COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA-E] Grimsgil

This Forum post is updated frequently and prone to Drastic changes

* Paragraph below is currently being updated*

Origin of Wolffberg clan and Grimsgil

Wolffberg clan is a Viking clan that uses its military prowess to overcome challenges. They thrive on adversity and will seek it out for the glory of a great tale to tell the tribe. This mindset leads to the construction of Grimsgil, which was established in the 700th year of the 4th age. The Wolffberg clan’s primary goal with this stronghold was to create a bulwark, durable like a Hrothi fortress, yet with the technological advancements of the Neran. The Wolfberg clan’s calvary is fearsome due to their excellent horsemanship gained from fleeing the chaos of the free kingdom.

Note: Many things will be updated when DJ has been release

The three branches of Grimsgil Military and other info:

Armed Forces

The Armed Forces are the bulwark to the Stronghold. They will be trained to be adaptive to the current situation and to never run from a fight unless an advantage can be seen in such an action.

Intelligence branch

Intelligence Branch is be made up of explorers, scouts, and researchers. This will be the only branch that will have a mixture of civilians and military personnel. They will be in charge of communication between all branches and record keeping as well.

Logistic branch

Logistic Branch will be made up of trader and merchants. This branch will be task with delivering high demand goods to maintain or advance our military capability.

Civilians will not be required to know combat but will have access or exposure to it if they are interested in learning to defend themselves from the dangers of Elyria.

Academy

The military academy will focus on various combat styles for any combat situation to make our soldiers diverse and agile, but will mainly be training soldiers to hone and improve their cloak and dagger techniques. The military academy will also require all soldiers to take advanced warfare classes to learn and deploy various strategic and tactical maneuvers needed in PvP. Academy is also open to Civilians as well.

Trials of Grimsgil

This trial is to allow soldiers with skill and dedication to progress higher in the military branch. There are three branches a soldier/civilian can attempt to go down: Armed Forces, Intelligence, Logistic. The Trial will take place in a location chosen by the Baron.

Armed Forces Ranks

Soldier

Your generic military branch that will partake in patrols, guard duty and any other Military situations requested of them by the Baron or higher-ups.

Archer

Archers will be the rank that will be required to learn the Longbow as their main weapon and will only be fighting defensively

Combat Medic

Are typically off the battlefield tending to the wounded and will see little to no combat

Officer

Officers will have the most direct contact with soldiers and will lead them into battle or coordinate defenses given by the Warden of War.

Officer of Arms

Officer of Arms is 3rd in command within their respected branch and will carry out all task given to them by their Warden.

Intelligence Branch ranks

Archive Keeper

Keeper of all knowledge about Grimsgil

Explorer

Will explore the unknown regions of Elyria and report their knowledge of the land to Scribe and finding to the Warden of Knowledge.

Assassin[ being updated]

Scout

Will Scout Friendly and Hostile territory for hostile and may be task track their movements. I will report to both Warden of War and Warden of Knowledge (depending on the situation at hand)

Reseacher

They will be task to research new technology to advance the military and the county itself further

Logistic Branch Ranks

Overseer

Overseer is the highest ranking Officer in Logistic and will be working directly with Warden of Commerce

Coin collector[being updated]

Merchant

Will pretty much be independent on how to run their business. They will have to report all Financial aspect of their business to an Overseer or the Warden of Commerce for documentation purpose

Traveling Merchant

Traveling Merchant is pretty the same as Merchant expect they may be asked to help with military caravans as they are the experts to trade routes

Craftsman

Craftsman will be either independent or contracted, whichever they prefer

*If you're interested in Logistic or new to the game, feel free to check the economy section of this link for the basic on how the economy works in this game. *

Warden(Generals):

There will be 3 Warden that will lead the military in their respective branches while working together as a whole.

Warden of Knowledge

In charge of keeping archives and ensuring all information is relaying correctly and accurately to the other branches

Warden of War

Is in Charge of the Armed forces and will be responsible for all defenses and also ensure all troops gear is at peak performance.

Warden of Commerce

Is in charge of inventory of all supply, managing trade routes, and working with merchants from other cities/ counties to ensure a steady flow of supplies.

About the Baron of Grimsgil

I am Ulf Wolffberg, the current Baron of Grimsgil. I am 24 in real life and been playing MMOs since 2003. I spend most of my time doing PvP (Player vs. Player) as I found that the most entertaining on a personal opinion. I have lead several raiding groups in varies games. Archeage and Guild Wars 2 the most current ones. I also play simulation, strategy, and Survival games when not the mood to play MMOs. A couple of games I played would be Evony, 7DTD, Civ 5, and a little bit of EvE online (trust me, this game requires strategy).

Religion

You will have the right to choose your religion in my stronghold as I feel this is something that shouldn't be forced upon people but allows them to express who they want to be in Coe. Which also meshes very well with my belief in diversity in my stronghold, which I will be upholding in Grimsgil.

R&D/ Schooling Program

Master Craftsmen will be given Contract/s to do Government work such as Creating Siege of war(Defense or Offense), Architectural engineering of a building, Trade and Revenue, Fashion(Costumes) or advanced armor, Etc. Craftsmen below Master craftsmen will be given an opportunity to either work at an R&D facility innovating new technology or perfecting techniques already known. They will also be given a chance to teach at schools with the curriculum learned at the R&D facility keeping modern apprentice craftsman up-to-date with current technology and techniques.

Discord Links:

Foo

Informative links:

Foo

Foo

Foo

BUT WAIT! THERE MORE DOWN BELOW!

5/5/2017 12:00:28 PM #1

Love your write up Ulf. Best of luck!

Jed

5/7/2017 6:59:02 PM #2

Coming soon

5/19/2017 9:25:35 PM #3

reserved

7/11/2017 9:40:45 PM #4

Tribe and Biome

Coming Soon

7/12/2017 3:10:31 PM #5

This looks great! Really interested in joining up and helping with exploration as well as taking combat training.

Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living, the other helps you make a life.

1/13/2018 7:07:24 PM #6

Excellent! I look forward to working with you. Particularly like the idea of the R&D/ Schooling Program.

Friend Code: FAE9AA

1/15/2018 12:03:27 AM #7

Expecting a good scouting school out of this place, might send some citizens your way for some survival skills training.

2/5/2018 12:31:23 PM #8

Meow!