COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Russian community/Русское сообщество

Ever wanted to apologize for the English curve. Blame Google translator)

A question arose... any advertising in Russia did not exist? I have studied all the information available about the game in Russian and it is AMAZING!!! How it happened that in Russia about it or what not heard? I accidentally found out about the game... No clans in the Russian-speaking communities on the strength of 500 people... so what? It is necessary to expect the localization of the game in Russian? Personally, I was thinking to buy one of the sets, but to be one of the thousands of Russian among million English-speaking players... I don't know where to ask, honestly. For this I ask here... What are the plans of the developers on Russia? I think no one care about this issue... If you take the example of other MMOs where for a year or two before the game was going at least 10-15 clans and tens of thousands wanting to play... There is no any activity. As you can see on the forum the great interest of the European community but Russian clans in General no... an Ambitious project with a huge number of interesting and important NEW content which has not yet been any where... so what? What will then work to is games in Russia and do you plan to localize? And that information on this at all nor any...

Ну и на русском на всякий... Такой вопрос возник... Какой либо рекламы в России вообще не было? Я изучил всю доступную информацию о игре на русском языке и она ПОТРЯСАЮЩАЯ!!! Как так вышло что в России о ней ни чего не слышали? Я сам случайно узнал об игре... Нет кланов, в русскоязычных сообществах от силы 500 человек... Как так то? Стоит вообще ожидать локализации игры на русском? Лично я думал приобрести один из наборов но быть одним из тысячи русских среди миллиона англоязычных игроков... Я не знаю где спросить, честно. По этому спрошу здесь... Какие планы у разработчиков на Россию? Думаю ни меня одного этот вопрос волнует... Если брать в пример другие ММО где за год-два до выхода игры собиралось как минимум 10-15 кланов и несколько десятков тысяч желающих играть... Тут ни какой активности. Как видно по форуму большой интерес проявляет европейское комьюнити но русских кланов вообще ни одного... Амбициозный проект с огромным количеством интересного и главное НОВОГО контента которого ещё не было ни где... Как так то? Будет какая то работа по рекламе игры в России и планируется ли локализация? А то информации по этому вообще ни какой...

2/25/2017 8:42:20 AM #1

So trying to understand what you are saying. This game is in pre-alpha. There is no millions of people all up. I'm not sure on the back numbers or people interested overall. Even most groups aren't huge either. I'm apart of a pretty big duchy that all up hasn't broken 100 people. So looking around for a Russian group/clan that is 500 strong. Besides the why does it need to be that many? I'm not really up on EU server in general, to give you any sort of an answer of how many Russians there are.

There are a few different kingdoms on EU either way. I know they have some communities within them that don't speak English. Maybe one of them can reply if there is a group of Russians or not.

Not sure if you are asking for your own Russian server, since without the numbers, that won't happen anyway.

Which either way this game won't be massive. Which is fine, it's a niche game that not everyone will be into. Be better to join some of the EU discords channels, talk to them to see if you like them, there are other Russians around.

2/25/2017 9:10:04 AM #2

There are some Russian speakers in the EU server in the Kingdom of Tryggr ;)

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/9507/eu-kingdom-of-tryggr

Visit the link above then click the discord link. They should be able to tell you who to speak to :)

If you're happy with something like a Siberian mountain range in the background, that's the environment they are looking for as vikings.

I expect subscriber numbers will increase dramatically at launch, and server numbers will probably have to be increased, or scaled up with new continents etc.

At present, 4 servers are planned, supporting 100k players each.

They aren't advertising much yet as the game is still pre alpha.

2/25/2017 9:17:39 AM #3

Posted By Gunnlang at 11:42 AM - Sat Feb 25 2017

So trying to understand what you are saying. This game is in pre-alpha. There is no millions of people all up. I'm not sure on the back numbers or people interested overall. Even most groups aren't huge either. I'm apart of a pretty big duchy that all up hasn't broken 100 people. So looking around for a Russian group/clan that is 500 strong. Besides the why does it need to be that many? I'm not really up on EU server in general, to give you any sort of an answer of how many Russians there are.

There are a few different kingdoms on EU either way. I know they have some communities within them that don't speak English. Maybe one of them can reply if there is a group of Russians or not.

Not sure if you are asking for your own Russian server, since without the numbers, that won't happen anyway.

Which either way this game won't be massive. Which is fine, it's a niche game that not everyone will be into. Be better to join some of the EU discords channels, talk to them to see if you like them, there are other Russians around.

I mean not a clan of 500 people and the community. The largest community on the VK site (like Facebook but in Russian) or to call another group makes a total of 500 people. When viewed as a whole for all groups on this site interested in playing people they are not more than 1000. Clans no none at all. And then to look at the topic of only one clan there are more than a thousand views... we Have a fan site but judging from the forum where the total number of messages... all 59. 59 pathetic messages on the only Russian website on the game. I understand that the game is in its pre-alpha stage but if you compare the interest of Europe and Russia... All very sad. The developers to my knowledge plan to access multiple servers, each for any nation and maybe a few for one. And plans to be online in 30 000 people on each server. Here my concern question what are the plans of developers to Russia... I really want this game. This is exactly what I wanted not one year! But the game not really knowing the language... it was already such practice... Barely gathered a clan of 30 people but... the situation is such that the entire game is closely tied to the interaction with other players and constant communication. How to communicate without knowing the language? My English is quite limited... not Enough that you do not want to sit with a translator while playing duck and even the lack of Russian players just kill the whole interest in the game. Especially that no Russian translation there is a small increase in online if not at a loss will go. Even assuming that someone can make a custom translation(it is not clear how much text will be in the game)... it won't. I very much want this game. And much would like to learn about the plans of Russia. I understand that the developers won't answer but... all of a sudden. Where else should I ask

2/25/2017 9:23:29 AM #4

Posted By оракул at 12:10 вечера - Сб 25 февраля 2017

There are some Russian speakers in the EU server in the Kingdom of Tryggr ;)

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/9507/eu-kingdom-of-tryggr

Visit the link above then click the discord link. They should be able to tell you who to speak to :)

If you're happy with something like a Siberian mountain range in the background, that's the environment they are looking for as vikings.

I expect subscriber numbers will increase dramatically at launch, and server numbers will probably have to be increased, or scaled up with new continents etc.

At present, 4 servers are planned, supporting 100k players each.

They aren't advertising much yet as the game is still pre alpha.

A handful of Russian does not correct the situation. Then you need a full community. A different play will be just not interested. Let me correct... the Online 100 000 where 70 of them NPC. Advertising is not advertising... In Europe, has already collected a few thousand players and we have... Usually all new bite like hyenas. It is strange like that. So concerned with this question.

2/25/2017 9:30:06 AM #5

Broke eyes? XD

2/25/2017 9:45:28 AM #6

Let me re-word that.

There are no big Russian communities YET. You are a pioneer :)

There WILL be Russian communities. I have been told some of Tryggr speak Russian AND english and can translate. I am already encouraging them to support a Russian community already, as I noticed you aren't well represented yet :)

I believe they plan to do as you asked above :) I have suggested they look for and advertise for other Russian speakers on the forums, and advertise the game in Russian to help build numbers :) This will help to form a good sized community.

2/25/2017 9:52:28 AM #7

Posted By оракул at 12:45 вечера - Сб 25 февраля 2017

Let me re-word that.

There WILL be Russian communities. I have been told some of Tryggr speak Russian AND english and can translate. I am already encouraging them to support a Russian community already, as I noticed you aren't well represented yet :)

I believe they plan to do as you asked above :) I have suggested they look for and advertise for other Russian speakers on the forums, and advertise the game in Russian to help build numbers :) This will help to form a good sized community.

Well... Hopefully. But it's still strange...

2/25/2017 12:41:30 PM #8

Posted By Axegamer at 09:52 AM - Sat Feb 25 2017

Posted By оракул at 12:45 вечера - Сб 25 февраля 2017

Let me re-word that.

Well... Hopefully. But it's still strange...

Not really ;) It's just not been advertised much yet. It's early days. Someone has to be the first...

Definately speak to Tryggr though. If they create a thread for Russian Language, it'll be far easier to direct new Russian speakers there. Advertise in russian a bit and you'll build up a good sized community faster ;)

2/25/2017 1:29:13 PM #9

No offense but I've noticed that what stops a lot of Russians from playing mmo if the game is not translated to Russian. I doubt there was any info on what language besides EN it will be translated, and that's not devs priority right now. However if game becomes popular among Russians communities will arise nevertheless, just maybe not as big.

Question about advertising game in Russia - that would be a question to devs, but currently they are not advertising much in any other non-english-speaking country, all the advertising comes or should come from fan sites, people who are interested in game talking about it.

I believe most people found out about the game same as you, they saw it while searing new mmo or a friend told them about it and people liked the idea about reading more about it. I can't say there's even a lot of people in total who's following and interested in this game atm, when game will have more to show, when it will be closer to alpha stage, I bet a lot of people will pick up the hype, game will get more publicity and more people will flock to it.

2/25/2017 4:13:38 PM #10

Heya, you should check us out, we already have a large Russian community : Русская версия

2/25/2017 5:06:42 PM #11

Hey, indeed we do have a Russian community already and it's constantly expanding. We are trying to provide some support in Russian for whoever is interested and usually one of our community managers dedicated to the Russians or I can answer most if not all of the questions.

Добрый вечер Axegamer! На самом деле инфо очень мало. Есть пару фан-сайтов которые поддерживают новости о игре но к сожалению очень много людей до сих пор относяться скептично. О локализаций очень мало что известно тоже пока что, команда на самом деле была довольно маленькая до недавнего момента. Все зависит от того сколько интереса будет к ней из разных стран. Пусть лучше хотя бы на одном языке доделают ;)

Если есть какие вопросы то можешь зайти на наш Дискорд, линк есть в конце ссылки Raziel-а. Там либо можешь мне отослать вопросы или поздороваться в Русском отделе

2/26/2017 4:47:51 PM #12

Привет Axegamer,

Отвечу на пару тем поднятых тобою.

1. Небольшое кол-во Русскоязычного комьюнити.

Да, на данный момент нет королевств полностью состоящих из русскоязычного населения, но есть графства и города предназначенные для них! У нас в королевстве Arkadia быстро наращивается кол-во русскоговорящих людей. На самом деле, неудивительно что нет королевств состоящих из французов или немцев и это понятно т.к. все говорят на английском языке и проще набрать людей под свои знамёна используя его.

1. Русская локализация.

Есть много примеров игр которые выпускались на английском и никто в России до их выхода ничего не слышал, а начинал реагировать когда заходила речь о локализации и покупки прав какой нибудь mail.ru , а мы знаем что мэйл=зло. При наличии коммерческого успеха и при условии большой популярности русскоговорящих игроков появится локализация. Но я думаю это ограничится переводом интерфейса и тд. надеюсь нас не отправят играть на отдельный сервер, да я думаю это маловероятно (потому что в игре сервер рассчитан на ООООЧЕНЬ БОЛЬШОЕ кол-во человек), но все же. Ведь так много плюсов от игры на английском сервере с иностранцами.

Как итог можно сказать, что со временем после выставки в марте, альфы и тд интерес только возрастет и не только у русскоязычного комьюнити, но и в мире в целом. Главное что бы все удачно прошло на выставке. А вообще заходи к нам мы всегда рады новым людям в нашем Королевстве!

2/27/2017 5:23:51 PM #13

Posted By Mirhard_Furious at 7:47 PM - Sun Feb 26 2017

Привет Axegamer,

Отвечу на пару тем поднятых тобою.

1. Небольшое кол-во Русскоязычного комьюнити.

Да, на данный момент нет королевств полностью состоящих из русскоязычного населения, но есть графства и города предназначенные для них! У нас в королевстве Arkadia быстро наращивается кол-во русскоговорящих людей. На самом деле, неудивительно что нет королевств состоящих из французов или немцев и это понятно т.к. все говорят на английском языке и проще набрать людей под свои знамёна используя его.

1. Русская локализация.

Есть много примеров игр которые выпускались на английском и никто в России до их выхода ничего не слышал, а начинал реагировать когда заходила речь о локализации и покупки прав какой нибудь mail.ru , а мы знаем что мэйл=зло. При наличии коммерческого успеха и при условии большой популярности русскоговорящих игроков появится локализация. Но я думаю это ограничится переводом интерфейса и тд. надеюсь нас не отправят играть на отдельный сервер, да я думаю это маловероятно (потому что в игре сервер рассчитан на ООООЧЕНЬ БОЛЬШОЕ кол-во человек), но все же. Ведь так много плюсов от игры на английском сервере с иностранцами.

Как итог можно сказать, что со временем после выставки в марте, альфы и тд интерес только возрастет и не только у русскоязычного комьюнити, но и в мире в целом. Главное что бы все удачно прошло на выставке. А вообще заходи к нам мы всегда рады новым людям в нашем Королевстве!

Плохой был опыт игры в ММО на американском сервере... Чисто из-за языкового барьера было много неудобств... Русское сообщество конечно хорошо но... Ну представь ситуацию в том что... в клане, королевстве или ещё в чём то тебе просто не комфортно. Причин может быть масса. И тебе просто не куда будет идти. Просто для примера в Arhe Age фарм всего самого лучшего только при помощи клана. А когда играл там я ВСЕХ боссов и ивенты фармила вражеская фракция к которой просто не перейти. Это невозможно. Эти черти ВСЕ летали на глайдерах с кракена и с пушками с него. И прочими плюшками. А мы... По сравнению с ними просто мясо. Что хочу сказать. Если не будет выбора куда податься это будет очень печально... Создавать своё сообщество тоже мало вариантов ибо это всё таки малая активность... Плюс... да тут много причин почему маленькое русское сообщество среди множества иностранцев очень плохо... Ну... буду надеяться что к релизу всё будет. А ещё лучше бы к ЗБТ...