COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Vampire & werewolf

Firstly i believe there is no cure for vampires since the process literally removes their soul. Once a vampire as long as you continue to feed on the souls of others you will live, which means they are the most vile creatures in Elyira due to the fact they literally steal your money. Secondly Vampires can only attack at night as the daylight kills them so if a vampire horde (i believe if enough dark players found they can become vampires and the kingdom did nothing to stop it, it would happen) began to swarm a city at night and managed to get inside the walls, it would be carnage and essentially a whole city could be wiped out , entire villages disappear and if people role play hard enough then noone would know what happened. Werewolves are not nearly as dangerous as vampires and i believe that a cure can be found and widely available. simply because due to the lore there is a disease that causes werewolves to be werewolves and as with vampires they only come out at night.They may kill you but if they only bite or scratch you, you can become one and if you grow tired of it you can seek a cure. that's what i believe on both those topics, please correct me if i am wrong.

For King and Country

4/11/2017 6:32:18 PM #1

What you have posted is a guess, at best.

Ultimately, we know basically nothing about how Vampires and Werewolves will work in Elyria.

To Vampires...

We know that vampires steal souls....aaaand that's about it.

We don't know how vampires are affected by the sun, or if they can eventually reach the point of being a High Daylight Walker that can ignore it. Does it instantly kill them? Burn them over time? Simply inconvenience them?

We don't know what weaknesses a vampire has, or what its immune to. Silver? Holy Symbols? Acts of Faith? Garlic? Running Water? Stake to the Heart? Decapitation?

We don't know how contagious vampirism is, or how it is spread in the first place. For all we know it could be a supernatural effect that cannot be spread by a vampire, but only by seeking and mastering a ritual to change yourself.

To Werewolves...

We don't know if werewolves can control themselves

We don't know if they can shift at will, or only with the full moon.

We don't know how contagious lycanthropy is, or (as with the vampires) if it is normally contagious at all.

In short....the only thing beyond 'vampires steal souls' that we know about Vampires and Werewolves is that they are exceedingly rare to the point that they are considered a myth. Otherwise, everything people claim to know about the two is drawn from their understanding of Earth Legends...Elyria is Not Earth. There's no reason to expect that things will work the same way.

Knowing what I can do isn’t the same thing as knowing what I can’t do.

4/11/2017 7:42:50 PM #2

touche

For King and Country

4/11/2017 7:54:59 PM #3

Forget what Q&A it was but pretty sure Caspian said no shape shifting back and forth.

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious."

4/11/2017 9:20:13 PM #4

Back and forth transformations may not be possible. But with that in mind, we might see a 'Ginger Snaps' or 'Wolf' werewolf transformation where a character becomes irreversibly more bestial until a cure can be found, if there is one.

Ultimately the result could be similar to becoming a vampire.

• I'm big enough to forgive you. But I'm not stupid enough to trust you again. (A29D00/#9056)
4/11/2017 11:04:20 PM #5

It's the Were-CannisRabbit I'm worried about! Don't want my shins gnawed off under the full moon....

DPBoD2.jpg

4/11/2017 11:05:51 PM #6

Posted By guildsbounty at 1:32 PM - Tue Apr 11 2017

We don't know how contagious vampirism is, or how it is spread in the first place. For all we know it could be a supernatural effect that cannot be spread by a vampire, but only by seeking and mastering a ritual to change yourself.

I think it was mentioned wasn't it that a vampire can either drain small quantities of the soul or devour the whole thing, and when a players soul is devoured by a vampire they themselves become a vampire.

But as to how the first vampire comes about, who knows?

4/12/2017 1:43:12 AM #7

Kewl. Want to help us figure it all out?

Bah BAM! ---> Agravaine Academy

Here for all your supernatural curiosities.

- Shmuck

4/12/2017 2:11:37 AM #8

Posted By TheGuardian at 6:43 PM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I hope a dragon eats you for that plug

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious."

4/12/2017 2:59:21 AM #9

Posted By Fakadakalaka at 10:11 PM - Tue Apr 11 2017

Posted By TheGuardian at 6:43 PM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I hope a dragon eats you for that plug

Haha. I'd just be happy to see a dragon! Nice avatar by the by.

- Shmuck

4/12/2017 4:09:56 AM #10

Just seeing a dragon before death sounds fun

For King and Country

6/16/2019 8:39:37 AM #11

I read that vampires can take small parts of a soul to sustain them for longer, and only master vampires can steal a whole soul, greatly expanding their lifetime and transforming the prey into a vampire. But as some master vampires and even fledgling vampires will have multiple souls inside them, and we do not know if animals have souls, then we may find 2 or more vampires feeding off of each other and the wilds. As for daylight, I think it would make sense if the vampire in question was reduced to human power (or less) and/or began to lose the souls and years that it had stolen, so that some vampires would age and reduce to ash.

" you underestimate my stupidity "

-runs through minefield-

6/16/2019 1:08:03 PM #12

Arcanus is a powerful necromancer to revive this thread. Necromancy confirmed, guys.