COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Helping

Are there anyways that we as players can help with the game? I want this game to exist but it feels like a large challenge.

The only things i can think of from the top of my head were stars to add to a starmap. And story ideas though I have no idea what stage they are at with stuff so perhaps needs have changed.

2/22/2017 5:47:20 PM #1

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but the best way we can help them is to order a pledge package. What they need at this point are funds to hire full-time employees to help with the programming, animation, etc.

2/23/2017 9:04:14 AM #2

A free way to help is to promote the game to friends and family, and strangers over social media. Retweet, post in forums, get on Facebook, throw it at tumblr.....

Every positive bit of media and hype helps, since it could attract someone with the ability to purchase a package.

And, as Teland said above, you can support the game by getting a pledge package.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

2/23/2017 11:16:34 AM #3

let the hype consume you, become one with the hype, read all the developer journals and find out everything there is to know about the game then spread it like the plague, also pledging helps. i did my bit. nearly 800$ Canadian lol

2/23/2017 3:30:06 PM #4

:( I can only help by paying someone else to help. Regardless of what i do or who I know.

Of course will be showing friends etc, though I think I will wait till there is a little more of the game for some of them.

I reckon there would be some tedious things that could use help in such a large game. But I guess they are unknowable. I'd try just inventing star constellations, But I dont know what kind of style they have for their stars.

2/23/2017 3:33:23 PM #5

Too bad unfortunately spending money on my PC will mean more to my enjoyment of the game than the pledge packages.

2/23/2017 5:20:31 PM #6

The constellations are going to be named by people who pledged the Astronomer tier or higher. The starmap will be designed by the studio. Ideas are generally free, but any actual assets used in-game created by the fanbase more than likely won't/can't be used due to liability and legal concerns. Your enthusiasm is appreciated though!

2/23/2017 6:07:45 PM #7

In one of the videos Caspian said that they would accept things about stars because its alot to fill a galaxy.

I guess it is in the Design experience video lol so im not sure, make sense if I cant if people are pledging for it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyUoBYxZBus at 12:50

Though personally I dont care about naming a constellation or even having one attributed to me. I just want the game to be more cool.

2/26/2017 2:08:43 PM #8

best way to help out is to join a guild or community and help them out in any way you can, even if it's just by being active within their community. This is because the more of a community that CoE has, the better gaming experience it will be once it's released. Plus it just saves you looking at the forums and waiting for updates ;)