COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
History class in CoE

There are people (like myself) who cannot afford to pledge huge amouts, (uni students.. heh) only the smaller packages. So being part of the aristocracy and monarchy is sadly out of question for us. BUT STILL Im eager to know how kingdoms of elyria will turn out, to at least familiarise myself with the kingdoms/duchies

Lurking the forums is one way. But scrolling trough hundreds of pages is not fun.

Will we get a real time map of KoE once its active ? Can we learn about the "history" of CoE even if we are just mere farmers, m'lord ?

1/21/2017 12:15:33 PM #1

I think that depends on the kingdom and the server. For the EU I'm certain to write down the history of the kingdoms because that is part of the job I want to take. Maybe there can be similiar projects on the NA and APAC servers. I also imagine that the Devs will release something like a summary of the events as it would be a great way to draw more players in the game 'look our history is dictated by players, you could be one of them in this cool new total free sandbox world.'

We will know once KoE will be released.

1/21/2017 3:04:31 PM #2

The short answer is yes, you will be able to follow the history, since everyone pledged should have access to ElyriaMUD.

The MUD and KoE will cross-polinate in that significant events that happen on one side will happen on the other, and vice versa.

You too can help build the history of the world, even as a lowly adventurer, you just can't influence the politics, unless you manage to raise your MUD self out of the muck and into a mayor/barony title.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/21/2017 3:44:31 PM #3

Would be cool to write a brief County History for counties. Nothing silly. Just some immersive history for events and trades in the county and to add flavor for those later joining, to give a better picture of what the county is about.

1/21/2017 5:10:35 PM #4

Unfortunately, there is only so much "history" that can be written before we know the "official lore". Doing so prematurely will simply be foolish. I for one am waiting for a basic timeline of historical events. No rush though, fleshing out a world is something best not hurried.

1/21/2017 5:15:58 PM #5

I don't think they will just shut down the pledges after the game goes live you will still be able to buy sparks of life and souls. So if you can only pay for one spark and one soul that will last up to a year then you can buy or add more later on. I don't think they will stop selling souls and sparks that is what going to keep the game going.

1/24/2017 10:21:01 AM #6

OP.

arh i hear you that some of the tiers are out of reach for some of us BUT... they do have layaway so the Mayor Title is within reasonable reach.

and remember that a life being around avrage of 1 year would normaly cost u 15X12 $180 in other games and you get 3 sparks of life with mayor it more then justifes the spend...

at least thats how i justifed it to my self... lol

but yes laway makes the options more open... so dont think you cant afford it because your just looking at a once of payment.. think of it as more a monthly spend and u will find you can aford more then u were thinking.

but yes if u wait to long then these options become harder as land selection should spell the end of all packaged titles being on offer.

and end of expo the shop closes but yes u can always buy more lifes as normal Subscription.

personaly i promote them incraseing the sparks of life to $50 as i realy want this game to last into the 10 years they have planned.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/27/2017 8:06:14 AM #7

Don't forget the rumour mill in game. Large events in the world will be talked about, so while you're at the tavern, you'll hear how this duke was assassinated and how this kingdom is going to war with that kingdom.

Whether the rumours are true, is a different matter...