COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Can you build a Kingdom from scratch

If a group of players started buildin in some far off area could they eventually build a kingdom that the game recognizes or would it just be a large town?

3/30/2017 12:57:26 AM #1

The only way to make a kingdom, as of now, is to buy into the pledge or take over a NPC king if the server you join is under the 6 kingdom cap.

As of now, the world that we spawn into will be split between all the Kingdoms so there will technically not be any "independent" land available. When you spawn in you will be spawning into a Kingdom.

3/30/2017 1:00:17 AM #2

Posted By Anconia at 5:57 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

The only way to make a kingdom, as of now, is to buy into the pledge or take over a NPC king if the server you join is under the 6 kingdom cap.

As of now, the world that we spawn into will be split between all the Kingdoms so there will technically not be any "independent" land available. When you spawn in you will be spawning into a Kingdom.

That was my assumption thank you for the clarity. Time to make a really big town. On another note, have they elaborated any further on the architect tool. I plan on making a castle if possible

3/30/2017 1:03:15 AM #3

All land will be owned by a King/Queen before launch, Whether that be a PC King or an NPC King/Queen. (By the looks of things most likely a PC King/Queen) However, with a lot of time, patience, and a good strategic plan, it is possible to take overthrow a Kingdom. Not an easy feat of course but it is definitely possible.

From what I know of CoE I don't believe it will be possible to establish your own Kingdom though.

/ / Edited to add: Once again someone beat me too it. heh There has been no updates as to when we will be able to get our hands on the architect tool. Sorry.

3/30/2017 1:43:23 AM #4

Posted By Soichi at

If a group of players started buildin in some far off area could they eventually build a kingdom that the game recognizes or would it just be a large town?

There are means to make yourself independent. However, they are not easy.

3/30/2017 1:45:19 AM #5

I assume you should be able to create your own kingdom once the new continents are discovered. Either by conquest or colonization, I don't know.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/30/2017 2:01:44 AM #6

There's a set amount of kings at any given time, though I'm not sure about other nobility.

That being said, it's possible to build a kingdom from scratch, but it would require a complete collapse of an existing kingdom, and for you to somehow achieve the title of king and rebuild it.

3/30/2017 2:15:46 AM #7

Posted By Shady Clown at 6:45 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

I assume you should be able to create your own kingdom once the new continents are discovered. Either by conquest or colonization, I don't know.

I am not sure of the source but I am pretty certain I have heard or read that upon the discovery of new continents, they will already have leadership established being it might only be an NPC King/Queen. I will try to find the source but it was some time ago I encountered it. :)

3/30/2017 2:53:43 AM #8

Posted By Scheneighnay at 10:01 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

There's a set amount of kings at any given time, though I'm not sure about other nobility.

That being said, it's possible to build a kingdom from scratch, but it would require a complete collapse of an existing kingdom, and for you to somehow achieve the title of king and rebuild it.

there isn't, there's a set amount of every rank at launch, but if at launch dukes in a kingdom go at war and split a kingdom 3 way, well they become 3 different kingdoms

3/30/2017 2:56:37 AM #9

Posted By CountFrancisDrake at 9:53 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

there isn't, there's a set amount of every rank at launch, but if at launch dukes in a kingdom go at war and split a kingdom 3 way, well they become 3 different kingdoms

It's been stated that while you can call yourself a king, the game's mechanics only recognize a set amount of legitimate kings at once.

Something to do with rings or something like that.

3/30/2017 3:20:15 AM #10

Posted By Soichi at

could they eventually build a kingdom that the game recognizes

No but if you have a force large, geared, organized and skilled enough you could attack any existing kingdom and take it for yourself.

Note however that, even if successful in the above mentioned endeavour, this kingdom could end up being taken away from you in the same way at a later date.

Running a kingdom and keeping it safe and strong will not be an easy task. It will be about a lot more than just "building a castle".

3/30/2017 4:23:18 AM #11

Posted By Scheneighnay at 7:56 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

It's been stated that while you can call yourself a king, the game's mechanics only recognize a set amount of legitimate kings at once.

This was what i was mainly concerned with. My goal is to draw out plans for a kingdom sized guild for me and my friends and there friends. I don't however want the fame associated with being king as i like adventuring and map making.

3/30/2017 8:47:37 AM #12

The easiest route to doing so would be dividing an existing kingdom in two. For example, pick the biggest kingdom you can. Gain the support of the surrounding dukes etc until you're in a strong enough position. Negotiate with your neighbor and gain their support for your planned independance, then start your war...

3/30/2017 11:32:14 AM #13

Posted By Soichi at 11:23 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

Posted By Scheneighnay at 7:56 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

This was what i was mainly concerned with. My goal is to draw out plans for a kingdom sized guild for me and my friends and there friends. I don't however want the fame associated with being king as i like adventuring and map making.

The fame is a requirement for being a king. You can't even make a claim for a kingdom until you are famous and powerful enough. And if you succeed at capturing (or maybe later forging) the ring your multiplier will bump to 32x.

Being a king or queen is not a job for someone who wants to spend a lot of time adventuring. You'll be spending dozens and dozens of hours per week in your throne room just handling the business of the kingdom.

3/30/2017 12:09:10 PM #14

I'll second what Kaynadin said but add that if you really want to be a king and adventure at the same time you can make an alt adventurer. The higher tier packages even come with extra souls and sparks that are ideal for that purpose.

3/30/2017 12:51:22 PM #15

Maybe what some people need is a city state. Kingdoms are groups of tens of thousands of people and if you have 20,000 friends and family in game you should be able to take a kingdom for yourself. But if that group is only 500 people you could pack them all into a large city and could see where you may want some autonomy.

There are no city states now, but maybe SBS could open up something like that in the future with enough research by players into contract writing or something.