COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Gaining a custom name

Hello community of CoE!

I have one question that I can't find the answear for literally anywhere. If I'll start playing with my plegde being lower than "bloodlines" do I have a possibility in a point in the game to gain by favor, fame or whatever my own custom surname? Or I'll be bound to random generated one, unless I marry someone and take theirs?

1/25/2017 9:37:23 AM #1

You will be able to earn other surnames through achievements. These can be based on heroic deeds, skill proficiency, or even humorous events. Some of these will even be unique to your bloodline. However, they will not be customisable. There will be a lot of choice with surnames and the various dynasties in the world but if you want a specific surname you will need to go for the Bloodline tier or above or convince a friend with it to get your surname into Elyria.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/27/2017 9:04:26 AM #2

as victoria said you may get the name smith... if you're a real good smith and carpenter... if you're a real good carpenter or even daemonbane or something like that... if you're a crazy mofo who decided that fighting a daemon was a good idea and made it out alive.

1/30/2017 1:54:30 AM #3

so unless I pay money to the developer, I cannot create a custom Surname and I can only gain surnames similar to common mmo's title system.

341F10

1/30/2017 2:17:16 AM #4

Posted By Lazy at 11:54 AM - Mon Jan 30 2017

so unless I pay money to the developer, I cannot create a custom Surname and I can only gain surnames similar to common mmo's title system.

Yes.

Why would they even have that as a perk for going Bloodlines otherwise.

"Oh hey people, fork out $120 for a custom surname which you would of had anyway".

Common sense mate, common sense.

The game is designed so that a player character, which is a soul, takes over a already existing person living in the world, a person who already has a family (and thus a family name) and an independent backstory from yourself.

The custom surname that's being offered to Bloodlines+ is only possible because those are the people who are going in at Expo to set up and customise the world for the general populace coming in after Launch.

Imgur Imgur

1/30/2017 5:05:30 AM #5

@OP, if you also make significant story achievements, like say you kill that super baddy NPC boss terrorizing the county then you make also be rewarded with a new Surname as part of the story.

1/31/2017 5:29:35 AM #6

Posted By Sharielane at 1:17 PM - Mon Jan 30 2017

Posted By Lazy at 11:54 AM - Mon Jan 30 2017

Yes.

Why would they even have that as a perk for going Bloodlines otherwise.

"Oh hey people, fork out $120 for a custom surname which you would of had anyway".

Common sense mate, common sense.

The game is designed so that a player character, which is a soul, takes over a already existing person living in the world, a person who already has a family (and thus a family name) and an independent backstory from yourself.

The custom surname that's being offered to Bloodlines+ is only possible because those are the people who are going in at Expo to set up and customise the world for the general populace coming in after Launch.

I did use common sense, I was wondering if you could earn it over time paying for a package is cool but I was wondering if you could earn it just like you can apparently earn royalty which you can just buy anyway...... there's nothing stupid about that.

341F10

1/31/2017 6:23:50 AM #7

As Victoria Rachel has stated there will be plenty of opportunities to get a cool surname, be it through deed, ability, or reputation for those under the $120 Bloodline tier. Those above this pledge should have the opportunity to select a 'custom' surname. Also remember you can take over a family as a parent when you play as a NPC and you can also marry into a family to get the family surname.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

1/31/2017 6:39:36 AM #8

Rewards like Phoenix pets, novelty shrines, glowing pines, custom names and coats of arms etc are primarily intended to be a thank you for backing the game and helping it to fruition. They aren't things that have significant bearing on your play experience though.

Other rewards such as titles, ranks and assets can be earnt and lost freely. You might start as a peasant and a few years from now be king.

1/31/2017 8:49:05 PM #9

mmmmh I must also say that unless you start as a ward you will have a surname, when joining the game as a normal character and not a ward you pick a family and who you want to play in that family you'll have their surname the difference between you and bloodline is that you can't customise it. also worth to note you won't get a ''custom'' surname you won't get to customize it from what we have been told you'll be rewarded a surname that fits with the deed you accomplished/the profession you mastered/your reputation etc.

so it depends what you meant by gaining a custom surname