COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Music System

Hello,

i read, that there will be a music system in CoE, that will be similar as in lotro. We can use our keyboard to play music and record the music.

But the rly big question is, will it be possible, to play synchronosly with other players? In lotro there was a sync function and it was amaizing. Without a sync function, it will be nearly impossible to play synchron, because of ping and so on.

I have plenty of expirience in Music, Notation and so on, and i want to create a band ingame and eventually an orchestra if the game moves on.

I have many ideas about it. But it will be not possible, if there will be no sync function ;)

Are there any informations about what music instruments will be in game at the beginning?

v.G. Triggsy

2/16/2017 3:52:11 PM #1

Welcome!

It's good to see more people comign along interested in music! All we know so far about the music system can be found here.

In brief though, as far we as know (and I'm not familiar with the music system with LOTRO even though I've played the game) we will be able to ply our own music into the game somehow, possibly through MIDI. I believe we'll be able to play in groups, at least I hope so as I'd like to do something similar.

If you're interested in being a musician in game though, there are two guilds currently focusing on music. There's my guild (which is EU based) and there is also a bard's guild in NA (can't find the link, sorry).

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and look forward to maybe seeing you in game :D

2/16/2017 4:26:31 PM #2

I think the big thing about music is not syncing the music but the players. Playing music is skill based. If it's not your time to play I'm sure you would be sitting there waiting. The skill challenge is like guitar hero(at least that's the planned design).. If the music is being played from a sheet I think it would have to be written with pauses in it to sync it as a song. If you play without music, you would just have to know when to play.

2/16/2017 4:44:09 PM #3

@Nimueh Hello, thanks for the infos :) Im an EU Player too, but Im not a fan of pre release guilds in any way. But I saved youre site and eventualy i will join later, once we have more infos about the music system. :)

@Deftly I think, the guitar hero challenge will be for music that is for supporting other players or taming monsters and not for entertain other people

2/16/2017 5:10:44 PM #4

That's correct but from the information we have that would be the closest you could get to forcing player to sync music outside of players being in sync manually. I'm sure we'll get more information later.

2/26/2017 3:52:08 PM #5

Triggsy nice question! This isn't an answer to your question but a system from another game. In Archeage there's a music system and the higher your skill is the more notes and longer your sheet music can be. Then you take it and insert it into an auto running contraption that will loop it. Can be placed in your home, guild house, or business.

I look forward to seeing in game bands! Good luck and godspeed

"...When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." ~Chief Tecumseh