COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Can't edit forum comments

It just keeps giving the flower porcupine error message...

3/29/2017 11:23:30 PM #1

I can edit comments fine (I just checked).

I thought maybe the reason was that you were trying to edit a post in a locked thread but I found one of my comments in a locked thread and edited it successfully just now, so that's not it.

Its likely something on your end:

• try update browser you are using to the latest version

For reference I'm using Google Chrome (currently latest) Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) and editing works fine.

3/30/2017 1:07:42 AM #2

Posted By Gothix at 4:23 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

I can edit comments fine (I just checked).

Likewise

3/30/2017 3:15:27 AM #3

This is likely something with the internet connection (packet loss) between you and the forum server.

I just got the same error message while trying to log in, but after retrying few times it worked and I logged in OK.

So I think this may be just temporary for you and is caused by forum server traffic problems.

3/30/2017 3:31:59 AM #4

I'm also having this issue editing comments... after repeated tries resulting in the porcupine error, I was able to delete my comments and replace with an "update in progress" disclaimer. Now, I cannot add the original comments back or any new markdown.

3/30/2017 10:00:06 AM #5

here's the image that I'm unable to edit into an existing OP

3/30/2017 10:03:33 AM #6

... and just now when I tried to edit the post above ^^ I got a porcupine error. very strange. I'm able to make a new post but can't save markdown edits on an existing post, or in my recruitment OP.

3/30/2017 10:18:17 AM #7

Have you tried relogging and clearing your cache since the last website update?

3/30/2017 10:43:43 AM #8

Just did a clear and relog - no change. I even tried with different browsers - same error. I tried editing an OP by adding some markdown through firefox, edge, opera, and chrome and all ended with the same result: "An Error Has Occured."

Also, occurred is misspelled on the porcupine error page. :D

3/30/2017 11:12:38 AM #9

So I just tested it myself and it has something to do with the picture. I was able to quote you with the picture just fine, but when I tried to edit that post by adding text I got the porcupine error. When I tried again, this time removing the picture, the edit went ahead. For whatever reason editing a post with a picture, and keeping said picture, is causing a problem. At least this picture at any rate.

Imgur Imgur

3/30/2017 12:03:33 PM #10

It doesn't matter. Simply pasting the link without the brackets or the parenthesis but only on an edit.

3/30/2017 12:33:19 PM #11

yup - the porcupine error message is coming up for me when i try to edit a post with a picture in it also

3/30/2017 3:50:01 PM #12

I had the same problem yesterday, but I wasn't trying to post a picture. I did have a link to the wiki, though. So perhaps something is preventing edits to posts with forum markup?

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

3/30/2017 5:44:34 PM #13

Most of my posts I can edit,

but i still can't edit my post in this

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/18225/where-can-i-check-what-my-current-pledge-levelgame-package-is#post189789

it does not contain any quotes or forum code.

The issue seems to be intermittent. I suspect something going wrong with permissions and\or sql insertion during post creation intermittently.

3/30/2017 6:11:30 PM #14

I too keep getting errors when trying to edit my stickied post (Community resources in the General forms)

3/30/2017 9:42:40 PM #15

A little bored at work, so I am testing whether markdown causes the edit error.

H1

H2

italics and bold

A link to the wiki.

An image Tier 7 border

Results:

• Headers didn't create an error.
  • Italics and bold didn't create an error.
  • The link didn't create an error.
  • The image didn't create an error.

Ok, done playing for now. I'll leave it to the real testers. ;)

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.