COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
DRAGONS

There is soooooo much about dragons that can fit into an Epic worldwide story.

Don't tell us about them, devs, don't even tell us whether there will be any. Make them stand out, just like CoE. Make them fantastic, mysterious and intelligent.

I hope at least one Dev sees this message and at least considers having dragons. (maybe they already have)

SbS are visionaries, they make groundbreaking stuff, i am confident that their dragons wont even compare to todays """dragons""" (im looking at you, skyrim)

1/17/2017 8:40:25 PM #1

Since the game is low fantasy, i dont think there will be any dragon in the game, but like you i think it would be a good idea to have few dragon on the map as a rare and intelligent creature.

1/17/2017 8:42:00 PM #2

I believe Caspian once said that in Elyria 'Dragon' and 'Daemon' are synonymous. So if we reach an age in Elyria where dragons take to the skies, they'll be not just mythical creatures but fragments of a god!

1/17/2017 9:00:30 PM #3

Im erect for dragons

1/17/2017 9:02:05 PM #4

Caspian loves dragons. They're going to be in the game, although very rare and probably not actually present until later in the story.

Referral Code: 912EC9

1/17/2017 9:30:02 PM #5

There are dragons! Our Orders' god is a dragon, and his name is Ryalra'ad! :D

Good luck ;)

1/17/2017 9:33:34 PM #6

Posted By Orisoll at 1:02 PM - Tue Jan 17 2017

Caspian loves dragons. They're going to be in the game, although very rare and probably not actually present until later in the story.

That is always good. I would be pretty excited if they decided to take the rare step and have Dragons be rare, Gm Controlled monsters. Though, I will happily settle with rare, and powerful.

1/18/2017 12:10:01 AM #7

"IF" Dragons appeared in the game, I would like to believe their/its very presence to be the sign of a world event. And a very bad one at that.

If you look at the lord of the rings story, a dragon destroyed an entire city and then made the city its den. If the same type of event happened in Eylria, I'd love it. If everyone was flying around on tamed dragon mounts.... well /uninstall. lol. But seriously, that would be horrible.

1/18/2017 12:15:01 AM #8

If they ever show up in game I am pretty sure it will be super rare and talked about for years to come, like remember when so and so happened ...

1/18/2017 3:10:52 AM #9

What would make this game even better is if a Kingdom was able to tame said dragon and use it to breed nazgul ;0 Essentially a corrupt dragon. Then things would get real interesting!

Guild Master

1/18/2017 5:14:00 AM #10

Has to be dragons, for the dragon cult I will be running. Fire will cleanse you and set you free.

1/18/2017 6:35:36 AM #11

Caspian said in a Q&A with BicycleWalrus that Dragon will be untamable BECAUSE they are intelligent creatures. They will have their own motivations and storyline.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

1/18/2017 6:38:20 AM #12

Posted By Exanix at 10:10 PM - Tue Jan 17 2017

What would make this game even better is if a Kingdom was able to tame said dragon and use it to breed nazgul ;0 Essentially a corrupt dragon. Then things would get real interesting!

all legends about Daemons (children of daemon who are synonomous with the word dragon in this world) have them at least as intelligent as humans, from what i can glean. so don't expect to ever tame one let alone breed them like common animals.

1/18/2017 6:59:43 AM #13

It is possible that there may be reptilian animals that are similar in appearance to dragons that could be added as they are developing their animals for the biosphere. They would probably called a drake, basilisk, or a wyvern. Think a winged version of the pet reptile. There also could be creatures based on the reptile order Pterosauria.

Just mentioning that for those of you holding out hope of some sort of psudo-dragon pet. Then again, we have freaking flying raptor penguins. You have no idea what kind of cool stuff may be waiting in the wings. pun intended

1/18/2017 7:26:46 AM #14

Please no flying wow mounts. I am all for diversity but let's leave flying to the inventors and tinkerers.

1/18/2017 7:36:53 AM #15

I agree Dragon should keep rare, maybe the whole world just have less than 10 dragons. And that should be even interesting if contract can make between the King and Dragon. So a King might scarify his life / kingdom's wealth, in exchange of having the dragon in war.