COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Upcoming Q&A

does anybody have a schedule of the upcoming Q&A s ? after biomes comes settlements, and after that ?

i really want a talents/magick Q&A

1/17/2017 12:04:47 PM #1

This video has some details on them, although it's pretty old so some of the info is out of date, like souls having talents instead of characters.

EDIT: It's a long video and I don't remember where exactly they talk about them, but the entire thing is pretty interesting.

Referral Code: 912EC9

1/17/2017 12:06:18 PM #2

so far we only know of the one Q&A on land management, they i assume they will do one every couple of weeks, but what they are on completely depends on what content they have made the most progression on and feel the most comfortable with to talk about. some systems just aren't going to be ready for a while.

1/17/2017 12:31:30 PM #3

I am wondering why they don't collect questions for their Q & A on land management here on this forum where the community is and where the pledged nobles are! Instead they go to that outsider board reddit...

Life is too short to play bad games.

1/17/2017 12:34:53 PM #4

Posted By Costanius at 12:31 PM - Tue Jan 17 2017

I am wondering why they don't collect questions for their Q & A on land management here on this forum where the community is and where the pledged nobles are! Instead they go to that outsider board reddit...

Advertisement.

That and posts move up and down based on votes making it easier to ask the popular questions during the stream.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/17/2017 12:37:07 PM #5

Posted By Costanius at 10:31 PM - Tue Jan 17 2017

yes it is very strange that... but maybe its some way to advertise the game on another platform IE redit...

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/17/2017 4:42:55 PM #6

I wish they could use their web pages email features for the people who have accounts tied to them. That way everyone would get a chance without having to go to some other site.

I get the feeling its the same people who have free time for the Q&As asking all the questions. I get they love their videos they make but it limits some people.

1/17/2017 4:55:38 PM #7

Everyone can use Reddit, and it opens up the questions to those interested in the game but not yet committed. If you would prefer not to make an account on Reddit you can always as a friend to submit a question on your behalf.

I think using Reddit makes it more, rather than less, inclusive.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/17/2017 4:56:47 PM #8

The Q&A is on January 26th, the same day the For Honor beta starts. I'm gonna have some choices to make.

Referral Code: 912EC9

1/17/2017 4:58:01 PM #9

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 5:55 PM - Tue Jan 17 2017

Everyone can use Reddit, and it opens up the questions to those interested in the game but not yet committed. If you would prefer not to make an account on Reddit you can always as a friend to submit a question on your behalf.

I think using Reddit makes it more, rather than less, inclusive.

There are a lot of people that don't want to use reddit. And they shouldn't get forced to do so if CoE has it's very own forum.

1/17/2017 5:53:09 PM #10

I don't like having to signup on some other site to do things for a site I am already signed up for.

Also the idea of someone on Reddit not even having an account on here has easier access then all of us seems silly.

1/17/2017 8:57:40 PM #11

Not to burst any bubbles, but unfortunately, between talents not being in at launch, and the devs keeping mostly a "it's a myth/legend" approach on it all then I am doubting there will be a Q&A on these things before launch.

1/17/2017 9:43:00 PM #12

Posted By randys22 at 09:53 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

I don't like having to signup on some other site to do things for a site I am already signed up for.

Also the idea of someone on Reddit not even having an account on here has easier access then all of us seems silly.

I found this game awhile ago through Reddit.

It seems the common theme for games is to use Twitter or Facebook, so I will be thankful they are using Reddit instead.

You don't have to sign up for Reddit. You also don't have to watch their live stream on Twitch. The video will get linked here on this site. The details will be posted here on this site.

But if you want to add questions you will have to use Reddit. If you want to watch the live stream and chat with them while they do it. You will have to use Twitch.

But you don't need to do either of those things to get all the information from it.

You don't even need an email to access Reddit. I would agree with you if the videos and their transcripts didn't end up here. Or if it wasn't good advertising (More people = more revenue and more fun)

1/17/2017 10:32:57 PM #13

I am not trying to bad mouth putting stuff out on other sites and I am glad you found the game from whatever way someone finds it.

It is just that for me to have a question that officailly gets a response I should not need to have an account somewhere else.

Hell just make a thread that sends an email to a dummy Q&A account they could use to pull from.

I just think its wrong to say for someone to get a question to them it takes reddit and to join the live talk you have to be in twitch as well. I love that they post all the info later but it seems like they are adding to many hoops to jump through just to be a part of it.

1/17/2017 11:18:32 PM #14

Posted By randys22 at 4:32 PM - Tue Jan 17 2017

I am not trying to bad mouth putting stuff out on other sites and I am glad you found the game from whatever way someone finds it.

It is just that for me to have a question that officailly gets a response I should not need to have an account somewhere else.

Hell just make a thread that sends an email to a dummy Q&A account they could use to pull from.

I just think its wrong to say for someone to get a question to them it takes reddit and to join the live talk you have to be in twitch as well. I love that they post all the info later but it seems like they are adding to many hoops to jump through just to be a part of it.

whoa really? they just can't please everyone can they? you can just NOT watch the live stream if its just so hard to make an acct.

Stop complaining about something that is really insignificant, I'd rather have them out-source then spend the time to add this or that to make QQers happy. I want them on the game getting it ready for alpha and beta not spending time making threads and fixing unnecessary problems that can/can't be be addressed at a later time. This is not a priority.

I get what you are saying, but all in all if you're a gamer you would have a reddit acct from previous games, twitch and, mmorpg to stay up on all the latest games and updates. If it is really such a pain to make an acct on reddit or any of the other sites then Sir you are not serious about COE enough.

FYI: Reddit you do not have to make an acct to read the comments but you do need one to ask a question.

So please stop crying about something so minute and be happy that they are working extremely hard to deliver a game we all want.

1/18/2017 2:06:54 AM #15

On behalf of the Devs:

But seriously, The Devs are making a game. They are using other platforms (Twitch/Reddit/Discord/IRC/Facebook/Twitter/Youtube) to facilitate community involvement, which is far more than a LOT of companies do at ALL.

Also, I recall a thread that explained some of why SBS doesn't have supreme functionality on the forums. They planned it that way. From the start they wanted to build the community with the dedicated players, in order to find the forum mods and such. Caeoltoiri is an example of a community member who became a mod and then actually joined the company!

The forums were originally intentionally hard to navigate with few features, so they could sort things like that, because only the real dedicated people would go searching for all the minutiae new folks come looking for. The commnity BLEW UP because of Kickstarter, bringing in far more members than they were prepared for (in terms of website functionality). They have been working on catching up from that every since.

Again, though, they are primarily making a game, not a website. So taking advantage of those offsite platforms makes sense.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF