COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
What MMO's has everyone played

I'm curious what kind of backgrounds are interested in this game. If you haven't played many MMO's, what types of games did you play, if any?

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

3/25/2017 2:35:56 AM #1

Guild wars2 - 8 months

Eso - 1 week

Eve - 2 months

Tera - 2 weeks

Ragnarok online - 4-5 years

3/25/2017 2:40:27 AM #2

Posted By Reikan at 10:35 PM - Fri Mar 24 2017

Guild wars2 - 8 months

Eso - 1 week

Eve - 2 months

Tera - 2 weeks

One week in ESO? Guessing it didn't fit your playstyle. I really enjoyed ESO until they changed pvp mechanics to nerf small, coordinated groups in favor of the zerg.

3/25/2017 2:47:53 AM #3

MMO? I assume this isn't limited to MMORPGs then? I can include MMOFPS? If so, then Planetside 2 for like two years.

I played WoW for maybe a year or two.

Runescape for several years...I want to say like 5 but I could be mistaken.

TERA...not sure how long. Almost a year? More than half definitely. However long it took me to get through all the content + three weeks with the repeatables.

ESO for about a year now. (My current MMO)

Star Trek Online for...not very long. A few weeks really.

Defiance for maybe a month.

Puzzle Pirates for 3 or 4 years.

Toon Town for 2 or 3 years.

Ragnorak online for like 20 minutes.

Everquest for like 8 hours.

Rift for somewhere between 6-10 months.

EvE for...some amount of months. At least 6. But not a year. My wallet can't afford subscriptions for that long. I spend my money in bursts so it'll be full for one month, and empty for the next 5.

Black Desert for a month or so until the level gaps and grind really hit me hard.

Blade & Soul for the first 20 levels.

Wildstar for like 3 days.

Lord of the rings online for like 6 hours.

And if there's more (Which there probably are) I can't remember them.

3/25/2017 2:49:44 AM #4

Runescape- always good, but the grinding gets old after a while. Not beyond checking in every so often.

SWTOR- no endgame, and feels too repetitive if you make a new character

The Secret World- progression doesn't feel like progression (but I absolutely love the game's feel and world)

ESO- I think the title ruined it for me; just feels like a cheap Elder Scrolls ripoff. I also don't like the PVP community because they all want to zerg instead of fighting smart.

Eve- I didn't play much of Eve itself, but I was a forum warrior in the Dust 514 meta-game from closed beta until it shut down, which I think counts as experience for CoE.

3/25/2017 2:52:53 AM #5

Asheron's Call was my first. I spent several years in that. WoW took 6 years of my life. I've played most other big MMOs to some extent. ESO, Archage, Black Dessert, EverQuest I & II, Shadowbane, SWG, SWTOR, Rift, Guild Wars 2, Asheron's Call 2, etc. Been playing a lot of sandbox survival the past couple of years too, like Ark and Conan.

3/25/2017 2:58:57 AM #6

Runescape was my gateway drug when I was a wee nipper.

Moved on to Guild Wars. Prophecies was still some of the best gaming memories I've had. Rolled Warrior/Necromancer like a scrublord because I was too young to know what I was doing, made it work though. Played that for a good few years.

Played WoW for longer than I care to admit, stopped playing when it went to shit. RIP permanent tree form.

Played GW2, ESO and Rift for about 2 weeks each, none of them buttered my parsnip.

Played SWTOR for a good while, would love to play the game again but it's pretty dead now.

Been popping plebs on Eve Online on and off since 2012.

3/25/2017 3:04:21 AM #7

Runescape-Warcrap-Rift-Tera-ESO-and DayZ if we are including MMOFPS, DayZ is the only one I still currently play from time to time, wish they would finish the fucker already.

3/25/2017 3:10:20 AM #8

Posted By KipFoE at 10:40 AM - Sat Mar 25 2017

Posted By Reikan at 10:35 PM - Fri Mar 24 2017

Guild wars2 - 8 months

Eso - 1 week

Eve - 2 months

Tera - 2 weeks

One week in ESO? Guessing it didn't fit your playstyle. I really enjoyed ESO until they changed pvp mechanics to nerf small, coordinated groups in favor of the zerg.

Just i want to fight at tamriel, hard to be willing to grind months before i get to play like i want

3/25/2017 3:47:08 AM #9

Posted By Heatmiser at 11:04 PM - Fri Mar 24 2017

Runescape-Warcrap-Rift-Tera-ESO-and DayZ if we are including MMOFPS, DayZ is the only one I still currently play from time to time, wish they would finish the fucker already.

DayZ isn't an MMOFPS though. It's just a mutliplayer survival game =P Otherwise I would have included it definitely along with WarZ, H1Z1, Aftermath, and others that I have played.

3/25/2017 4:31:43 AM #10

Runescape - 2-3 years (7-10)

Mabinogi - 2-3 Years (13-16)

Mabi, during 2004-2009 was probably the most sandboxish and best game to have ever been made

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

3/25/2017 5:52:34 AM #11

WoW - 7 Years

GW2 - 2 Years

SWTOR - 2 years

Fragments of BDO

I don't know anymore.

3/25/2017 6:03:08 AM #12

Runescape Runes of Magic WoW(when it had been out for a few years) Archeage Black Desert Online Blackwake Foxhole

What goes up must come down. Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot. If a plan is stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid.

3/25/2017 6:13:44 AM #13

WoW - Played from BC to launch of MoP. I have also gone back and played 6 month stints on BC private servers like 5 times.

Archeage- Played until they released certain things in the cash shop that made it clear Trion are trash.

Darkfall UW - About 6 months

Mortal Online - About a year

EVE - About a year

Have checked out most of the mainstream releases along the way like Guild Wars and TERA but didn't really like any of them.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

3/25/2017 10:37:53 AM #14

EverQuest, EverQuest II, WOW, Rift (Including Beta testing), ArcheAge (including Alpha and Beta testing), Tera, Riders of Icarus, Guild Wars II. Been gaming for just over 16 years.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

3/25/2017 10:52:01 AM #15

Lots of familiar names here. This is my list:

Ragnarok Online - 1-2 years

SWG - 2+ years until WoW came out

WoW - 7 years

SWTOR - few years on and off

ESO - 2 days

Archeage - year or so

Skyforge - year or so as well

Star Citizen Alpha - Current

Brash