COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Family creation question

I have myself, my wife, and one or two sons who are very interested in playing. I thought about getting a Proprietor and then 3 Founder packages, would that allow us all to be in the same family? or would I need to get three Bloodlines packs to get everyone in? I'm not really sure how families work. The extra EP's would be nice to build both a storefront and large house on the property. Any hints or suggestions are appreciated in advance. Maybe we all buy Settler package and make our own hamlet with 4 different families??

2/21/2017 9:59:54 PM #1

getting 3 bloodlines would mean you each get to make your own family, you should only get 1-2 bloodlines + tiers, one for you and your wife.

You both get your own family and family name, you guys are also both in exposition (3 month early access world building phase). During this phase you and your wife could marry one another conjoining your families and have children through contract, this would allow you to have kids so by the time of official launch you will be on your way to allowing your actual(IRL) kids take over you and your wifes NPC children.

i do suggest locking your family so nobody takes over your npc kids, you can lock and give a code to your actual kids to allow them access to the family npcs.

Alt text - can be left blank

2/21/2017 10:05:01 PM #2

Posted By StrawHat at 9:59 PM - Tue Feb 21 2017

getting 3 bloodlines would mean you each get to make your own family, you should only get 1-2 bloodlines + tiers, one for you and your wife.

You both get your own family and family name, you guys are also both in exposition (3 month early access world building phase). During this phase you and your wife could marry one another conjoining your families and have children through contract, this would allow you to have kids so by the time of official launch you will be on your way to allowing your actual(IRL) kids take over you and your wifes NPC children.

i do suggest locking your family so nobody takes over your npc kids, you can lock and give a code to your actual kids to allow them access to the family npcs.

linking to this what if you are a ward of the state will you be able to create a family from scratch?

2/21/2017 10:09:50 PM #3

Posted By StrawHat at 11:59 PM - Tue Feb 21 2017

What is this? Do you mean anyone could start playing someone's npc kids without concent? Those possible kids are supposed to be there for my next spark of life, aren't they?

2/21/2017 10:22:11 PM #4

Posted By Kurko at 2:09 PM - Tue Feb 21 2017

Posted By StrawHat at 11:59 PM - Tue Feb 21 2017

What is this? Do you mean anyone could start playing someone's npc kids without concent? Those possible kids are supposed to be there for my next spark of life, aren't they?

There is the option of not locking your family so that new players can join the game and join your family, there is however the option to lock your family so only you or people you give a code to can take them over.

2/21/2017 10:29:17 PM #5

Posted By CheshireCatt24 at 2:05 PM - Tue Feb 21 2017

linking to this what if you are a ward of the state will you be able to create a family from scratch?

I think at that point your option is to join a family. I know some people may be rewarded family names for things of significance, for example, a great blacksmith of no family name may be rewarded the family name of Smith. still waiting for more details on things like this, creating your own family if you dont have one may also be linked to how famous your character becomes, at the very least it would allow you to marry a equally famous NPC, allowing you to obtain their family name. this isnt 100% we still need more info on this aspect i believe.

Sorry i wrote this fast im running late to class, haha.

2/21/2017 10:30:26 PM #6

Posted By CheshireCatt24 at 4:05 PM - Tue Feb 21 2017

No by definition a ward has no family. You would not be able to have others join from the outset.

However once you are married you could start a house but you would not get to pick the surname. Nor would anyone be able to join till your children are 15. The family name would end up either being the name of your spouse or whatever name you were given as a ward. Anyone joining would end up as your child and couldn't be your sibling.

2/21/2017 10:37:54 PM #7

Well, we all want to be there for beta, and for exposition. I'm just looking for scenarios and ideas on how to structure our initial buying to maximize the benefit to our 'family' without overdoing it. Open land with no buildings on it can still be used for harvesting of natural resources like lumber or stone, right? So if we started with 3 or 4 parcels of land but used exposition points focusing on only one parcel for building, would the others be a waste?

2/21/2017 10:48:38 PM #8

@Jyeadon Keep in mind that you won't really be able to construct a house alone (very efficiently that is)

CoE is putting a lot of weight on the need to interact with people, the multiplayer aspect so to say, so you might need an architect, a carpenter, a mason, a miner (materials) lumberjack (wood) glass blower, Smith, etc. Probably also someone to transport all the resources.

If you want to choose your surname, pledging the bloodline tier might be wisest, but else you don't really need to pledge too much. Starting out as a ward with you and your wife, then going together and marry, and then getting a few children to call your own.

Do remember that even though you could get 3-4 parcels of land with exposition points the count etc. might still want you to pay tax for them.

2/21/2017 10:58:29 PM #9

Posted By Liva at 10:48 PM - Tue Feb 21 2017

@Jyeadon Keep in mind that you won't really be able to construct a house alone (very efficiently that is)

CoE is putting a lot of weight on the need to interact with people, the multiplayer aspect so to say, so you might need an architect, a carpenter, a mason, a miner (materials) lumberjack (wood) glass blower, Smith, etc. Probably also someone to transport all the resources.

If you want to choose your surname, pledging the bloodline tier might be wisest, but else you don't really need to pledge too much. Starting out as a ward with you and your wife, then going together and marry, and then getting a few children to call your own.

Do remember that even though you could get 3-4 parcels of land with exposition points the count etc. might still want you to pay tax for them.

Depends how heavily you want to develop them and what your plans are, but many counts take the same view as me that the odd EP plot is a welcome thing ;)

2/21/2017 11:03:05 PM #10

Posted By CheshireCatt24 at 5:05 PM - Tue Feb 21 2017

What you can do is have your friend also be a ward of the state, and you two can marry each other right off the bat.

2/21/2017 11:05:45 PM #11

So spending the EP on a small commercial just gets you the blueprint then, I had thought that buildings purchased would be preset in the settlements already established. Thats what I took from the Settlement Q&A anyway.

2/21/2017 11:16:06 PM #12

The buildings purchased with EP are prefab. No construction required.

2/21/2017 11:28:14 PM #13

That's what I was hoping. We could get a large house, storefront, and crafting station all in one place for the whole family to use.

2/22/2017 12:52:56 AM #14

Yes, but the location you put it on may be taken already, and so this pre-fab structure might have to be put outside the current city, on uninhabited land that you own

This should all be covered thursday