COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
URL posting

i noticed this error when i tried to edit a post of mine to have no text in attempt to delete the comment, i would just like to say that this was a vary smart change to stop URL spammers, so, thank you.

"Sorry, Something went wrong. Note: Posting a URL requires at least 250 influence."

no real issue. just a thank you, and a hope that either i am to slow to see the delete button or that one will be added to delete comments that have already been posted once the v3.0 site goes live.

4/6/2017 9:57:30 AM #1

Ohh that is a great change!

Though I hope they do not allow people to delete comments. Leads to too much trolling. At least now you can see the other player posted even if they do completely edit their post.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

4/6/2017 10:08:05 AM #2

true i hadn't even thought of that.

4/6/2017 10:40:25 AM #3

I would prefer it to be a post number requirement for links. I haven't pledged yet, partially because I have been waiting and feeling things out. I can't post links anymore just because of the odd spam thread. It was seriously like 1 thread a day, its not like it was hard to moderate.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

4/6/2017 10:44:02 AM #4

it still made it look like they weren't moderating, i'm sure there were way more spam posts than just the ones we saw. seems pretty rational to me. also if it went by post count they might simply just spam posts of nothing in order to be able to post their urls.