a legacy" theme. Also gives incentive to continue mastering the path you have chosen to go down.

1/12/2017 12:33:52 AM #3

Can you teach your heir your learned skills before you die? If so, how much of a difference would this be as opposed to doing nothing?

1/12/2017 9:44:36 AM #4

Yes, and it would make a difference. Hypothetically, let's say you reach 60% mastery in a single life. Starting over with a new character, you could now reach 75% in the next life. However, if you already trained your heir up to 20%, you might now reach 80-85%.

Note that all these numbers only serve to illustrate my point, there is no concrete information available at this point aside from the knowledge that it will make a difference.

Alt text

1/12/2017 11:31:35 AM #5

Question: In my first life I skill X to 60%.

in my second life I skill Y to 60% and ignore skill X.

Will I have skillramp in my third life for skill X?

:) Thx

1/12/2017 11:40:01 AM #6

You would still have a skill ramp but it might not be as high as it was.

One thing to point out is that with each passing life, the skills you gained in your first, second, third, etc… life will have less and less impact. However, if you continue to develop those skills with each successive life, the benefits will be compounded.

[Source]

We do not have firm numbers but it might well be that if you ignore that skill you had got to 60 for a life when you next go to increase it you find that you only have a skill ramp to 40. So still some benefit if you return to it soon enough but not the full effect.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/12/2017 11:40:10 AM #7

Yes, but it will be smaller than it was in the second life. You will keep some of it, but unless you train it in your current life it will diminish.

Edit: Seems like I wasn't fast enough -_-

Alt text

1/27/2017 12:04:49 PM #8

say you have s school and in this school,like a university or collage.you want to teach several skills.will thios be posable and if its youe school what will be your benefit?