COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Plastering.

So I'm wondering whether limestone, and more precisely "Lime wash" is going to be a thing in CoE, so far we've seen some screenshots that my "imply" lime wash, especially the blue and red circles.

The orange could also be some kind of lime wash, but I think it might be some sort of "daub" (combination of wet soil, clay, sand, animal dung and staw) used to isolate Wattle.

So what is lime wash?

Lime wash made from limestones processed into a lime kiln in order to be rendered into a malleable form (quick lime). This allowed Lime to be used for building, rendering, plastering and lime washing building.

Example of lime washed cottage:

Lime wash was used as an external coat as well as interior. This plaster would take the colour of the earth that it was mixed with which resulted, in many cases, vibrant reddish, yellow or white colour plasters.

We've seen some dark red / a bit white/gray buildings, but I'm really wondering how vibrant we could make those colours.

Example of lime washing in the witcher 3:

On the topic of Plastering, how do you think we'll be able to "decorate" the walls/ceiling/etc. is really what this narrows down to.

I would love if artists not only could paint pictures, but also paint directly on walls or ceilings.

Example of decorated ceiling:

Leave your thoughts below

2/26/2017 11:16:02 PM #1

I don't understand but I commend you for your interest in the finer details.

"...When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." ~Chief Tecumseh

2/27/2017 12:44:06 AM #2

Great post, Liva. Very informative. : )

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

2/27/2017 2:56:55 AM #3

I would also love to find out more about how customizable the builds would be. From the facade's to the structural

2/27/2017 4:02:27 PM #4

Posted By Landsraad at 12:16 AM - Mon Feb 27 2017

I don't understand but I commend you for your interest in the finer details.

I thank you :) But I don't know if I would call it "finer details" :P Since CoE has so many game play styles to it, building, and therefore also distinguishing it (through looks and colours) could be just as important.

This is on the same level as character customization, just for houses/towns/etc. But I understand for you it'll be finer details as your gameplay might lead you to someplace else :9 combat etc. which won't necessarily require you to get a house. xD

2/27/2017 5:39:14 PM #5

With having 2 major river systems including the deepest and arguably the longest rivers, how are geopolitical issues so turbulent in Africa where they cannot put aside differences and fill that damn Lake Chad up... F'real we build pipelines in the US for funzies with all the foreign aide we should be shipped to twist a few arms and get some much needed water to that part of the continent.

2/27/2017 6:34:52 PM #6

Posted By IndirectPvP at 11:39 AM - Mon Feb 27 2017

With having 2 major river systems including the deepest and arguably the longest rivers, how are geopolitical issues so turbulent in Africa where they cannot put aside differences and fill that damn Lake Chad up... F'real we build pipelines in the US for funzies with all the foreign aide we should be shipped to twist a few arms and get some much needed water to that part of the continent.

Because people in power tend to be self-serving assholes. And it doesn't serve them (in their view) to cooperate.

Back on topic, yeah still would love to find out about customization. Painting, plastering, molding, banisters, ect what will be available.

also what "styles" of architecture will be available. The OP used images that mostly conform to more european building designs. But what about other kinds of architecture. Like Tent structures for more nomadic cultures.

More round designs \ domes like you see a lot in the middle east and Africa.

ect ect ect.

and to what extent will it be customizable.

2/27/2017 8:50:49 PM #7

Posted By Blankwindow at 7:34 PM - Mon Feb 27 2017

Back on topic, yeah still would love to find out about customization. Painting, plastering, molding, banisters, ect what will be available.

also what "styles" of architecture will be available. The OP used images that mostly conform to more european building designs. But what about other kinds of architecture. Like Tent structures for more nomadic cultures.

More round designs \ domes like you see a lot in the middle east and Africa.

ect ect ect.

and to what extent will it be customizable.

Not to mention what materials and how we'll be able to costumize it, like will we be able to build domes out of bronze? aka. bronze roofs. Not to mention if we'll need to clean windows and such, like clothes, and will we be able to make ceilings that bow inwards. Will we be able to taint glass? and if so, how much freedom are we given in decorating them. etc. etc. :P there's a lot of mystery, but I saw something that might look like Lime wash, so I kinda hoped the Developers could share a bit information about it :)