COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA DOMAINS
NA-W Blood Moon Keep Recruitment Page

Hail those who wish to take the Blood Oath

My name is Baron Montoya. I am in a currently unnamed county in "The Kingdom of Ashland". In this county we will be running a semi republican based system. Where there will be three seats for mayors and three seats for barons and one appointed representative chosen by the Duke. They will vote on county issues to resolve problems and allocate funding and resources.

Blood Moon Keep

We took this Keep by the light of the Blood Moon. As our enemies blood began to spill. We moved through the night; not as men but as predators. We shred them as if they were but sheep waiting for the slaughter. Our Lord called us a bloody pack of wolves. Forever shall we proudly hold the title of “The Red Wolves of Tir'Brännon.” We are the bite of our Lord's blade. The face of his shield. The bringers of stone and fiery rain. For this Keep was taken in blood and with blood it must be kept.

If our lord calls for the blood of his enemies we shall always make our payment in full! We are known as “The Red Wolves of Tir'Brännon”. Never shall we forget we walk under the banner of the Blood Moon!

Mottos

* Payment must be made!*

* We shall not falter in the sight of death's gaze. For he only makes us stronger when he calls!*

The Crimson Guard

* Justice is not a pursuit to be taken lightly.*

We will be the Counties main force of day to day security. The Baron and higher up enlisted men will hand out contracts to clear bandit camps and root out problems within the county. We will be the iron hand of the county. We will keep the order and stamp out those who seek to cause harm or injustice inside our Counts borders.

Training

We will provide our soldiers and civilians with basic weaponry after they have resided in the land for a certain amount of time. All of our citizens are expected to know the basics of weaponry and hand to hand combat. If our lands come under siege we will stand together or burn as one. There will be basic training sessions. No one will be denied or charged for basic training. Our masters may charge a small fee. For if one wants to master an art he must be willing to sacrifice something precious. The price shall have a cap on it to keep the price from leaving the reach of any Elyrian. There will be Scholarship programs for those who show dedication and commitment to mastering their arts.

What one must know (this list might possibly be changing as more info is released on combat)

Full Fledged Combatant

A main weapon.
* Any type of foot soldier weaponry.
* This excludes ranged weaponry besides siege.

1. Secondary small arms combat weapon.

• Small side arms weapons or hand thrown types.
  2. Hand vs Weaponry training.

• Never count yourself out of the fight. You must be versatile, flexible, and advantageous of the moment even if your are at a disadvantage.
  3. Hand to Hand combat

• To go into combat without hand to hand experience is simply foolish.

Siege Division

• This will be expanded upon as more info on siege weaponry is available.
    Retrieval Squad (I will expand upon this as more info is released)

• These will be the squads located behind the front line to retrieve those out who have fallen.

• They will be fully fledged combatants.

• Their main role is to save the lives of our combatants if at all possible.

• As there are multiple types of combat I will have two main types of squads.

Medical Units

Dashing Blades

• These will be along the edges of the front line that will follow any flanking maneuvers.

Grasping Palm

• These will be the medics behind the front line that will be flexing with the fight as the line of combat moves.

Field Surgeons (This will be expanded as more information is released)

• These units will be the ones behind the combat ready to stabilize and treat major wounds.

The need of all arts

The mastering of an art is something that will be rewarded. The rewards shall vary depending upon the level of your mastery (as there is little that has been released on this subject yet. I can not expand into detail until I myself get those details.) But, the rewards will go to the trailblazers and innovators. The first to get the mastery level shall receive the largest reward. Everyone else after obtaining that level shall receive a smaller reward. Everything can be perfected for life is an art.

The Blood Moon Keep shall need farmers, fishers, miners, blacksmiths, tavern masters, and everything else to keep a land running smoothly. If you invent a new method of agriculture or gathering of materials you shall be rewarded. If your tavern or shop becomes widely known and brings us prestige you shall receive a reward for the dedication and commitment to your art.

Trials Of Blood (Tournaments)

In order to compete you must be a full fledged resident under the Blood Moon Banner. We will have special tournaments that will allow those outside of our banner to compete.

We hold our Combatants to the highest of standards. We shall conduct Tournaments to keep our ranks sharp and battle ready. Our Tournaments will be no holds bar. We shall not expect our foes to let us surrender so we will never train for it. The fight will continue until only one is standing(Knock Out). We will have highly trained medics close by ready to jump and show their trainees how to perform fast and efficiently. For your loss might bring about a treatment that saves lives on the battlefield. The Combatants will be inspected before combat. They will be only allowed their weaponry and armor. If both combatants are confident in their abilities and agree their armor can be forfeited. This is depending on game mechanics if death or permanent injury is even a slight yet far fetched chance wooden or training weapons will be used. Only the top tier combatants may have this option. The Combatants who forfeit their armor shall be praised and rewarded for their courage no matter the outcome. Yet only one will move on. This rule will only be allowed during the Purist Tournaments.

Our tournaments will alternate from Purist Combat (same type of weaponry vs each other) to Mixed Weaponry combat. We will also have two tiers of combatants. The lower tier will be known as Verification of Comprehension (VoC pronounced VO-k) and the top tier which is Forefront of Training (FiT).

The VoC tier is for newcomers that want to test their merit. While the Combatants of this tier are displaying their knowledge only one side can be victorious. The winner of this tournament in each style shall be moved up a tier. But, that does not mean both can not move up to the FiT level. Even in defeat if you show your merit you may be promoted. If you receive multiple notable recommendations from a variety of trainers you may receive the honor of being placed at the level of FiT (this will not be easily obtained and must be approved by the Baron).

The styles of combat are as listed (This list may change as combat is released. I do not see this list getting any smaller but it may expand.) I expect each competition besides the 1v1 to have a designated and registered leader.

1. 1 vs 1

2. 5 vs 5

3. Squad battles (10v10)

4. Siege Mastery (depending on the game mechanics this may be one or multiple players making a siege team)

• The siege team will be ranked of multiple things. Which the judges will time.
    • Reload speed(depending on game mechanics)
    • Rapid fire on a broadly located formation
    • Rapid fire on a vertically lined formation
    • Accuracy with multiple stationary targets in or near cover. They will range from close to furthest known range of the weapon. Depending on the game mechanics there will be one outside of target range to test the ingenuity of the team.
    • Mobility through an obstacle course
    • Firing while moving laterally and horizontally(depending on game mechanics)
    • Firing while moving on a simple zig zag pattern. (depending on game mechanics)
    • Lastly but not least Cohesion of the team.
    • This is if a team is needed to run Siege equipment.
    • In the happenstance of a draw the teams will compete in melee combat. We shall see who has not only mastered the offensive use of their Kings weaponry but also the defense of it.
    • This type of combat shall never have any restrictions on weaponry.
    • There will also be commendations given out to Medical Staff that partook in the festivities.

War Games

If the opportunity arises to compete in war games we shall join and fight to our fullest capability.

Call to Arms

I expect the Red Wolves to be ready to defend our lands or move at breakneck speed to defend our allies at a moment's notice. Our citizens should also be alert and vigilant if we are on the brink of being invaded. I do not expect the common people follow us into combat outside of our borders but they must help defend their homes if needed. The last statement may be made null and void if the king or Duchy calls upon you.

The sadder side of war

With the possibility of war there is always a sadder side that isn't brought to light. If both parents are combatants and should fall we shall take their children in as wards. As with any other child that arrives on at our door. They will be expected to participate in real life weekly combat training. We will asses their skills in combat and progress during this training. They may focus on any field from gathering materials to combat and everything in-between in their off time. If we have children that excel in their field they may be eligible for a small salary. The number of salaries available will be competitive. I will not set a number on it but their will be a standard that needs to be met before being eligible. All children will be expected to help out with the upkeep and cleanliness of the Keep. It will not be excessive but every pair of hands helps. In short they will agree to train and clean while we provide room and board. Our care will be provided until they reach adulthood. They are welcome to stay upon adulthood but are not expected nor required to do so. Depending on the mechanics of contracts they will be required to agree and sign as well as a resigning of the contract every few Elyrian years. This contract will also include a code of conduct. It will have a set of guidelines to live by and if any laws are broken by this individual extra punishment will be added to the one enacted by the law. In every contract it will state they are not allowed to raise arms against The Kingdom of Ashland for ten Elyrian years upon leaving. If they do raise arms against Ashland while still under contract they will be punished. The punishment will be updated at a later point. The children that are wards of the Keep will be given tunics with a special embroidery. I hold the children of Blood Moon Keep to a higher stander than a regular Elyrian. They will be representing not only me but the Kingdom of Ashland as well.

Do we sound like a Banner you would fight for? If so join us in our discord channel!

Discord

3/5/2017 7:43:48 AM #1

Great post Ellis, look forward to working with you.

3/14/2017 11:49:52 AM #2

Wow Shaggellis, great work on your post!

3/16/2017 6:20:41 AM #3

bump

3/16/2017 6:27:27 AM #4

Great post! Cant wait to be a part of it!

3/16/2017 9:35:04 PM #5

I can't wait B)

3/19/2017 12:05:16 AM #6

This Barony has tripled in size within the week, as their Count I am excited to see lots of good things from this Barony!!

3/27/2017 1:16:21 AM #7

Great Post ShaggEllis! I look forward to working with you and your people!!

3/31/2017 5:58:39 PM #8

Great Job Shag, you put a lot of great work here.

5/2/2017 2:08:10 PM #9

More members of the Red Wolves have been pouring in, glad to see Blood Moon Keep growing and flourishing!

5/17/2017 8:41:11 PM #10

bump

6/12/2017 5:14:53 AM #11

b-b-bump b-b-baka

8/28/2017 6:07:58 PM #12

Nice changes Baron Montoya! I can Not wait to get in game with you!

3/8/2018 3:27:28 PM #13

Wow Shagg, the new addition to your forum post is quite spectacular!

3/8/2018 3:35:52 PM #14

Badass

3/17/2018 1:44:47 PM #15

Blood Moon Keep seems awesome, I can not wait, to work with your crew.