COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
To: Devs; I want to exploit the system.

Hey Devs! I want to exploit your system.

No not me. But someone else might try it?

To keep this short. I buy King/Queen package. (Or any package with higher tier) I send my items that I got from the packages to another character. I get my access to the game revoked temporarily (say I was playing the game improperly) Go to credit card company and say "I bought this item but can't use it and want a refund" CC company gives refund. Lost account privs. Still have things from pledge package on other account amounting to over $400 or more.

You're welcome.

4/9/2017 8:03:52 PM #1

Posted By Aliass at

To keep this short. I buy King/Queen package. (Or any package with higher tier) I send my items that I got from the packages to another character. I get my access to the game revoked temporarily (say I was playing the game improperly) Go to credit card company and say "I bought this item but can't use it and want a refund" CC company gives refund. Lost account privs. Still have things from pledge package on other account amounting to over $400 or more.

You're welcome.

I see a couple of ways this can be stopped or battled: A) Dispute the return to the CC company; B) remove the gifted items from the game (i imagine there will be a log somewhere of where the items were sent)

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

4/9/2017 8:04:22 PM #2

It seems unlikely to me that the credit card company is going to allow that. People get banned from MMOs all the time.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

4/9/2017 8:07:41 PM #3

Posted By KipFoE at 4:03 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at

You're welcome.

I see a couple of ways this can be stopped or battled: A) Dispute the return to the CC company; B) remove the gifted items from the game (i imagine there will be a log somewhere of where the items were sent)

a) How can you dispute that? b) doesn't mean you have a log of where items go from one account to the next

4/9/2017 8:08:14 PM #4

Posted By jjffjhjf at 4:04 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

It seems unlikely to me that the credit card company is going to allow that. People get banned from MMOs all the time.

It can still happen.

4/9/2017 8:10:02 PM #5

You can dispute it because they broke the terms of service, and the items they have bought were advertised as all being able give list in game.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

4/9/2017 8:12:31 PM #6

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 4:10 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

You can dispute it because they broke the terms of service, and the items they have bought were advertised as all being able give list in game.

What terms of service were broken? About the second part, no idea what you meant.

4/9/2017 8:21:47 PM #7

Posted By Aliass at 3:07 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at

You're welcome.

a) How can you dispute that? b) doesn't mean you have a log of where items go from one account to the next

We a cc company receives a request for a refund, it sends a notification to the business that it is taking the funds back from. That business can dispute the return of the funds to you. There is a process you can use within the cc company or just go the legal, law suit route. b) i bet it would be tracked: who sent what to where; a quick database search could show if your account sent something; though what would trigger this search is another issue; maybe a cc dispute would trigger the search

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

4/9/2017 8:25:51 PM #8

Posted By KipFoE at 4:21 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at

You're welcome.

We a cc company receives a request for a refund, it sends a notification to the business that it is taking the funds back from. That business can dispute the return of the funds to you. There is a process you can use within the cc company or just go the legal, law suit route. b) i bet it would be tracked: who sent what to where; a quick database search could show if your account sent something; though what would trigger this search is another issue; maybe a cc dispute would trigger the search

Why can they dispute anything?

The user bought services with the idea that they were receiving and were using said services. The user lost the priviledge to those services (purposely or not) and asked for a refund because they no longer had access to said services.

The cc company would most likely give the refund.

The point is in that the user sent the other items (even EP) over to the other account before doing... um, user has to purposely get their accounts revoked nvm...

4/9/2017 8:29:29 PM #9

Considering most modern MMOs log nearly everything, I bet if they were bothered they could track the items down.

Is it worth it? $15, probably not. $500, I'd guess so. $10k, yeah they are gonna get to the bottom of it.

Either way, your proposed "plan" is kind of weak.

I expected someone proclaiming they will exploit/break the game by "hacking".

4/9/2017 8:30:21 PM #10

Posted By Aliass at 3:25 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at

You're welcome.

The user bought services with the idea that they were receiving and were using said services. The user lost the priviledge to those services (purposely or not) and asked for a refund because they no longer had access to said services.

The point is in that the user sent the other items (even EP) over to the other account before doing... um, user has to purposely get their accounts revoked nvm...

CC companies have processes that allow the companies to dispute a refund request; because of the exact type of scenario your laying out here.

of someone trying to get their money back because they were banned.

Or other similar fucktardary, where they don't deserve a refund.

4/9/2017 8:30:53 PM #11

Posted By Kyxsune at 4:29 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Considering most modern MMOs log nearly everything, I bet if they were bothered they could track the items down.

Is it worth it? $15, probably not. $500, I'd guess so. $10k, yeah they are gonna get to the bottom of it.

Either way, your proposed "plan" is kind of weak.

I expected someone proclaiming they will exploit/break the game by "hacking".

It may be weak, but it may be something that works. In either case it's cheating and breaking the game. No one wants that.

4/9/2017 8:30:56 PM #12

Posted By Aliass at 4:25 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at

You're welcome.

Have you ever tried to get a refund with that logic? it doesn't work. (personal experience)

4/9/2017 8:31:58 PM #13

Posted By Blankwindow at 4:30 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at 3:25 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at

You're welcome.

CC companies have processes that allow the companies to dispute a refund request; because of the exact type of scenario your laying out here.

What is SBS going to say to have the other user unable to do these things? I'd really like to know.

4/9/2017 8:32:46 PM #14

Posted By Kyxsune at 4:30 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at 4:25 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

Posted By Aliass at

You're welcome.

Have you ever tried to get a refund with that logic? it doesn't work. (personal experience)

Yes but without the movement of items and account things.

4/9/2017 8:32:49 PM #15

Posted By Aliass at

You're welcome.

I don't think you're as clever as you think you are.