COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Investigating to start a new Family with some Friends

I discovered this game recently and see some interesting features here. So, to make it short, I am interested in buying into the game.

I would like to start a family with some Friends and want to know a bit more about the Pledge Packages.

One question that past through my mind if it is possible to buy one of the Gentry Packages and give a few of the sparks to Friends instead of using them myself? If not, what would be the best buy-in to start a Family? Do all packages have a plot of land included or does that come at an extra cost?

I also would like to understand a bit more about the souls. Are they a kind of skill boosts or am I totally wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help. :)

1/16/2017 11:22:03 AM #1

Hello Xander, welcome to the community. hopefully i can answer most of these questions.

you character will start of in a family, you will not own your families land but if you do work for your npc family then you may be granted it through their will. you can buy land via exposition points or if you are a mayor your friends can buy villager tokens to grant you land for the settlement.

souls are your characters life force, they do not give skill bonuses really, but after your character dies it will retain some memory of past lives, giving your next character that you pass the soul onto via the "spark of life" quicker experience gain in the skills you used in past lives. this adds progression to your soul.

your friends can use your children for their heirs to join your family, so in the first generation i believe the only way of joining together in a family will be through marriage. i could be wrong about this though.

i also don't believe that you can gift your extra sparks, but in the merchandise store there is a "wagon for 2" this comes with an extra copy of the game you can gift to a friend and also a wagon for you to ride around in together.

hope this helped. cheers,

1/16/2017 1:53:44 PM #2

To answer the first part no gifting is not a thing yet so you can't give sparks to another person. Also they would still need to actually buy the game and that purchase comes with 3 souls and a spark of life. Think of sparks as your subscription payment.

Not all packages come with land. You can still buy land via EP but you will also need to purchase a building and furniture to flesh out the house, or guild hall depending on what you want to do with it.

You will start out as a member of an npc family regardless of the package you back with. (Unless you choose to be a ward then well you're on your own) That family has a home, but you will have to earn favor with them by doing tasks and such in order to inherit anything. So I wouldn't count on that as a way to get a home.

As for starting out in the same family you can by choosIng siblings of the same NPC family. To do so you will need to basically pick a family with enough open pc slots for you and your friends to join. Beyond that marrying into the same family is your best bet. Once you have all the cats herded into the same family you will just need to insure enough kids are born you and your friends will always have an heir.

1/17/2017 8:18:29 AM #3

@AnnFrank & Malais,

Thank you both for your replies.

It has filled in some parts of the puzzle in regard to the gifting of Sparks and Souls. It also gave me a bit more inside into the family structure and bonding through marriage. It leaves me with an additional question: Will it be possible to be part of the same NPC family as brothers and/or sisters? That way we would be family and start of within the same age group.

I am still a little confused if a land plot is part of the pledge packages Gentry Bloodline aso. This is because it mentioned that you are a sanction landowner in the main description for these packages. For me this hints that land is part of that pledge package.

I am pretty sure that Aristocracy - Mayor aso covers landownership. Because there is a forum post where the hierarchy for distribution of land plots is explained. Mayors are the last ones to pick land.

But I would like to know for sure before I can make a decision what to buy or not.

1/18/2017 9:35:30 AM #4

Land is something you can buy with the EP included in your package, but you don't have to. You can just strike a deal with the count and use the EP for whatever else you need. All those titles indicate is that you start with some wealth and a slightly higher position in medieval hierarchy.

If I remember correctly, a mayor owns at least 51% of the plots in a settlement (for those who bought the pledge). Would be great if someone would verify this, though.

Alt text

1/18/2017 7:40:28 PM #5

@Calligomiles

Also my thanks for you reply. Would be nice if this kind of information would be part of the descriptions for the Pledge Packages. I didn't know about the EP and just found out this information appears only if you continue to order. Perhaps something the owner should consider to add to the first page Fe an "I" for additional information.

As said, thank you for your help, Xander

1/18/2017 9:52:55 PM #6

Posted By Xander_Pendragon at 02:18 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

@AnnFrank & Malais,

Thank you both for your replies.

It has filled in some parts of the puzzle in regard to the gifting of Sparks and Souls. It also gave me a bit more inside into the family structure and bonding through marriage. It leaves me with an additional question: Will it be possible to be part of the same NPC family as brothers and/or sisters? That way we would be family and start of within the same age group.

I am still a little confused if a land plot is part of the pledge packages Gentry Bloodline aso. This is because it mentioned that you are a sanction landowner in the main description for these packages. For me this hints that land is part of that pledge package.

I am pretty sure that Aristocracy - Mayor aso covers landownership. Because there is a forum post where the hierarchy for distribution of land plots is explained. Mayors are the last ones to pick land.

But I would like to know for sure before I can make a decision what to buy or not.

A mayor does indeed own land, but how much and what type is really up to you. As a mayor+ (goes for nobility as well since they are also mayors of their capital) you will have a currency name/type hasn't been revealed yet that is seperate from EP which is used to take control of different plots in your town.

The following is the current theory using the available information (not from discord conversations)

Since a little while back it was revealed that plots (and buildings) all have a different value which is extends to EP purchases as well you could pick 50% or so of your town or you could pick the most important and valuable plots and it is possible you could own less than 50% of your settlement.

However you do not need to pledge as a mayor or higher to own land and buildings. You can simply buy some EP and use it to purchase land, buildings, and furnishings since via the EP store they should be sold separately.

1/19/2017 12:22:22 PM #7

@ Malais

Thank you to this addition. It makes the whole thing a lot more interesting. So many aspects that will play a role in how you start of or want to start of Trying to soak in as much information as possible so I can make the best decision possible and have value for money within a desired gameplay style. :D