COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
School for the magically gifted

Hello all I have a proposal I'd like to make since their is only talents or magic in a small percent of the population of Elyria I think us that are going to be among the first generation of mann should make a place where these players are welcome and can freely practice their abilities with no repercussions. The first thing I would also like to do is set an establishment with different branches on the facility so we can easily and effectively help them with the certain abilities the may have. Now even though talents are very limited in this world we can also establish branches for alchemy, herbalism and things of that nature that normal players can access in the arcane arts. I do not know if this is a popular opinion that I am expressing but however I do feel like we need to address this issue so those with these abilities can be properly prepared for their life and make the right decisions I hope some agree. I would also like to say you don't have to be one of the lucky people with talents to come to this school I want it to be a place where people can learn and if they have it practice their skills so magic can live on throughout the world for many decades to come and I hope some people that like this idea will join me

1/19/2017 4:20:37 PM #1

I think you overestimate just how many people will have talents and in addition they will be spread across all of the kingdoms.

1/19/2017 4:21:31 PM #2

Sounds good.. Where do you plan on making it? I'd love to stop by for a visit :)

Friend code: 172B2A

1/19/2017 4:25:47 PM #3

I for one, if I even find out I have the talent,, wouldn't share it for a very long time..

1/19/2017 4:37:32 PM #4

Posted By Mordakai at 10:25 AM - Thu Jan 19 2017

I for one, if I even find out I have the talent,, wouldn't share it for a very long time..

Shhh.. Let him think this place will be safe :)

Friend code: 172B2A

1/19/2017 4:43:40 PM #5

Would love to stop for a visit and kill all of you so i can take the magic loot :)

1/19/2017 4:44:01 PM #6

indeed alsakan rebel I also think he over estimate you might see a magicly gifted person per generation maybe even every 2 or 3 generations

1/19/2017 4:44:07 PM #7

This would be a coveted society , one that doesn't just "share" their magical experience with others , but rather a group of skull and bones type cult that uses their magic for good/bad purposes in the safety of shadows .

1/19/2017 5:09:35 PM #8

Some random thoughts in no particular order:

1. A group like this would probably find that they were safest living in secret

2. When the first student shows up, what will he be taught? He will be the only one with magic.

3. Like others said I think for this to work you may need more people. If only 5% have talents, and magic is just one of the talents, then how many people are we talking about?

4. Maybe a group that studies the supernatural academically with a small secret wing devoted to a handful of people who actually practice it is a more workable idea?

But it's an interesting idea, so don't let me poop on your parade. Go for it.

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair

1/19/2017 5:17:03 PM #9

We must found an organization to find and weed out these unnatural evil deviants!!!

1/19/2017 5:19:43 PM #10

What was it? 5% of the Pop? 100k per server? Makes 5000. Not all of them will find out that they have a talent. Let's say 1/10 will realize they have one. So 500. Let's say 20% of them have a talent that would be magic of some kind. 100 peeps. I still belive magic will be powerful. If it would be a gimmick there would be no need to make it rear. So that's 100 ticking bombs per generation. I call that a lot ^^ especially if they gang up.

1/19/2017 5:27:20 PM #11

I think you've been watching a little bit too much of X-MEN.

Count Pledge

1/19/2017 5:42:09 PM #12

Posted By Atogrim at 12:19 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

What was it? 5% of the Pop? 100k per server? Makes 5000. Not all of them will find out that they have a talent. Let's say 1/10 will realize they have one. So 500. Let's say 20% of them have a talent that would be magic of some kind. 100 peeps. I still belive magic will be powerful. If it would be a gimmick there would be no need to make it rear. So that's 100 ticking bombs per generation. I call that a lot ^^ especially if they gang up.

mhmmm far less IMO 20% of those with a talent being magic would mean there are just 5 talents of so my guess is more in betwee 0.1 and 1%

1/19/2017 5:49:05 PM #13

Posted By CountFrancisDrake at 12:42 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

mhmmm far less IMO 20% of those with a talent being magic would mean there are just 5 talents of so my guess is more in betwee 0.1 and 1%

not really, i see people acting like talents will be doled out evenly, when i have seen comments from the devs to the contrary, for example planeswalking was one i have heard mention as being one of the rarest of talents, and i believe magic or something like what we would call magic would be one of the common ones (common as in out of the 5% more have magic or whatever equivalent, than planeswalking)

if you have heard something new on this from the devs i would be interested to know.

1/19/2017 6:05:16 PM #14

Ok I see some clarification is needed.

Posted By CountFrancisDrake at 6:42 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

No. It wouldn't. Let's take our all time favorites in this forum. The lich, the Saint, the vampire and the mage. They all will have some kind of magical talents and belong to the group magic. But they likely won't have the same talents. We can spin this even further. A fire mage will have different talents than a ice mage for example. But in the end the talents are all magic. To be honest I couldn't come up with enough non magic rare talents to fill the other 80% lol.

Posted By Bazak at 6:49 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

Posted By CountFrancisDrake at 12:42 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

not really, i see people acting like talents will be doled out evenly, when i have seen comments from the devs to the contrary, for example planeswalking was one i have heard mention as being one of the rarest of talents, and i believe magic or something like what we would call magic would be one of the common ones (common as in out of the 5% more have magic or whatever equivalent, than planeswalking)

if you have heard something new on this from the devs i would be interested to know.

Indeed I have but sorry, nda and stuff..... No of course I have not ;-) I am just doing some math, that's all. Non the less I would be thankful if you could point me to your source.

1/19/2017 6:36:16 PM #15

Magic talents are the rare type of talent, and a very small percentage of the community (on each server) will have one, and even if you have one you won't know until you trigger it to be known. Don't expect this school to be open for long if at all, I mean it's a nice name but maybe you can just use it as a normal school? You can always have your students try to trigger their talent if they somehow possess one.