COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
RP Tavern (Forum post): The Rooster and Kitten

OOC Note: Hey everyone, I'm new on the forum, and wanted to see how many were interested in Roleplay for when CoE Comes out. I'm a huge fan of the games concept and the mechanics they are introducing. I don't know if there already is an IC tavern on the forum for Roleplayers, but yeah, this is one of the things I'd like make with the character I make when I get CoE. Enjoy your stay at my tavern, and have fun. Meet other Roleplayers, and make contacts for when we all can log in and meet face to face.

IC introduction:

A big man with a round belly and muscular arm, stands behind the bar at western wall, he waves you over to him, as he sees you walk inside. On closer inspection his almost bald, except for the curling orange lock of hair by the edge of his forhead. His clothes are stained with dirth, ale and food splashes, but otherwise clean.

"Welcome, friend! To the Rooster and Kitten.

Get your thirst quenched and belly filled at the bar, and warm your warry feet at the hearth. Tell a story, play a song, or join your fellow adventures in a game of cards, the bar is open all day and night long.

What, Who's the owner of this establishment? Can't tell you, he likes to remain anonymous. But hey, he pays for the establishment to serve its patreons needs.

There's ale, mead and wine for drinking. Water if your sheepish. There's salted meat, cheese and bread for food, even some porridge with wildberries if you like.

Just follow the rules and you'll be fine. Don't break the funiture, no fighting that can harm the interior actually. If people complain about your behavior you'll be getting a time out. Got it?

GOOD! Then take a peak around!"

The Rooster and Kitten is a cozy spacious tavern. The wooden furniture is of various designs, some are cushined others are hard wood. On the stone walls hangs lush crimson colored tapetries, with golden, embroideries of a Kitten riding the back of rooster, in between the stained glass windows. The warm hearth at the norhtern wall of the tavern, illuminates a large portion of the tavern in warm dim light, while bringing warmth to the tavern as well. A staircase up to the second floor and sleeping quarters rests at the eastern wall.

1/30/2017 3:08:53 PM #1

A cloaked man walks into the room, clad in shabby skins and boiled leather. As he pulls down his hood, he reveals a plain face, with blond shaggy hair and a beard that's not been trimmed for too long. With heavy bags under his pale green eyes, he appears unaware of his surroundings and mutters something silently to himself as he approaches the counter. "Oh.. fair evening, Sir." he greets the big bellied bartender, "Some ale would serve me well, aye, a nice mug of ale." The man removes a silver coin from his pocket and places it before him. "Strongest one you've got, if you'd be so kind."

1/30/2017 3:33:36 PM #2

The Bartender looks at the Blond man. with broad toothy smile. "One mug of Ale comin' right up sir!" He reaches beneath the counter and takes out a large metal mug and places it under the barrel standing next to him. He starts tapping the ale as speaks up with his booming hoars voice. "You're new here, aren't you? What brings your travels here, friend?" He stops tapping and turns around. A bit of the Ale spills over his hand, as he turns, placing the mug infront of the Blond man.

1/30/2017 3:58:22 PM #3

The man's eyes study the bartender for a while, before deciding to speak up. "New.. oh, aye.. new and unknown." He stares off into the mug for a while, as it is placed before him, only to shift his attention back to the barkeep, "Pray forgive me, good Sir. I'm weary from the road. Aye, I left my old village. Not much left for me there, oh no.." He'd lift up his mug, taking one large gulp after the other, 'till the ale starts slowly dripping from his chin. When putting it down, he sighs, "good to finally be here though, oh yes. Bought a cottage few leagues south of here."

1/31/2017 9:42:06 AM #4

The Bartender raises a brow. "Is that so? Well I don't know of where you came from, but around these parts, it's as good as any place to get a new start. Just like old Rogers, old man of the Army in some distance land. Deserted after his comrades betrayed him. Now he got wife and four kids running around in the city." The Bartender smiles broadly, as he starts to pulish some of the empty mugs. "A cottage though? Sure can be windy here, and we have some ravenous animals that has gone after the livestock lately. So keep safe out there alright?" The Bartender looks at the blond man, thoughtfully.

1/31/2017 3:14:35 PM #5

"Rogers," rasps the man, "oh, aye.. old Rogers of the Army, found good fortune and tranquility, away from a war torn land." he grins at that, and combs over a strand of hair with his hand. "Mayhaps I'll find the same? If the Qin above will it. But you needn't worry 'bout me, Sir, oh no. I believe Ao's light has truly blessed me on this journey of mine." He offers the bartender a polite smile, and continues sipping on his ale.

1/31/2017 3:56:53 PM #6

The Bartender lets out a deep chuckle. "Harhar! Yes, perhaps you will, sir. But why do you think your journey has been blessed I wonder? What's your story?" He turns his back on the last words, and puts the polished mugs back to the self, reaching. He then bends down in his knees slightly, taking out a plate of cheese and berries. He turns about to place the plate in front of the Blond man. "On the house, tell me your story, why don't ya?" He smiles, taking a piece of cheese stuffing it in his mouth before leaning slightly onto the desk, looking at the Blond man.

1/31/2017 4:22:14 PM #7

The man grimaces. His pale green eyes are regarding the bartender, bright with the flicker of candlelight. "Hmm, most of us have a story.. oh, aye.. an unwritten tale. Yet I believe mine is of no relevance to anyone, good Sir. I'm a simple mann. A carpenter by trade. Might set up shop 'round these parts, and I know the divines will surely bless my efforts, for I've always kept faith with them." He removes a gauntlet, placing it on the desk before him, and grabs a piece of cheese. "I wish to thank you for the hospitality you've offered me," he says, nibbling on the cheese, "I'm relieved to know there's still good menn left out there."

1/31/2017 9:15:37 PM #8

The bartender stands up looking at the Blond man, he raises a hand to scratch his nose. "As you wish then. No need to share if you don't wanna." He says. He takes a berry and pops it into his mouth. Moving a hand to scratch his bare chin for a moment. "The divines has it with leading us where we are needed. Perhaps you have met many bad men, in order to truly appreciate it when you meet a good one eh?" He smiles again. He grabs an empty mug from the corner further down desk. It would be different from the others, it would be far more elaborate, and well kept. Hardly a dent in the polished metal. The Bartender cleans up the mug thoroughly, before placing it on a top shelf, with a collection of identical mugs just as well kept. All of them bearing a different sigil.

"But if you are a carpenter, then I hope I can ask for your assistance when some of the furniture in here needs replacement, heh. Hope you don't mind." He smiles, turning back to the Blond man. "Do you need a place to stay for the night by chance? or are you going straight to the cottage?"

1/31/2017 9:50:33 PM #9

The blonde man eagerly devours the cheese from the plate before him, piece by piece, paying little mind to the bartender. After a moment, he lifts his head and speaks up, "I-- I truly think that this is where I'm needed, Sir. Otherwise the powers that be would not have sent for me here," his teeth would click, "and bad menn.. oh, aye.. I've known bad menn. Avarice, malice.. I've seen the path it leads down to. The path of wickedness. Not a pretty one.. oh,no.. oh,no.." He grabs for his mug, and drinks up the remainder of its contents in one large gulp. "Ahh.. but listen to me blabber on about this. You're standing here, generous enough to offer work for a newcommer." The blonde man would stand from the cushioned wooden chair, smiling at the bartender, "I've no mind to refuse you."

He approaches the window by the western wall, gazing outside while running a hand through his hair. "I will not be staying here for that long, oh no.. time is ever so precious, wouldn't you agree? Best not let it slip away." He grins. "For now, however, some more ale would be sufficient."

2/1/2017 7:39:45 AM #10

The bartender prepares another mug of ale for the man, as he speaks in wise tone. "A man in such a hurry is either running from something, or rushing to another. Remember to stop up and look around you sometimes, friend. Otherwise you might get lost." He smiles and places the mug down for the Blond man. He takes a look behind him and yells through the doorway behind him. "Tipple! That's enough for tonight, you go home, and meet again tomorrow when the Rooster crows!" He halts fo a moment before shouting one more time "And don't forget put a lit on that barrel again!".

Skittering rush is heard out in the kitchen followed by a humbled "Y-y-ye-yes s-sir!" before a door is closed shut in there, and the sound of person running away from the establishment is heard outside. The Bartender looks to the Blond man and smiles "But aye, take a look around you, some of furniture in here are worse for wear, and will soon be needing replacement. The owner wants it to be pleasing for the customers, so he ain't skittish about payment."

2/23/2017 8:03:01 AM #11

A Young man, not barely of 22 summers walks into the bar, soaked in the newly lain rain. Though barely of average height, his chin is strong and his build tells a story of hard work and many nights travelled. The shuffling of mixed plate and leather armor can be heard as he enters the bar. As he approaches the Bartender, his face weary and tired, he studies him for a moment before laying a silver coin on the table before sputtering out "Water, please kind sir." .

"Under a spreading chestnut tree The village smithy stands: The smith, a mighty man is he, With large and sinewy hands; And the muscles of his brawny arms Are strong as iron bands."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow , The Village Blacksmith

2/25/2017 10:05:35 AM #12

Posted By Xanderill at 09:03 AM - Thu Feb 23 2017

A Young man, not barely of 22 summers walks into the bar, soaked in the newly lain rain. Though barely of average height, his chin is strong and his build tells a story of hard work and many nights travelled. The shuffling of mixed plate and leather armor can be heard as he enters the bar. As he approaches the Bartender, his face weary and tired, he studies him for a moment before laying a silver coin on the table before sputtering out "Water, please kind sir." .

The bartender looks to the young man, He takes the silver and bites into it ones. He nods as he starts to prepare a glass and fills it water. With a chuckle he puts and answer to the request. "Water? Heh, seems like you've already had your share in this weather." The bartender places the glass infront of the young man. With a smile. "Care to have something to eat as well?"

2/26/2017 10:26:06 PM #13

"Thank you ser, but that is something I've had plenty of for today. Ran into a villager on the way here, gave me some bread and a bunch of apples and pointe me here." He stares at the ring on his finger, pure gold with a dark green jewel. Engraved on the jewel is a symbol of a dragon holding a shield in front of it. The young man shuffles through his bag in search of something, and before long, pulls out a letter with a large wax seal on it, seemingly foreign from the looks of it. "Do you know anything about this seal?" The seal is of two snakes wrapped around one another in a knot similar to that of the Celts.

"Under a spreading chestnut tree The village smithy stands: The smith, a mighty man is he, With large and sinewy hands; And the muscles of his brawny arms Are strong as iron bands."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow , The Village Blacksmith

2/27/2017 2:50:31 PM #14

A black robed and hooded man enters the Rooster and Kitten. A silver blade etched with golden runes is sheathed to his side. Lowering his hood to reveal dirty blond hair and blazing blue eyes, he sits at the counter.

"A glass of rum for me, please," He asks in a near exhausted tone. "And I'll pay for my waterskin to be filled."

- Shmuck

2/28/2017 5:49:48 PM #15

Posted By Xanderill at 11:26 PM - Sun Feb 26 2017

"Thank you ser, but that is something I've had plenty of for today. Ran into a villager on the way here, gave me some bread and a bunch of apples and pointe me here." He stares at the ring on his finger, pure gold with a dark green jewel. Engraved on the jewel is a symbol of a dragon holding a shield in front of it. The young man shuffles through his bag in search of something, and before long, pulls out a letter with a large wax seal on it, seemingly foreign from the looks of it. "Do you know anything about this seal?" The seal is of two snakes wrapped around one another in a knot similar to that of the Celts.

scowls at the seal for a moment, he snorts slightly taking a used mug starting to polish it with the cloth in his other hand. "Hrmm, can't tell... I see a lot of seals in these parts. Why and who asks?" He turns his head as the door opens to the tavern and a stranger enters -

Posted By TheGuardian at 3:50 PM - Mon Feb 27 2017

A black robed and hooded man enters the Rooster and Kitten. A silver blade etched with golden runes is sheathed to his side. Lowering his hood to reveal dirty blond hair and blazing blue eyes, he sits at the counter.

"A glass of rum for me, please," He asks in a near exhausted tone. "And I'll pay for my waterskin to be filled."

• Raises the brow at the exhausted Blond man. He takes the freshly cleaned and polished mug and leads it under the barstand. The sound of liquid pouring into the mug for a moment before stopping with a few drips. He places the mug in front of the newcomer. "Welcome to the Rooster and Kitten stranger, mighty fine blade you got sheathed there. Let's keep it sheathed like that, right? It will seven silver for a refill of your waterskin. It's the cleanest water in area." He glances back at the Young man he talked to before, then returns his attention to the blond. "Running from the rain outside?"