COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Would it be possible?

If Two people were to die around the same time would it be possible for them to almost be "mixed up" in the soul plane and show up in each others bodies, i guess what i mean by this isn't rather would it be possible but could it be a plot point like what if the king just showed up in some random persons body what would be the result. it would enable the ability to have some form of catastrophe as a result.

2/16/2017 2:34:10 AM #1

I hope not, as then people dying at the same time in huge battles would wake up in other people's bodies, which would be a bit too common. Maybe if it was extremely rare, but even then, I still wouldn't want it.

2/17/2017 7:35:29 AM #2

I mostly mean as a one time thing as a plot point now that i think about it more thoroughly like a plot point of the king being a pesant idk i can understand that

2/17/2017 11:03:10 AM #3

What if you died perma death and something else came back in your body :D.

Not someone else, something else. Wouldn't last long as you'd probably be back in your next reincarnated form yourself, to raise the alarm, but that's a sneaky plot device.

If that's not you who is it!

Or could evil players collect these final resting corpses, might be a valuable find for a necromancer, not that such things exist of course...

Friend Code: 699036

2/17/2017 1:19:54 PM #4

I doubt it. Your body and spirit are really just coe's take on the Rez mechanic of other mmos.

In your example someone who literally paid 10k would get screwed out of their pledge and someone who didn't pay a dime would be king. Not much of a reward for someone who backed at that level.

I'm going to say not possible and not fun for the king or for those who follow him.

2/17/2017 1:38:21 PM #5

It would be a little unfair to the people who paid 10.000 dollars to be a king. But good idea for something else maybe.

2/17/2017 1:46:13 PM #6

In general, would be game breaking, a mass exploit and really suck.

Just no...

2/17/2017 3:04:13 PM #7

Im going to reincarnated from a dog. I will have deja vu of everywhere i urinated

2/19/2017 3:23:13 PM #8

How about this......TEMPORARY body-switch/steal

Requirements:

1)both players have to die at the exact same time with rng involved. Perhaps only caused from a magical death. Such as say dragon fire. Or dying in a specific place at a specific time....say a magical sacrifice alter during a rare blood moon in addition to performing a complicated ceremony?

2)when both players are doing their spirit walk they can run in to each-other, and if one player makes it to the enemy players body first he will take control of that players body. This will then immediately force the other player in to the other body. However if you try and steal a players body you will risk perma-death if you fail, as you would then have to find your body fast after wasting time trying to steal another players body. It would also be very difficult as you would probably start in random locations in the spirit walk...wasting time searching for the other players soul and their body might just kill you..

3) lasts 1 day to 1 week real time based on rng. or when one of the swapped players kills the other the switch ends.

Players have control over any assets or power the characters have. However they will not know about this as the character they embody will be a stranger to them.

Enough time to do a whole lot of damage. Not sure it will work with kings and such because of communities communicating via discord and offline texts: "my body has been hijacked! Arrest me! Stop me!" And so on. Although then again....who can disobey a king?....even if he has gone mad. Npc's can't ;)

Not to say I would want this....but it might be cool to have a magical alter out there somewhere with this power.....would give a good reason to kidnap a king ;)