COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
CoE forms of progression

It's a core part of most RPGs - the progression systems. CoE redefines the genre. Some people may be wondering what options there are for progression within Elyria.

Here's a thread for posting the many many forms of progression. What forms of progression do you know of?

I'll post a load myself if you don't spot many :)

1/20/2017 6:48:46 PM #1

Soul - Achievements, Skills, ect.
Material - Wealth, homes, animals.
Political - Aspirations to be a monarch like Trump.
Guild - Internal Politics, advancement.

Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter backer #2!

1/20/2017 6:59:44 PM #2

Posted By KalTheo at 6:48 PM - Fri Jan 20 2017

Soul - Achievements, Skills, ect.
Material - Wealth, homes, animals.
Political - Aspirations to be a monarch like Trump.
Guild - Internal Politics, advancement.

Damn. I thought you'd be thinking about it longer than that to come up with a list :D

How about regional/personal accomplishments or discoveries? For example, your town/county/duchy/kingdom first discovered and manufactured war boats, or crossbows etc?

That's a sense of pride, and equates to advancement too.

1/20/2017 7:02:42 PM #3

Ps Kickstarter backer 321 :) You beat me.

IP pos 357 too :)

1/20/2017 9:32:31 PM #4

Progression is dead.

Progression in MMO is usually the perception of accomplishment by navagating gated content. Be it various hard modes on dungeons or various levels of PVP.

Since COE is being built to be more table top RPG than simple MMO progression in COE is simply moving successfully from one life to the next.

I honestly believe for COE it is what you personally make it. We could list out every possibility of every action in game, master swordsmith, 1 death in a lifetime, become king Ext.

1/20/2017 9:58:42 PM #5

I think the main pull for "progression" in this game will be Change, in and of itself.

Recall the earliest Jornals by Caspian, where he talks about what a dynamic world ought to be. "If it can change, it should."

Thus, anything that leads to change is progression, including technology, exploration and learning, as well as what's been mentioned before.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF