COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Question about souls and player identification

So, I've been thinking a lot about the kind of character(s) I would like to play, and have come across a question that I haven't seen asked. Each person/account has access to 3 unique souls, which I am assuming are available for simultaneous play as long as you're willing to use sparks for each of them. Will there be a way, in-game or off-game, for other players to connect a particular soul/character to your account or your other characters? If I were to play a trader/craftsman as one character, and a thief as another, would other players have some way of connecting the two characters, and therefore shun or punish my lawful character for the other's unlawful behavior?

I think I am more excited for this game than I ever thought possible. This is probably going to ruin my life, and I am okay with that!

2/3/2017 12:44:50 AM #1

When it comes to the punishment, I don't believe so. Unless, your unlawful character has the same surname, and by his actions he tarnishes it, they wouldn't affect each other.

2/3/2017 1:35:06 AM #2

Ah okay, that was my hope. I mean, I know the official punishment wouldn't carry over, but an aggravated populace might scorn the shop of my quite separate trader. But I would think the characters are entirely unable to be connected unless you actively tell somebody, just thought i would try to verify.

I think I am more excited for this game than I ever thought possible. This is probably going to ruin my life, and I am okay with that!

2/3/2017 1:56:54 AM #3

Keep in mind that your character/soul never really logs out, so they will continue to be active in the world as you play a second character. So, unless they carry the same last name or are from the same noble house, I doubt there will anyway to connect the two.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/3/2017 2:15:49 AM #4

@Sullen Good point! I suppose the question hasn't been asked before because everyone just naturally assumed what I was putting too much thought into. Either way, glad to have my fears soothed. Wouldn't want my very invested and upstanding craftsman to be sullied because I happen to sometimes play a pickpocket.

2/3/2017 2:51:28 AM #5

To Be Honest, I too will be playing more than one soul at a time, err, will have more than one active soul. I fear trying to claw my way back from a soiled reputation may be harder than you think, so I will keep the seedy side of my affairs separate from my main character.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/3/2017 2:58:58 AM #6

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply my upstanding citizen would sometimes dally in more devious pursuits. I'm going to keep the two on opposite ends of a very large chasm. No interaction or shared contacts between characters. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only person considering pursuing multiple... lifestyles.

2/5/2017 3:26:32 PM #7

soo in theory you could steal using your thieves soul from your trader.... no one would ever know your related after that... your trader could create a formal business that doubles as an underground black market and nobody would know...

2/5/2017 11:08:02 PM #8

This makes me wonder if it is possible to be running two clients off the same IP? They may limit this for exploit reasons.

2/6/2017 12:31:18 AM #9

What I have been told is you Can run two clients at the same time, as an example Husband/Wife that purchased the Carriage For Two tier. If you only use a single client, you Can interact with your OPC but it will only be scripted. If you want full control of two characters you will need to be running two clients. Now I don't know if they can be run off the same computer or if they need a different address so I guess we will see as time goes on.

Stealing from yourself is an interesting situation. You can fail and fail and not get reported for a crime, increasing your stealing skill as you go. That situation would definitely be interesting to dive deeper into.

2/6/2017 2:49:43 AM #10

Posted By Sullen at 6:31 PM - Sun Feb 05 2017

What I have been told is you Can run two clients at the same time, as an example Husband/Wife that purchased the Carriage For Two tier. If you only use a single client, you Can interact with your OPC but it will only be scripted. If you want full control of two characters you will need to be running two clients. Now I don't know if they can be run off the same computer or if they need a different address so I guess we will see as time goes on.

Stealing from yourself is an interesting situation. You can fail and fail and not get reported for a crime, increasing your stealing skill as you go. That situation would definitely be interesting to dive deeper into.

Assuming your merchant character doesn't mention the stealing to someone while in opc mode. Or run to the sherrif like I would expect them to. Or attack your theif forcing you to battle yourself

2/8/2017 5:58:14 AM #11

O.o, good point, I didn't even think of OPC reaction