COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Manor & Villa house's from pledge packages

Can you place these in someone else settlement or does it have to be your own settlement? and once placed can you move it?

3/30/2017 9:23:12 PM #16

Posted By Malais at 9:31 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

All I've seen says the opposite.

Everything I have seen suggests these would be a private residence and not connected to the title at all.

Well I've seen otherwise and remember Caspian himself saying as such in Discord but of course my memory could be failing me so until someone else comes along with evidence I'll stand down. I would go search out the info myself but I've never been great at searching out old comments on discord.

3/30/2017 9:28:03 PM #17

Nevermind, I found the quote from discord posted 02/12/2017.....

[6:51 PM] Count Odsbodikins: Caspian, it's been mentioned that there will be a Mayor's house by some folks, will there be a house that changes hands based on who is mayor, or is my home that I get while mayor mine to keep?

[6:59 PM] Caspian: As for the second question, our intention was that players have their family home, which they inherit from their parents. The Villa / Manor that comes with the Magistrate / Governor+ Pledge Packages were intended to be buildings to be constructed within the settlement for the Mayor / Baron to live in while Mayor / Baron, for as long as they hold the title.

If you want to see it for yourselves just copy some of the text above and paste it into the discord search box and it should come up.

3/30/2017 9:30:05 PM #18

Posted By SoulSpark at 5:28 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Nevermind, I found the quote from discord.....

[6:51 PM] Count Odsbodikins: Caspian, it's been mentioned that there will be a Mayor's house by some folks, will there be a house that changes hands based on who is mayor, or is my home that I get while mayor mine to keep?

[6:59 PM] Caspian: As for the second question, our intention was that players have their family home, which they inherit from their parents. The Villa / Manor that comes with the Magistrate / Governor+ Pledge Packages were intended to be buildings to be constructed within the settlement for the Mayor / Baron to live in while Mayor / Baron, for as long as they hold the title.

I'll screengrab it tomorrow cos I have to be somewhere right now.

So that means people with the right packages need to build their own home on top of the one being offered here?

Tartarus

3/30/2017 9:34:17 PM #19

Posted By Coldwren at 10:30 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

So that means people with the right packages need to build their own home on top of the one being offered here?

The way I understand it is, the house from the package is like the White House and is governmental and belongs to whoever have the leadership title. Then you can potentially inherit a house from your ingame parents when they die, or you can build your own or buy your own with EP and build it on land you own. But Caspian does say that it's their intention for it to work like that meaning it could always change I suppose.

3/30/2017 9:40:00 PM #20

Posted By SoulSpark at 5:34 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

The way I understand it is, the house from the package is like the White House and is governmental and belongs to whoever have the leadership title. Then you can potentially inherit a house from your ingame parents when they die, or you can build your own or buy your own with EP and build it on land you own. But Caspian does say that it's their intention for it to work like that meaning it could always change I suppose.

I suppose so. I wonder how upset titled-players will be when they find that they've been evicted on top of losing their lands.

Tartarus

3/30/2017 10:56:17 PM #21

Posted By SoulSpark at 11:34 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Thanks a lot for the info. I guess both ways (keeping it or loosing it) make sense at some point. Have to keep an eye on this.

3/31/2017 12:01:13 AM #22

It boils down to this:

You get a residence that is tied to your title, BUT your family home is also yours by right of inheritance from your parents.

Essentially, if you can keep your title, and gain full inheritance from your NPC parents you have two residences. Shiny.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

3/31/2017 3:17:51 AM #23

Well, they saved me a lot of money tbh. They should really put that somewhere on the store... these unwritten rules are killer on their already shaky PR. Especially something that costs a $250 upgrade??? I woulda been pissed had I bought that tier. Nothing indicates what his "intentions" were and nothing on the store has that same unwritten rule except obvious shit like "counts cape" or whatever it's called. I've heard of people that upgraded just for the manor..... not a conditional house. Man they're gonna be pissed when game comes and they have to move out of their $250 upgrade. Feelsbadman. It's such a better investment to just use your ingame money to expand whatever house you get to a mansion and let the "White House" be this broken down piece of shit for the next count.

That's like buying the new Xbox Scorpio and being told if you leave the store you have to return it.

The principle being that it's an unwritten rule that doesn't follow suit with any other item on the store and has no hint to it. Which is why this question had to be asked on the first place.

i hope they announce this unwritten rule before too many more people upgrade purely for the house. Just seems to be another unintentional bait imo. They make one tier. Then another tier that's basically "+house". But fails to mention it's a conditional house. The whole point of buying that tier is for the house, the EP change is pennies compared to just buying the EP.

I don't know anymore.

3/31/2017 3:38:46 AM #24

I understand the point but we are not talking of the white house, if you put the villa/manor on gov owned land when building it then too bad you'll most definitly loose it but if you place it on your own privatly owned piece of land I don't think it makes any sense to loose it while loosing the title, just like saying, obama bought a plot of land with his president salaryand the built a house on it then, once he looses the title he looses the house.

3/31/2017 3:41:52 AM #25

Posted By CountFrancisDrake at 11:38 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Posted By SoulSpark at 5:00 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Posted By SoulSpark at 2:00 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Houses that are given with the pledge packages are not owned by you, they are considered "government" buildings for lack of a better term. Meaning if you are a Mayor and you have a Villa from your package it's considered the Mayors house and should you ever lose the title of Mayor that house would be given to the new Mayor and you'd lose it. Same goes for Count and Duke with the Manor houses. The fact these are government buildings means if you're mayor of a settlement I see it being a requirement that it's placed in that settlement.

All I've seen says the opposite. A settlement has to have certain municipal buildings in order to advance to the next tier. One of those is a town hall which is where the town management table sits. It's these buildings that are lost not someone's personal house.

In theory you could still have land within the town you just lost with a stronghold sitting on it.

Those houses that you get from pledged packages are not your personal house, they come with the title that you are acquiring, they are in essence the exact same as how the White House works in America. If a president is no longer president they have to leave the White House and the next president moves in. Trump moved into the White House, the White House was not owned by Obama.

but we are not talking of the white house, we are talking of a player housing if you put on gov owned land when building it then too bad you'll most definitly loose it but if you place it on your own privatly owned piece of land I don't think it makes any sense to loose it while loosing the title, just like saying, obama bought a plot of land with his president salaryand the built a house on it then, once he looses the title he looses the house.

Look at his quote from Caspian. Didn't make sense to me either. I looked in the quote section of our discord and found it myself.

[7:00 PM] SoulSpark: So as a Baron I will get a Villa (apparently it's being added to the kickstarter Baron pledge) but that house will only be mine for the duration I am mayor. What if I was to use EP to purchase another house, would that be 100% mine?

[7:01 PM] Caspian: @SoulSpark You can use your EP for whatever you want. If you build a house off on land you own that's not part of the settlement, then yes. It's yours.

There it is in context. Like I said, I hope they announce it soon... people not playing the discord game are out of the loop and even people that do apparently....

I don't know anymore.

3/31/2017 4:46:27 AM #26

Read Caspian's comment in the [7:01] post:

If you build a house off on land you own that's not part of the settlement, then yes, It's yours.

---Sort of says that the settlement is what comes with the title. So put down an extra plot and put the buildings you want to always remain to you on THAT plot instead of on any of the settlement plots.

I take what he said as being that anything built on the settlement land goes with the settlement when you lose the title and the new guy takes over.

3/31/2017 5:56:06 AM #27

Posted By Tyrus at 12:46 AM - Fri Mar 31 2017

Read Caspian's comment in the [7:01] post:

If you build a house off on land you own that's not part of the settlement, then yes, It's yours.

---Sort of says that the settlement is what comes with the title. So put down an extra plot and put the buildings you want to always remain to you on THAT plot instead of on any of the settlement plots.

I take what he said as being that anything built on the settlement land goes with the settlement when you lose the title and the new guy takes over.

There's more where he retracts that "settlement" only line but it didn't regard the context of the quote so I didn't go that far. To see all questions asked that day check the text channel in Vornair's Discord regarding it. He later says it can be inside the settlement if you own the land. This house being the unwritten exception.

I don't know anymore.

3/31/2017 7:42:18 AM #28

I think all is in order then. We will have the White House as long as we are the President and a family estate. I don't really think that this would be a problem. Anyone in the Aristocracy+ will have a fair income, then he/she could very well settle the family house wherever he/she wants.

Duke of Lyrhia

3/31/2017 3:24:37 PM #29

it "shouldn't" if people knew. The people that upgraded specifically for the house upgrade have no indication that they can't keep it forever and since that quote was back in February I'm guessing they will never get one. Seems shady tbh. Idk why they seem to keep overlooking store details. The wording is getting better than it was but then you find out shit like this.

Having a "white house" seems so ineffective. I couldn't care less what the capitol building looks like.... It can be the Cabin in the Woods for all I care. It needs room for a table and a meeting.... done.

Why pay $250 for a white house when you can get the EP and get your own damn house for $300... or build a basic house for $100 and use your in-game money to expand it. Like them making it a white house ruins the relevancy of the tiers and makes it so inefficient. Especially if your not pledged and don't have connections in your duchy.

I don't know anymore.

3/31/2017 4:27:50 PM #30

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 11:24 AM - Fri Mar 31 2017

it "shouldn't" if people knew. The people that upgraded specifically for the house upgrade have no indication that they can't keep it forever and since that quote was back in February I'm guessing they will never get one. Seems shady tbh. Idk why they seem to keep overlooking store details. The wording is getting better than it was but then you find out shit like this.

Having a "white house" seems so ineffective. I couldn't care less what the capitol building looks like.... It can be the Cabin in the Woods for all I care. It needs room for a table and a meeting.... done.

Why pay $250 for a white house when you can get the EP and get your own damn house for $300... or build a basic house for $100 and use your in-game money to expand it. Like them making it a white house ruins the relevancy of the tiers and makes it so inefficient. Especially if your not pledged and don't have connections in your duchy.

I must say...what about the people who backed solely for the title? They're paying $500 - $10K for something that isn't permanent. There's no need to specify because it has been stated over and over again that all in-game items can be lost, destroyed or etcetera.