COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
How deep is the crafting system?

As far as I'm aware I can't really see anything about the depth of the crafting systen, probably because they haven't finished it yet. But...

I'm pondering the thought of dabbling in alchemy, but specializing in toxicology. So creating toxins and poisons not just for bad reasons, maybe a pesticide for example.

Now I want to know would i be able to draft a rare type of poison unbeknownst to others, and they would have to try find a cure for the victim.

Be kind of shitty if theres like a couple poisons per biome everyone finds the cure for them and then poison becomes useless. What about the poison assassination entrepreneurs.

Thoughts?

Bloodline Backer - Pure Weapon Smith (Currently unaligned) - Australian.

4/10/2017 1:42:21 AM #1

There will be some that will be rare. I'm sure some people will use their design experience to make rare poison too.

4/10/2017 1:59:41 AM #2

You are right in that the information on something this specific is a bit lacking at the moment, because yes, the game is still being worked on. From the information we have seen, you will likely be able to create an obscure poison like you described.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

4/10/2017 2:27:47 AM #3

You should invent iocane powder. For reasons.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

4/10/2017 2:48:27 AM #4

Just don't invent Sarin gas or you'll get tomahawks thrown at you.

4/10/2017 3:18:52 AM #5

I really like the pesticide idea. Also. The idea that you can specialize and stuff like that. Interesting stuff

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

4/10/2017 3:24:25 AM #6

Gotta remember too. If you make a poison in the desert and export it to another type of biome chances are any cure for it must come from the desert as well.

4/10/2017 3:52:52 AM #7

I had this cool scenario in my head where as an alchemist i was sort after to bring a cure to fix up the king who had become sick. Someone hit me up for a better offer to poison the king, and so i cired the king of his illness whilst releasing a slow but lethal poison. And the city ends frantically trying to save the king but the poison has been crafted by a master alchemist and was too hard etc

Bloodline Backer - Pure Weapon Smith (Currently unaligned) - Australian.

4/10/2017 4:06:45 AM #8

Sounds possible. Also sounds like a poor idea on that King's part to not have alchemical staff on hand to cross-check that medicine hehe.

4/10/2017 7:46:30 PM #9

The fun thing with a low-dose, slow-acting poison hidden in a medicine is that it'd be very difficult to figure out whether it's lethal without an advanced chemical analysis, which would be anywhere between very difficult and expensive to downright impossible in a medieval setting. Unless you already know said poison and got a standard test to prove whether it's there, but is that feasible for all available poisons?

Alt text