COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Character weight limit, inventory space?

Was looking around and have not seen any info on weight/inventory limit..

Anyone seen any info on this?

Thanks!

Wanderer, explorer, Dread Knight of the fallen Hedgehog.

2/24/2017 1:56:46 AM #1

Nope

2/24/2017 2:49:35 AM #2

Picture what you yourself could carry around in your hands and in a backpack. That's your limit.

2/24/2017 3:12:15 AM #3

I saw it on one of the dev posts as well as in one of the previous Q\A.

how much weight will depend on the strength of your character.

inventory will depend on what you have on you. Does your clothes have pockets? Do you have belt pouches? Do you have a backpack, Does your boot(s) have a hidden compartment, ect

The inventory system from in terms of what those storage containers can hold from there will work logically \ realistically, you wont be able to put a sword in to a belt pouch. ect

if the bag is the size of the fist, it wont hold more than a fist worth of stuff.

EDIT: your tailor will need sufficient skill to add attach points to your belts so that you can have scabbards, holsters, pouches, coin purses, ect hanging off of it.

or to make hidden compartments in clothing or even just regular pockets

2/24/2017 4:48:15 PM #4

Posted By Blankwindow at 9:12 PM - Thu Feb 23 2017

I saw it on one of the dev posts as well as in one of the previous Q\A.

how much weight will depend on the strength of your character.

inventory will depend on what you have on you. Does your clothes have pockets? Do you have belt pouches? Do you have a backpack, Does your boot(s) have a hidden compartment, ect

The inventory system from in terms of what those storage containers can hold from there will work logically \ realistically, you wont be able to put a sword in to a belt pouch. ect

if the bag is the size of the fist, it wont hold more than a fist worth of stuff.

EDIT: your tailor will need sufficient skill to add attach points to your belts so that you can have scabbards, holsters, pouches, coin purses, ect hanging off of it.

or to make hidden compartments in clothing or even just regular pockets

More points to hide or attach something are good and all,but if your character hasn't spent a lifetime hauling heavy items to build muscle you still won't be able to walk around with a bunch of extra equipment or coin on you without tiring quickly (if you can move at all). A small lanky stealthy character will have little carrying capacity compared to a large stone mason or large armored warrior.

2/24/2017 5:28:05 PM #5

Thought I covered that with my second sentence?

"how much weight will depend on the strength of your character"

2/24/2017 5:33:48 PM #6

Posted By Blankwindow at 11:28 AM - Fri Feb 24 2017

Some people in this community need the extra info that Kaynadin has provided.. Probably some fish in their diet also..

Friend code: 172B2A

2/24/2017 7:22:13 PM #7

Posted By Kab at 11:33 AM - Fri Feb 24 2017

Posted By Blankwindow at 11:28 AM - Fri Feb 24 2017

Some people in this community need the extra info that Kaynadin has provided.. Probably some fish in their diet also..

And I seemingly need to read and answer posts while more stationary not while walking around at lunch. Totally missed that sentence. Carry on.

2/24/2017 8:19:48 PM #8

So basically you need a tailor who can craft you a good belt, in case your pockets become to filled with gold coin :)

2/25/2017 12:27:43 AM #9

Hmm...

Can you also hide small valuable packages (gems, or some gold dust packed in small bags) inside your bodily openings? :D

You know so when you get killed, there is a chance your most valued (small) items aren't looted.

2/25/2017 10:23:01 PM #10

0.0 Carrying stuff in errrrr openings I hope will not be a thing lol!

Wanderer, explorer, Dread Knight of the fallen Hedgehog.

2/28/2017 3:16:54 PM #11

pretty sure it will not be a thing...because then you would have to build in the mechanic to search for said items...and we don't want to have fully animated body cavity searches...programmers have more important features to be developing...there is realism and there is too much realism...best to go with if you can carry it, you can also lose it...so leave it at home or in your local bank, if one exists, before you go a wandering.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

2/28/2017 4:01:43 PM #12

I hope for a good balance of secure storage in homes and banks, as well as pockets, bags, and so on. I do like the idea of a realistic carry limit, though it'll be an adjustment after playing things like Skyrim, TESO, SWTOR, and other games where its just slots. But, I have played things like The Long Dark which have great immersion for weight. That gives it an extra level of awesome depth and realism.

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

2/28/2017 4:56:34 PM #13

Posted By Kitlandria at 10:01 AM - Tue Feb 28 2017

I hope for a good balance of secure storage in homes and banks, as well as pockets, bags, and so on. I do like the idea of a realistic carry limit, though it'll be an adjustment after playing things like Skyrim, TESO, SWTOR, and other games where its just slots. But, I have played things like The Long Dark which have great immersion for weight. That gives it an extra level of awesome depth and realism.

Banks and houses are more safe, but I'd expect there to be burglars and bank robbers in game so nothing is ever truly safe. Just safer.

If they implement digging and burying well that would probably be the safest way to hide things. A random place underground in the woods.

2/28/2017 5:30:10 PM #14

Posted By Kitlandria at 11:01 AM - Tue Feb 28 2017

We will be able to design structures. This means that for enterprising crazies like myself...I can create vaults hidden within or beneath a structure, built of the sturdiest materials I can find and defended by creative traps.

That is likely how banks will work. Players will build a vault system underground (protected from siege weapons), and defended against intrusion by locks and traps...then they will rent out space in the vaults for players to store their valuables.

Of course, as Kaynadin said...you can go with the traditional Medieval era method of keeping something safe and bury it in a random hole somewhere on your property. (They ARE implementing Dig/Bury...they announced that in a DJ a bit ago).

But yes...Kaynadin definitely has the right idea. There is no such thing as a totally secure storage space. It will always be possible for someone to get in...the goal is simply to make it as difficult as possible: just like it is IRL.

Knowing what I can do isn’t the same thing as knowing what I can’t do.

2/28/2017 5:35:36 PM #15

Lol.. that in mind, any EU tailors looking for a home? :) If you have a small interest in deviant skills too I have more work lol