COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Mayor vs proprietor

Has anyone actually bought proprietor? It seems like a bad deal when its only $25 more to be a mayor and have double EP and a war trison. Is there anyone that prefers to have only a house rather than a settlement?

3/7/2017 6:14:37 AM #1

I think its probably more of an option for the people that already want to have a friend be a mayor and then they themselves want to be in that town and want to be alpha II access.

3/7/2017 6:17:08 AM #2

I'm sure people bought proprietor packages. It really depends what you looking for from a game like COE. Some people prefer more freedom and less managing stuff. Having own settlement as a Mayor or Baron it requires time and dedication, I know some people that prefers to have only a house rather than managing a settlement.

3/7/2017 9:14:15 PM #3

That would be me, I upgraded to proprietor because I wanted to get in the alpha but don't want the responsibility of running a settlement or anything larger.

3/23/2017 1:16:53 AM #4

I might bump up to proprietor sooner or later, just for alpha access.

The question is: why is the magistrate tier $250 more than the major tier, but only slightly better?

Are villas THAT nice and expensive?

Edit: apparently I think so

3/23/2017 1:49:07 AM #5

Just something I want to point out to all potential "Proprietors" that also seeks to save some money/ get extra bang for your buck. (Promise!)

In the event you purchase Proprietor, and decide to also purchase at least 25$ of EP, then do not purchase the EP. Instead, use that 25$ to upgrade to Mayor. It only cost 25$ to jump from Proprietor to Mayor.

What do you get by spending 25$ to upgrade to mayor?

• 500 EP (50$ worth of EP. You already earned yourself 25$!)

• A barony (Which you can sell back to the store in exchange for receiving MORE EP. You do not have to keep your title. You can even gift your title to me if you want! Sell it to the store, sell it to other players, gift it to others, let someone else manage it for you, etc! Plenty of options! There is no negatives! Let me stress this...you do not have to keep your barony! This seems to be the main reason you guys do not upgrade even though it saves you money.)

• Upgrade your mount

Hope this helps!

Shady Clown, saving you 15% or more on your Package just by reading my text!

TL:DR - Upgrade to Mayor if you're a Proprietor. Sell your barony in exchange for EP. Save money. Profit.

P.S. - Gimme your titles! I'll gobble them all up like cookies.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/23/2017 2:26:47 AM #6

go on the kickstarter and there's an approx for the size of player housing that can be bought with IP.

the houses i'll link bellow are all spot on or bellow the expected sq. footage of the villa.

https://www.houseplans.com/plan/4133-square-feet-5-bedrooms-4-bathroom-traditional-house-plans-3-garage-21161

http://www.dreamhomesource.com/house-plans/dhs/styles/craftsman-house-plans-craftsman-floor-plans/dhsw52552.html

https://www.houseplans.com/plan/4100-square-feet-4-bedrooms-3-bathroom-country-house-plans-3-garage-36556

https://www.theplancollection.com/house-plans/home-plan-9354

that's actually pretty big.

and it's fully furnished.

they removed it from the store but the last time they had it on it was estimated that for it to be fully furnished it would be a few thousand IP

*subject to change as they removed the Ip reward list from the store I guess that they are reviewing it.

3/23/2017 3:11:38 AM #7

Good not just me that thought this. Surprised how many people just skipped the fact they are getting much worse value.

3/23/2017 3:13:21 AM #8

Posted By Scheneighnay at 09:16 AM - Thu Mar 23 2017

I might bump up to proprietor sooner or later, just for alpha access.

The question is: why is the magistrate tier $250 more than the major tier, but only slightly better?

Are villas THAT nice and expensive?

It has a design experience doesnt it? Probably a bigger reason.

3/23/2017 3:46:19 AM #9

The main reason that people choose to be Proprieter? Political Amnesty. It's sometimes better to stay the hell out of politics for a better experience of the game. Also, who wants to spend most of their day worrying about if your people will eat when you can worry about if you eat?

Proprietor of Epicurean's Delight, Merchant of the Kingdom of Blackheart, Home of The Collective.

3/23/2017 3:54:36 AM #10

Posted By Xarnata at 11:46 PM - Wed Mar 22 2017

The main reason that people choose to be Proprieter? Political Amnesty. It's sometimes better to stay the hell out of politics for a better experience of the game. Also, who wants to spend most of their day worrying about if your people will eat when you can worry about if you eat?

True, but buying Mayor doesn't force you into politic at all. Just exchange the Barony for EP. It'll be exactly as though you bought Proprietor, except you get extra EP and none of the politics. Just sell that barony before land selection. Buying Mayor will result only in saving money, as long as you sell the barony back into the store.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/23/2017 4:17:52 AM #11

Our words are invisible to them shady

3/23/2017 5:47:02 AM #12

Posted By Shady Clown at 8:54 PM - Wed Mar 22 2017

Posted By Xarnata at 11:46 PM - Wed Mar 22 2017

True, but buying Mayor doesn't force you into politic at all. Just exchange the Barony for EP. It'll be exactly as though you bought Proprietor, except you get extra EP and none of the politics. Just sell that barony before land selection. Buying Mayor will result only in saving money, as long as you sell the barony back into the store. if you sell the title back to you loose the perks that came with it?

3/23/2017 5:48:44 AM #13

if you sell the title back do yo loose the perks that came with it, sorry it put my question in the quote for some dumb reason

3/23/2017 7:26:24 AM #14

You can edit posts after making them. But yeah even if you didn't organize to not be mayor before you started you can just hand over your title to some random when you start the game. If people can exchange being 2 kings you should be allowed to exchange mayor for more land.

3/23/2017 10:38:37 PM #15

Thanks for information, I purchased the Mayor and you answered a bunch of questions I had.