COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Barding

Will bards be able to play music scrolls based on things like mml and ABC notation similar to the likes of starbound and mabinogi where custom music is created. you can't really troll with these settings either if you limit things for example mabinogi had a note limit so you couldn't just convert black midi and lag everything while starbound you could, the only problem I did find was I could make an ear-piercing noise with a combination of values and a flute but to be fair unless some arse hole releases it we should be fine plus if someone where to they would be shunned ig :p.

341F10

2/1/2017 2:56:15 PM #1

We're not really sure what kind of system they're going to use for music as this is one of the skills least fleshed out atm (along with the rest of the bardic tree and deviant tree) as it will not be in the playable demo last we heard. However, we've been told that we will be able to compose our own music. This may be in game, or involve importing via midi files or the like. We're also not sure how playing instruments will work; if it'll be guitar hero like, random buttons etc. All that we do know can be found here with links to any sources.

I can't say that I know what systems are like in other games though as I never wanted to play a bard character before as I've always been kinda scared of the music systems in games not doing the music justice. I'm hoping that however SBS choose to implement a music system in this game though, that I don't go regretting my choice. Trust me, if I don't like the system I'm getting away from it very quickly and will do something else :D

2/4/2017 3:41:50 AM #2

Posted By Nimueh at 01:56 AM - Thu Feb 02 2017

We're not really sure what kind of system they're going to use for music as this is one of the skills least fleshed out atm (along with the rest of the bardic tree and deviant tree) as it will not be in the playable demo last we heard. However, we've been told that we will be able to compose our own music. This may be in game, or involve importing via midi files or the like. We're also not sure how playing instruments will work; if it'll be guitar hero like, random buttons etc. All that we do know can be found here with links to any sources.

I can't say that I know what systems are like in other games though as I never wanted to play a bard character before as I've always been kinda scared of the music systems in games not doing the music justice. I'm hoping that however SBS choose to implement a music system in this game though, that I don't go regretting my choice. Trust me, if I don't like the system I'm getting away from it very quickly and will do something else :D

thanks a bunch i'm checking the link now

341F10

2/4/2017 4:40:15 AM #3

I've never played a Bard but now very interested in trying it in CoE. In the Bardic skill description it includes "Performing music to embolden their allies". So I'm really looking forward to discovering the different musical buffs I can use. If anyone got any info let me know.

Count Cartagia Vintari- Duchy of Vitalis