COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Europe server divisions

So I see a lot about dividing the NA servers, but what about EU severs ? How will they be divided ?

also, considering all the polacks and russians ... I should just play on a NA server.. i would probably lag a lot...

1/16/2017 9:33:07 AM #1

It was previously said there'd be an EU Central (based in Frankfurt) and an EU West (based in Ireland). However, I believe this has been scraped in order to help make the single EU server feel more lively by having a larger player population.

1/16/2017 9:43:16 AM #2

Usually there is no real need to split EU servers anyway.

1/16/2017 9:53:16 AM #3

There is not currently any split in the EU but there might be in the future, this is the most recent message about it from Caspian when talking about Guild Recruitment:

With a confirmed APAC, EU, and two NA servers, with the potential for a second EU server, one logical way for us to split up the community a bit is by region.

[Source]

What I hope is that the split is based purely on population and not location. By that I mean that there are two EU servers but both are based out of Frankfurt, as this is the most central of the Amazon servers available. That means they can both be accessed easily by a large group of people, as I think a lot of EU players would be put off by an Irish server location due to the ping and I do not think the population of the UK and Ireland could sustain it alone.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/16/2017 11:09:56 AM #4

Please, make a ruski server just for the gold sellers and hackers!

Condado de Tarsis Solicia Gran Logia de Oliva

1/16/2017 4:23:04 PM #5

I hope there are 2 EU servers. Would prefer one to be in Ireland as then it will make it a little unqiue as its likely to be made up of different nationalities than the Frankfurt server but then again I don't mind if both are Frankfurt.

1/16/2017 5:10:37 PM #6

There is currently only one EU server.

1/16/2017 5:46:17 PM #7

I'd have liked 2 but the core reason was simply risk. There's always the risk that something goes wrong with a server. Perhaps pack mentality becomes an epidemic or the game simply becomes uninviting for new users. I like backup plans, but there's always the overseas options, if the latency is bearable.

If the game continues to shine as it is, I very much doubt 4 servers will be enough :) presumably there will be contingency plans if there is the demand?

1/16/2017 8:14:29 PM #8

"also, considering all the polacks and russians ... I should just play on a NA server.. i would probably lag a lot..."

I have to say that it's really sad how narrow-minded and prejudicing some people are.

If you're going to choose an NA server just because you're scared or hate some people because of their nationality then go ahead, but stop whining about it.

1/16/2017 8:25:35 PM #9

Posted By Oracle at 6:46 PM - Mon Jan 16 2017

I'd have liked 2 but the core reason was simply risk. There's always the risk that something goes wrong with a server. Perhaps pack mentality becomes an epidemic or the game simply becomes uninviting for new users. I like backup plans, but there's always the overseas options, if the latency is bearable.

If the game continues to shine as it is, I very much doubt 4 servers will be enough :) presumably there will be contingency plans if there is the demand?

The only reason you should really invest in making another server is if there's enough people to fill them out.

"There's always the risk that something goes wrong with a server" <-- won't really be solved by making a second server unless you could transfer your character to the other server I don't see your point.

"Perhaps pack mentality becomes an epidemic or the game simply becomes uninviting for new users" -

Well then let's make CoE a singleplayer game, you won't ever have to deal with people you don't like and even better we could add it so you could invite your close friends to play with you. I don't see how a pack mentality will work or what you define as "uninviting" CoE is a hard world, but you'll most likely spawn into a family, I don't imagine they would try to kill off their own child? or maybe your definition of "uninviting" is an entirely different one than mine, and still I can't see how this will be solved by creating a second server? (Will the uninviting people only be on 1 of the servers? that would be awfully neat then)

1/16/2017 9:37:06 PM #10

I want my own server, because CoE is best enjoyed as a huge SinglePlayer Game.

Alt text - can be left blank

1/17/2017 3:30:13 AM #11

Posted By Caspian at 5:10 PM - Mon Jan 16 2017

There is currently only one EU server.

Excellent news :). I'm hoping we'll stick to the single server approach unless the population on the EU server becomes so big you have to create a second server. Splitting up the EU population as it is at the moment would be a really bad idea as the population is just not there to support two servers from what I have seen of kingdoms recruiting.

The only kingdom that seems to want a second EU server is Terenia and calling them a kingdom is a bit of lie as they are mainly just counts. They have no chance of taking over a kingdom quickly at all. If they do manage to take over a kingdom it'll take them months, maybe even years (real life months and years I am talking about here) to do it.

1/17/2017 6:36:43 AM #12

Posted By Liva at 8:14 PM - Mon Jan 16 2017

"also, considering all the polacks and russians ... I should just play on a NA server.. i would probably lag a lot..."

I have to say that it's really sad how narrow-minded and prejudicing some people are.

If you're going to choose an NA server just because you're scared or hate some people because of their nationality then go ahead, but stop whining about it.

Posted By Liva at 8:14 PM - Mon Jan 16 2017

I cant see anything relevant to that. Is it a failed troll?

1/17/2017 6:49:12 AM #13

Posted By Oracle at 06:36 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

Read the original post and you'll see what he is talking about.

1/17/2017 7:15:57 AM #14

Posted By Cromulent at 06:49 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

Posted By Oracle at 06:36 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

Read the original post and you'll see what he is talking about.

Aah. You think it's because of national stereotypes? :)

Yeah see what you mean now.

I have concerns about "ARK" mentality killing off an awesome game but that pack mentality can't fairly be attributed to any country in my opinion. It does rely on numbers though. Hence a second option cuts the risk, but only where players opt for another server.

1/17/2017 2:11:19 PM #15

If a second server was set up at a later date then how would that work? I mean it would start off with a completely NPC world wouldn't it as the game would have already started nor an expo of any sorts. Only new people would have the option of choosing it plus it would be further behind in the 10 year story arc.