COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How did you find CoE?

I have seen a larger influx of new players to the forums and would like to welcome all of you!

I thought it would be interesting to see where both old and new community members first learned about CoE!

My first introduction was by Lazy Peon's top 10 upcoming MMOs video. He linked this Kickstarter Video. It has come a long way since then!

3/30/2017 9:31:11 PM #16

I heard about it before the kickstarter, but I never looked into the game until Pax.

What have I done?!

Tartarus

3/30/2017 9:46:08 PM #17

Posted By Coldwren at 6:31 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

I heard about it before the kickstarter, but I never looked into the game until Pax.

What have I done?!

It's still a good time to jump into the game development. Just read the dev journals.

3/31/2017 12:01:29 AM #18

I was bored and decided to browse through kickstarter and found the coe campaign three days before it ended. I was hooked immediately.

3/31/2017 12:22:25 AM #19

Honestly, I don't remember. It might have been mentioned by someone or maybe just browsing for upcoming MMO's. Either way I had it bookmarked for a long time and read some of the news articles posted on the site before finally jumping in. I'm glad I did.

3/31/2017 1:47:35 AM #20

I found CoE from MMORPG when it was first listed under 'Newly Listed Games' many moons ago.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

3/31/2017 1:52:18 AM #21

I was following another promising mmo, and all I knew at the time was of the aging/death system of CoE. It wasnt until my friend told me there will be similarities to swg.(my first and all time favourite mmo)

After reading up on all the dev journals and any other bit of info I was hooked. Now I just look at the other mmo hoping it comes out before CoE so I can atleast play a little, because once CoE is out, itll be the only game I play.

Short story, through a friend.

Kingdom: Alesia
Duchy: Rhyddid
County: Draken's Landing
Settlement: Drakenshire

3/31/2017 3:27:59 AM #22

My bro tell me he was interested in Black Desert, so I look it up on youtube. In one of the videos, I read a comment that CoE is way better, so I looked up everything related to CoE . That was more than a year ago XD

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

3/31/2017 3:44:02 PM #23

Posted By Malkraz at 01:16 AM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Saw some of Electric Bear's videos and linked them to my friend, then discovered the founders were Jeromy and Eddie who had taught art and programming classes we took back in 2010-11. What a trip it was to discover people I knew 6 years ago were making the MMO I always wanted.

Wait that's funny hahahah I didn't know they were teaching. I wonder if that's where they met ?

3/31/2017 4:02:40 PM #24

In November of 2016, Spongehunter, Apollo's GL sent out an email saying he was interested in CoE. Within 72 hours we had 40+members bought and paid for.

3/31/2017 4:08:44 PM #25

A good friend of mine talked to me about CoE, thats how i found out about the game, now that i am up to speed on the progress of the game, i just cant wait!

3/31/2017 4:23:01 PM #26

Was on MMORPG site looking for a new TheHiveleader video and saw an article about COE.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

3/31/2017 9:22:36 PM #27

My friend was on vanilla WOW and someone mentioned this game. Then my friend told me. pretty amazing story. wow.

xd

4/1/2017 11:02:51 PM #28

From Imgur

4/2/2017 1:35:16 AM #29

Google search, well before the Kickstarter. I had been relentlessly looking for an MMO that catered more to role players, as opposed to the grind for gear and PVP. Upon stumbling onto CoE and researching every bit of information I could get my hands on, I fell in love with the concept and came to learn this is the perfect game for us roleplayers. Next thing I knew Kickstarted started and my wallet opened. heh

4/2/2017 2:02:01 AM #30

friend texted me link of one of the very early DM21 videos of COE text was like:" dude found our dream game!"