COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Kingdom Rules

Been looking over some posts and suggestions and some of them border on griefing other players, even though kingdoms have kings and their own rules I suspect the game will still have rules against harassment and griefing other characters? Like I don't want to be the one who doesn't conform with the rules but they still have to be reasonable and fair?

2/26/2017 8:16:40 AM #1

Harassment in the sense of targeting someone in chat with vile and hateful language I can definitely see being against the games terms of service. With much of the chat being between players rather than characters that is certainly a system I think the Developers rather than Kingdoms will have to monitor and control.

However, in character actions in the game should be through the Kingdoms laws only. There are no actions that another player can take that do not have story tied to them, that do not develop the world. Yes they may put another player at a disadvantage but that is really part of a dynamic world such as this. The word griefing should be banned as it just does not fit here.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

2/26/2017 8:42:57 AM #2

There will in short be consequence. Crime will most certainly not pay.

Just about to post on another related thread, so I won't do it twice: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17357/punishments-for-criminals

2/26/2017 9:47:50 AM #3

Posted By Oracle at 09:42 AM - Sun Feb 26 2017

If you are good, crime will certainly pay off, and you will certainly have more fun than a dull count with boring life. :)

2/26/2017 10:05:11 AM #4

Ok cool, my main concern is people will go out of their way to grief people, at the end of the day this is a game. As long as their will be consequences I'm down with that

2/26/2017 1:02:23 PM #5

Posted By Gothix at 03:47 AM - Sun Feb 26 2017

Posted By Oracle at 09:42 AM - Sun Feb 26 2017

If you are good, crime will certainly pay off, and you will certainly have more fun than a dull count with boring life. :)

Yes, if you are good. But I think that, much like real life, many more people will think they are good enough to make it pay than are actually good enough to make a dime off of a heist or remain uncaptured for a murder for more than a few days.