COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
What if a king, or any important person were to perma die?

I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, but, I just wanted to know if a king were to perma-die, would there be some sort of event for the king's heir to be brought onto the throne and into power? I don't know if this has been answered anywhere, so if it has...idk.

3/30/2017 6:03:13 PM #1

Assuming they have enough story points to inhabit there heir, yes.

otherwise no.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/10316/Down-the-rabbit-hole

3/30/2017 6:09:29 PM #2

There will always be an heir. But the heir may not be played by the same player who played the king. How heirs work is a little confused in my mind, since SBS has changed their minds about a few things, and been a little vague on some details, but as I understand it, you will set up a will in game and designate a primary and secondary heir from your family (the secondary heir would rule if the primary has also been killed, or is not yet of age). If they are NPCs, you can lock their code and choose to awaken one of them and play that as your new character.

Edit: I assume players will come up with some sort of in game protocol to announce the new ruler to the people. Maybe a coronation?

Shieldwall Strong!

3/30/2017 6:39:58 PM #3

This is why i predict one of the first things most king-pledgers will do is prioritize the best method to farm story points to ensure their continued rule over their own kingdom even through permadeath.

3/30/2017 6:41:16 PM #4

Posted By Vucar at 1:39 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

This is why i predict one of the first things most king-pledgers will do is prioritize the best method to farm story points to ensure their continued rule over their own kingdom even through permadeath.

I doubt anyone, kings especially, would have any trouble with story points.

3/30/2017 6:44:36 PM #5

Story Points are currently "farmed" by doing anything that gains skill or awards an achievement.

Story Points are also awarded for participation in certain story arcs.

So we've made it particularly simple to gain Story Points - be online playing.

3/30/2017 7:26:01 PM #6

The roleplay opportunities seem vast. Scheduling the funeral, having a coronation, having all the vassals in to swear fealty to the new ruler, etc. I look forward to what folks come up with!

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

3/30/2017 7:42:41 PM #7

Posted By Wooga at 2:26 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

The roleplay opportunities seem vast. Scheduling the funeral, having a coronation, having all the vassals in to swear fealty to the new ruler, etc. I look forward to what folks come up with!

And someone making a 45 minute long youtube video of the whole affair.

3/30/2017 7:46:17 PM #8

Posted By Blankwindow at 1:42 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Question is, which kingdom will have the most elaborate ceremonies for all this?

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

3/30/2017 7:48:40 PM #9

Posted By Ruthgar at 2:46 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Question is, which kingdom will have the most elaborate ceremonies for all this?

We'll have to wait and see I guess.

though I would guess one of the RP heavy kingdoms on NA-W or EU.

3/30/2017 9:16:57 PM #10

/sigh I really need to find a spouse to handle the RP elements of this stuff. I personally would rather spend my time ruling or working on my skills instead of the pageantry associated with a noble rank.

3/30/2017 10:28:14 PM #11

Posted By Malais at 4:16 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

/sigh I really need to find a spouse to handle the RP elements of this stuff. I personally would rather spend my time ruling or working on my skills instead of the pageantry associated with a noble rank.

Or just join a group that doesn't require that bullshit.

3/30/2017 10:31:13 PM #12

The issue may be the timing required to retrieve the body and set up a feast etc...

Much easier to plan if we allow characters to suicide. Or to allow someone to kill them without penalty in an RP event.

Actually... Someone add that to a feature request list. I want to be able to /duel, /cdgduel, and /permadeathduel

3/31/2017 12:41:29 AM #13

Posted By Caspian at 1:44 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Story Points are currently "farmed" by doing anything that gains skill or awards an achievement.

You madman.

3/31/2017 2:42:51 AM #14

Posted By Caspian at 2:44 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Are there mechanics to where owners get story points for things done in their building? So if I own a tavern will I get SP for like people coming in and doing what ever is done for a tavern automatically? or will I have to sit down and be a bartender/cook/whatever.

I think it would be a nice mechanic if owning something gave you SP. Another example being, owning acres and acres of farm that fill the stomachs of everyone in the city single handedly but you pay laborers to do the actual farming. While your not actually farming it would be nice to get sp for making it happen because without you, that farm wouldn't be there and who knows what the county would be doing or if it could have even gotten as big as it is w/o your food. On top of you creating jobs and giving experience/gameplay to the community.

I don't know anymore.

3/31/2017 10:06:40 AM #15

So in theory I could lose my title of I don't have enough sp to inherit my heir?