COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Family creation PROBLEMS

Hey, Okay so I do hope this post is seen by Vye, Caeoltoiri or Caspian (or other devs).

As you know people are making families and using this time to build friendships, exchange ideas and so fourth.

I am a kickstarter backer with the Mayor/Baron package I will be a mayoress of my own town, however, I do not want to really belong to an NPC family so after having talks with a friend (Who happens to be the duke of the land I want to live in) We have decided that I could be his daughter.

The problems I find and really would like clarified (as I am sure others are facing the same uncertainty) :

1. Would I be able to be the daughter of another player (Duke) in Exposition.
  2. If not could I become the sister,aunt etc instead?
  3. We would both have to start off as NTC correct?

If any of the staff can shine a light on this or any other player who is wondering the same or that can help i would be grateful!

-Strixa

3/25/2017 11:10:21 AM #1

These are valid concerns.
As I want to create some kind of player based family as well I would appreciate the answers.

3/25/2017 11:47:44 AM #2

The problem with being the daughter of a duke and also a mayor: if you join his family he is already the mayor of that town. You would need to give up your mayor title.

3/25/2017 11:54:46 AM #3

Posted By Kaynadin at 11:47 AM - Sat Mar 25 2017

The problem with being the daughter of a duke and also a mayor: if you join his family he is already the mayor of that town. You would need to give up your mayor title.

But there are many towns within a duchy.

3/25/2017 11:55:29 AM #4

So you will (most likely anyway) be able to join your households if you really want to in Kingdoms of Elyria, (KoE) where you'll play as your ancestors etc. Most likely anyway.

Though I don't know how marrying a duke will be seen upon by the NPCs yet, especially if he's not their duke, though I think the possibility is definitely there.

So yes, you'll be able to fuse your families in the KoE, but I can't say if you'll be the aunt or daughter etc.

Edit: Reading through DJ 19# it might actually be more likely that you'll be able to do it in ElyriaMUD instead.

3/25/2017 12:01:48 PM #5

You could just marry into the family. Take their name and continue from there.

Anara Starsong was meant to be a countess and her father was a duke, so I don't see why there would be anything making you give up your title by joining another noble family. If anything it should be promoted to create lasting and powerful dynasties.

3/25/2017 12:11:02 PM #6

Thank you, It is very interesting, I will take a look into the dev journal too.

3/25/2017 12:41:30 PM #7

The marriage angle would be the way to go. The problem with going the child route or any other blood relationship is you'll need to get lucky and find two NPC families in different towns who happen to be related already and available for each of you to choose. Unless SBS allows us to reconfigure family lines in the world as part of the claiming process for mayors+

3/26/2017 6:54:16 AM #8

Posted By Liva at 11:55 AM - Sat Mar 25 2017

So you will (most likely anyway) be able to join your households if you really want to in Kingdoms of Elyria, (KoE) where you'll play as your ancestors etc. Most likely anyway.

Though I don't know how marrying a duke will be seen upon by the NPCs yet, especially if he's not their duke, though I think the possibility is definitely there.

So yes, you'll be able to fuse your families in the KoE, but I can't say if you'll be the aunt or daughter etc.

Edit: Reading through DJ 19# it might actually be more likely that you'll be able to do it in ElyriaMUD instead.

Actually that is a good idea, about fusing families together. I did not think of that. Hmm interesting!

4/26/2017 4:12:57 PM #9

Curious. Can you be married to several, or do we follow the christian perspective one husband one wife.

Born in sin come on in Born in lust turn to dust

5/1/2017 9:15:14 AM #10

I wonder, as it will be possible to conceal your identity. Perhaps in a town far from yours, you may be able to commit bigamy but I imagine it will be an illegal activity that will be punished accordingly.

5/1/2017 9:51:14 AM #11

Posted By Ugly-Green-Trog at 9:15 PM - Mon May 01 2017

I wonder, as it will be possible to conceal your identity. Perhaps in a town far from yours, you may be able to commit bigamy but I imagine it will be an illegal activity that will be punished accordingly.

I don't think so... there shouldn't be anything stopping you from marrying multiple people if that's what you choose to do. If they restrict that then has to be lore and law reasons otherwise it doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Took out dumb words.

5/1/2017 12:02:30 PM #12

I don't think you're able to marry multiple people.

I could be mistaken but I think it was mentioned quite some time back that your marriage bond would have various advantages, and that effectively "marrying everyone" would be an obvious means to exploit that system.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm what the current position is on that one.

5/13/2017 11:39:02 AM #13

Would being his daughter give him the right to sell you off in marriage?

5/13/2017 11:50:42 AM #14

Posted By Lestat at 07:39 AM - Sat May 13 2017

Would being his daughter give him the right to sell you off in marriage?

Not if you're a PC.