COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Questions about talents

Just a little curious about a few things regarding talents, so I thought I might start my first topic and see if i get some answers.

These are my questions: 1. Is "talents" really the same as "skills" in this game or will these two be different from eachother? Seems like some people are uncertain about this (myself included).

1. As far I as I have understood it, talents will have drawbacks (some big/obvious and some smaller/less obvious ones), is this correct?

2. From the things I have heard and read, it sounds like you will not be able to see/know what talent your character actually starts with. I was therefore wondering: Will each character start with only one "talent" or will you start with a group of "talents" among one might be dominant at start?

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” /Neil Gaiman

"Be good. That way you can inspire others to be good too. If not anything else, you have been good and that is one more person than it would have been without you." (My own)

3/3/2017 3:41:04 PM #1

Only about 5% of everybody will start with a talent. Now that 5% gets split up into several mundane talents, such as being quicker with a sword, or finding herbs faster, and then into the more rare types of talents such as magic. However, the talent will not carry on with you for life. As soon as you die in that life, you lose the talent.

Now everybody can unlock talents though, with certain triggers that is.The system will recognize impressive feats such as living after a fall down a mountain , and then give you a talent corresponding to what you achieved. It is then up to the player to uncover this talent, grow on it, master it, and then die.

Talents are NOT skills. Skills will continue to progress through your game play. Talents are , one and dones unless you somehow unlock them again.

As for drawbacks, the devs haven't necessary explained it all the way for us, yet.

hope this helped :)

Kingdom of Vornair~~~~ Count Bladehawk of the County Sildoria and the City of Rukia Friend code: 16A8A6

A Legend in its own right.

3/3/2017 3:51:54 PM #2

Thank you for the quick reply. It certainly helped made things clearer for me =). Maybe it was just a romor I heard but I was under the impression that if your charcter had a child, the child could also get some of the talent(s) which the parent had. And through that you (once again, could) "cultivate" your talents from one life to another. Have the devs said anything about that?

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” /Neil Gaiman

"Be good. That way you can inspire others to be good too. If not anything else, you have been good and that is one more person than it would have been without you." (My own)

3/3/2017 4:10:07 PM #3

WorldExplorer, great question. I first off let me welcome you to the community. Feel free to continue to ask questions or voice your option with any fears, we are a friendly bunch.

Talents and skills are different entirely. No one starts with a talent but do have skills to enhance as they play like most games. Depending on your character and play style skills rise and fall over time. Use them, they improve. Don't use them they start to go down. Talents on the other hand are completely different

Very little is known about the specifics of talents at this time but I can pass along what I know. First off, Talents are tied to a lifetime in which you must discover your talent and learn to harness it/use it before you die since it will go back into the overall talent pool for the server after death. This talent pool is 5% of players per server at any given time will have a talent, now whether they discover it or not is another story, if not, then it will recycle back into the pool and redistributed to another. There can be only One talent per lifetime for a character if they are in he lucky 5% and can unlock it. Perhaps it is a talent you want to say No to (which is possible I guess) and again it will be redistributed by the pool. Whether they enhance a given skill or offer a different enhanced skill altogether is unknown however personally I hope it is the latter.

It was stated by Caspian that talents will have both a positive and negative aspect and they may not be all they are cracked up to be. It would be entirely possible that the negative aspect is too great and you pass on the talent. An general example (just making this up as an example) take a animal trainer that gets a talent. Say they can now start to talk to the animals as a way to train them. Others may see this and find it very odd behavior and want nothing to do with the individual or a store may stop selling to them entirely. You must weigh the negatives with the positives.

There is a lot we just don't know about talents. From my understanding they will Not be in at launch but will be introduced soon after but no one will really know when. Since there will be no server down times for patches they will just roll in under the radar until one discovers them which is a cool way of introducing them into the world. My perspective is since only 5% of players will gain a talent and that talent only lasts for a single lifetime (less if you discover it late in life and have a hard time mastering it) I would not worry much about them. If you get one cool, if not (which is more likely) live life the best you can with that you have and not worry too much about what you don't have.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the