COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Crafters

Are there any lonesome crafters out there? If so, what do you want to be and how do you want to live your first life?

Guild Master

4/1/2017 12:25:53 AM #1

While mainstream crafting will be very useful in CoE I personally feel that the person or group that can find that niche and fill it for the player base will be very successful, say a PaperMaker for the scribes, Candle/Lantern maker, Glassblower, and Undertaker. These are not what I would call mainstream crafters however I see that the will definitely fit that niche and may always be in need.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

4/1/2017 12:37:00 AM #2

Honestly, I feel as if those jobs will be doubled down on the mainstream crafters. I don't feel as if there will be crafters whose main focus is papermaking, candle/lantern maker, etc. For example, Being a blacksmith myself, I can easily create lanterns and blow glass simply because it is in my forge and does not necessarily take a lot of skill to do outside of my skill-set, therefore it will most likely be absorbed by it.

Guild Master

10/27/2018 11:52:48 PM #3

I know this is an old post, but now there are no minigames and they say they are making it as close to real as practical, so i'd imagine that for glassblowing you would need a special forge/kiln/whatever to do so, and the player skill, character skill, patterns and techniques to do so.

In the kingdom of Kairos, in the Dutchy of Moonhaven, in the county of Foxwater, in the Brotherhood of the Fallen Blade, I am a blacksmith.

Friend code because why not: 158D0B

10/28/2018 3:27:42 AM #4

I was originally going to be a road builder. But with roads being something that is purchased directly, then no point.

So I will probably go architect, as I am good at sims, and that’s what the architect program is loosely based on.

10/28/2018 3:30:24 AM #5

Posted By DanielBlack at 8:27 PM - Sat Oct 27 2018

I was originally going to be a road builder. But with roads being something that is purchased directly, then no point.

So I will probably go architect, as I am good at sims, and that’s what the architect program is loosely based on.

You could still be a road builder. In fact I think that will be a highly overlooked profession.

Just because many main roads will pop into existence at Expo doesn't mean there cannot be other new ones after full launch.

Plus maintenance on roads is going to be extremely important. If there are main thoroughfares then you could probably make a living just repairing the "Elyrian interstate" over and over

10/28/2018 3:33:37 AM #6

Posted By Labbe at 10/28/2018 3:30:24 AM

Posted By DanielBlack at 8:27 PM - Sat Oct 27 2018

You could still be a road builder. In fact I think that will be a highly overlooked profession.

Just because many main roads will pop into existence at Expo doesn't mean there cannot be other new ones after full launch.

Plus maintenance on roads is going to be extremely important. If there are main thoroughfares then you could probably make a living just repairing the "Elyrian interstate" over and over

redacted by Caspian