COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Sword Or Shield

This message is to those who rule over the Counts. I can be your Sword or Shield, I can be your your greatest asset. I can be the vassal in which you your will is executed through out the kingdom. I can be these things or i can be your greatest rival, your bitter enemy. I can also be your greatest ally. I will have my kingdom one day. When i do, i will remember who stood in my way and who helped to elevate me. Take the throne or kneel before it. those are your options.

i will be king

3/31/2017 7:19:25 AM #1

How many threads are you gonna make

Melonlujah!

🍉78B7C3

Kingdom of Aranor
3/31/2017 7:19:59 AM #2

As many as i want

i will be king

3/31/2017 7:35:36 AM #3

Your dancing skills are poor to say the least. Not even sure if you're trying to join a kingdom at this point or still starting a rebellion.

3/31/2017 8:25:40 AM #4

Aka Dear Dukes,

I can pretend to be your bestie!

I pinkie swear to help you take over whomever you choose with a smile!

Hope to hear from you soon! Hugs! Count Vane

P.S. I will totes remember that you placed your trust in me and when I pull off this whole mutiny thing to take over the Kingdom I will let you serve me. Win win!

3/31/2017 8:43:14 AM #5

Posted By Cassonetta at 09:25 AM - Fri Mar 31 2017

Aka Dear Dukes,

I can pretend to be your bestie!

I pinkie swear to help you take over whomever you choose with a smile!

Hope to hear from you soon! Hugs! Count Vane

P.S. I will totes remember that you placed your trust in me and when I pull off this whole mutiny thing to take over the Kingdom I will let you serve me. Win win!

I have taken the count under my wing to guide him on how CoE works my friend.

3/31/2017 8:51:45 AM #6

Pretty easy since you share the same wing. You act like you don't know him in other threads then defend him and now you are his mentor... hmmm mkay

3/31/2017 8:57:22 AM #7

Posted By Cassonetta at 09:51 AM - Fri Mar 31 2017

Pretty easy since you share the same wing. You act like you don't know him in other threads then defend him and now you are his mentor... hmmm mkay

Talked to him on discord.

I like helping newbs.

3/31/2017 12:52:23 PM #8

I came here for a discussion about the historical uses of swords and shield.... and instead I read the second thread from this guy.

EDIT: Christ, how many threads are you going to make?!

3/31/2017 1:53:18 PM #9

Yeah I was hoping for a weapons discussion instead it's a lesson on telegraphing your attacks. Which we could turn into a weapons discussion....

So, what fighting style do you thing is the easiest to predict? Sword and board? Two handed weapons? Comment below.

3/31/2017 2:02:41 PM #10

Broad i think would be easiest to predict.

i will be king

3/31/2017 2:37:41 PM #11

All wrong. Depends on the fighter. Tip, arm, then legs are the order of motion when swinging any weapon. You don't punch with your weapon when you swing, you move the tip first then everything else goes with it. Another note, with sword and board, you can hide the point of your sword under your shield. When facing your opponent, you always have your shield in front, usually pointing at their face. With that you can hide the line of sight of your weapon as depicted here in the I.33 (or as it is sometimes referred to as the Walpurgis Fechtbuch or The Tower Fechtbuch)

Some of the later fighters from the Italian schools like the Bolognese sometimes press their bucklers to their chest though, but always brings it out when they swing.

3/31/2017 3:12:59 PM #12

I would think a flail would be the most telegraphed weapon type. No option to thrust, you need to wind up to strike...

3/31/2017 4:04:34 PM #13

This guy is delusional

At least he is correct in naming himself Vane

3/31/2017 4:15:46 PM #14

Posted By Kayadine at 09:04 AM - Fri Mar 31 2017

This guy is delusional

At least he is correct in naming himself Vane

Delusional probably, vane maybe, but when i do what i need to do and succeed what will you call me then? Besides King

i will be king

3/31/2017 8:32:24 PM #15

Posted By CountCharlesVane at 12:15 PM - Fri Mar 31 2017

Posted By Kayadine at 09:04 AM - Fri Mar 31 2017

This guy is delusional

Delusional probably, vane maybe, but when i do what i need to do and succeed what will you call me then? Besides King

Will I call you king?

... will I kneel at your throne?

Will I call you friend?

... will I aid you to your ends?

Will I call you enemy?

... will I slice you to the bone?

Will I call you ill advised?

... will I help you make ammends?

I shall call you none of these,

I shall call you fool.

A fool is what you are, you see?

A simple-minded tool.