COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Regarding the talents school

After reading the comments and looking back into the game's development and what we know at this time I have greatly overestimated the amount of players that will be able to obtain any of the talents. With that said I don't think a school is necessary for those who possess these talents so I'm going to retract my idea for it thanks for the feedback on the matter, I'm new here so I'm still learning about this world, it's lore, and how it works so my bad

1/19/2017 7:04:12 PM #1

Why in the world would you not post this in the original thread?

1/19/2017 7:17:59 PM #2

Hi Agothor. Welcome to the forums and thanks for adding content to think about. While Arisilde has a point and this post was probably best placed in your other thread, please disregard the tone. Some people just can't help themselves. Your involvement in the various discussions and sincere questions are appreciated. ;)

1/19/2017 7:27:13 PM #3

Yeah, Arisilde was super rude. How dare he say what he said.

Safe space with no criticism allowed that way ---->

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

1/19/2017 7:34:41 PM #4

Actually, 5% of the playerbase seems like plenty to support a thriving school -- isn't 5% supposed to be the percent of characters with magic potential?

1/19/2017 7:54:14 PM #5

5% of the player base will have some sort of talent - not all of them will be magic-based. Among those 5%, a smaller percentage will "unlock" their talent by performing whatever unknown action will trigger it to manifest.

1/19/2017 8:24:37 PM #6

100.000 players across all servers at release (super optimistic number).

5% of that is 5000 players, divided by 4 servers is

1250 players with talents on 1 server, maybe 20% will uncover that talent, which is

250 players with uncovered potential and of those 250 players how many will have a magic talent?

And how many of the magical talent people will ACTUALLY be able to use some sort of magic system?

And how many of those will want to join some sort of school where they can learn nothing, since the possibility that they can meet someone of a similar talent and learn from him is even smaller.

I urge all of you to stop getting so hung up on magic, vampires, liches and similar. This will be the stuff of legends. It will be exceedingly rare. It will be fun and interestin when someone gets to use magic and we'll all be in awe. Alas, if you want magic and vampires and similar go play ESO or WOW or something.

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

1/20/2017 12:12:45 AM #7

I thought it was 100,000 per server, not 100,000 across all servers.

1/20/2017 2:36:10 PM #8

Thanks Grayshade I'm kinda new to the whole forum thing so I'll just keep what he said as less than friendly advice :) Good to know most people on this forum aren't just here to beat down people's ideas

1/20/2017 2:43:27 PM #9

Posted By Grayshade at 3:24 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

I think that is optimistic for servers like apac but the NA servers should exceed that. Im pretty sure Caspian said in casual comms that we now have over 200k accounts and 100k+ of them were NA based. so even if we did a 50/50 split we still have 50k/100k per server a YEAR before game release. Realistically it would be an 60 NA-E and 40 NA-W split imo leaving 60k NAE and 40k NAW. but again this is with numbers a year prior to launch, maybe two.

I don't know anymore.

1/20/2017 4:29:29 PM #10

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 01:43 AM - Sat Jan 21 2017

Posted By Grayshade at 3:24 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

I think that is optimistic for servers like apac but the NA servers should exceed that. Im pretty sure Caspian said in casual comms that we now have over 200k accounts and 100k+ of them were NA based. so even if we did a 50/50 split we still have 50k/100k per server a YEAR before game release. Realistically it would be an 60 NA-E and 40 NA-W split imo leaving 60k NAE and 40k NAW. but again this is with numbers a year prior to launch, maybe two.

I think you mean NAW would have more people over NAE. With how people/kingdoms keep leaving that server.

1/21/2017 9:11:46 PM #11

Accounts maaaaybe. Pledged accounts are a different things. But I'm staying realistic/pesimistic and say the number is not realistic.

Star Citizen has 1,725,464 accounts that pledged on average 80$. SC gathered over 140mil $ that way.

If we really had 200.000 accounts every account pledged on average 10$. See the disrepancy? That's why I doubt it.

1/22/2017 4:27:49 PM #12

Posted By Grayshade at 2:24 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

5% of that is 5000 players, divided by 4 servers is

1250 players with talents on 1 server, maybe 20% will uncover that talent, which is

250 players with uncovered potential and of those 250 players how many will have a magic talent?

And how many of the magical talent people will ACTUALLY be able to use some sort of magic system?

And how many of those will want to join some sort of school where they can learn nothing, since the possibility that they can meet someone of a similar talent and learn from him is even smaller.

I urge all of you to stop getting so hung up on magic, vampires, liches and similar. This will be the stuff of legends. It will be exceedingly rare. It will be fun and interestin when someone gets to use magic and we'll all be in awe. Alas, if you want magic and vampires and similar go play ESO or WOW or something.

To me, looking at these numbers ... i cannot understand why SbS changed the talent system from account-bound (to be passed on) to character-bound ... only to die out quickly (what is the point unless they are so gamebreakingly strong?)... i have thought that if i am lucky enough to get one it will probably be at end of character's life

Methinks that was the first step in drastically de-emphasizing the importance and thus the implementation of Talents

No game company will spend very much time implementing a non-shallow game mechanic that only "5 percent of 5 percent" (5 percent unlock the talent of the 5 percent that have one)

All of this in my opinion of course ... I hope I am wrong ... SbS first instinct was right on this one to keep talents on the account not just the character... such a neat game concept that will now be neglected due to simply the lack of playerbase it will affect

1/22/2017 5:16:30 PM #13

Posted By Grayshade at 1:27 PM - Thu Jan 19 2017

Yeah, Arisilde was super rude. How dare he say what he said.

Safe space with no criticism allowed that way ---->

:D

Yeah frankly I have no idea what is wrong with people these days. I wasn't even being hostile or rude, it was simply a question. Why would someone come to a free for all PVP game like this if they are so weak you get bent out of shape just from someone questioning an action? Is that really a thing? It'll be amusing to see all the salt that gushes forth when these types start getting pounded in game.

Posted By Agothor at 08:36 AM - Fri Jan 20 2017

Thanks Grayshade I'm kinda new to the whole forum thing so I'll just keep what he said as less than friendly advice :) Good to know most people on this forum aren't just here to beat down people's ideas

If you really think that was unfriendly you must be new to the internet, not just this game. All I did was ask a fair question, that your supporter up there even agreed with. Also, to be fair, I didn't even comment on your idea, so you're really stretching with you passive aggression :)

Overall, not a real good showing for an introduction to the community.