COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Hunter

Im interest if anyone has information on the hunting mechanics. Would it be simply hunting animals passing by with bow and arrow or other weapons or would be able to track animals maybe even set up snares to catch them. Thank you.

1/24/2017 12:47:58 PM #1

Tracking animals was mentioned as part of the Survival skill tree in the blog about Character Roles and Skill Advancement, however details on how that mechanic might work have not been released yet. We also know that trap making is a skill, however, this was discussed in one of the Q&As and it wasn’t clear if this was trapping animals or players though I would imagine they could be made to do both!

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

2/26/2017 4:06:54 PM #2

There has also been mention of animal taming. Though many see it as the cliché mount breeding. It has been mentioned you will be able to tame wild beasts as pets.

"...When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." ~Chief Tecumseh

3/1/2017 5:38:28 AM #3

I would think that an experienced hunter might know a thing or few about the nature of the animals they hunt. This being said I believe hunting and animal taming professions might share certain skills or at least provide certain bonuses to one another if a player was to practice both professions. For example a hunter should know his prey's preferred food and habitat. On the other hand a good tamer would be able to train animals to assist in the hunt.

7/14/2017 9:40:17 AM #4

It was mentioned inan Q&A that the charakter skill "tracking" helps you to see the Tracks of an animal. But to identifie what kind of animal the tracks are from is based on Player skill. So you have to identify to what kind of animal the tracks belong.

https://discord.gg/HhcgrgD