COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Will Each Town Get It's Own Buffs?

Might towns large enough to receive the active and passive benefits receive unique buffs reflective of the type of settlement? For example, a military base might give strength or defense bonuses while a trading capital might give bonuses to a persuasion skill. This could add great flavour to the world map. Any thoughts here?

4/15/2017 7:34:56 PM #1

I read somewhere that owns with military buildings especially full on strongholda will give buffs to the speed at which combat skills are earned.

And the same towards crafting/gathering skills in towns with lots of economic buildings.

But I don't recall of that was an official comment or something somebody was theorizing.

4/15/2017 7:45:44 PM #2

I personally think this could be abused tremendously, I think the buffs must be very minimal in how they affect the players that own and run them. But I do think that that their should be some sort of buffs.

4/15/2017 7:49:56 PM #3

Posted By Demontion at 4:45 PM - Sat Apr 15 2017

I personally think this could be abused tremendously, I think the buffs must be very minimal in how they affect the players that own and run them. But I do think that that their should be some sort of buffs.

I think the buffs they have mentioned so far are mainly related to thirst and exhaustion and don't seem to be super powerful, just that you are prevented from dying. I agree effects of settlements should be minimal, it would be great to see them be context-sensitive though.

4/15/2017 8:16:39 PM #4

I did hear a rumor that you will get crafting skill progression sped up near civilian settlements, and a faster military skill gain near keeps etc :D

Good idea imo.

4/16/2017 12:22:04 AM #5

I don't think the actual town/stronghold gets buffs but instead they receive a bonus to skill progression, Civilian communities get a crafting progression increase and a stronghold gets a combat progression increase.

However I have heard rumors that Religions will give a actual bonus (not sure if it is active or passive) depending on the religion.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

4/29/2017 12:25:52 PM #6

Posted By Sullen at 8:22 PM - Sat Apr 15 2017

I don't think the actual town/stronghold gets buffs but instead they receive a bonus to skill progression, Civilian communities get a crafting progression increase and a stronghold gets a combat progression increase.

However I have heard rumors that Religions will give a actual bonus (not sure if it is active or passive) depending on the religion.

Q&A on 4/27/2017 mentioned that known religions would get benefits, but made up religions would not. (not sure this would be a buff and what the benefit would be.)

4/29/2017 12:39:21 PM #7

Do not forget about the statues we get as part of a pledge tier.

4/29/2017 3:51:30 PM #8

I do believe that it was mentioned by Caspian somewhere or another that specific buildings will give buffs to other buildings within it's range. I think it was said during a discussion of why you would not want to move around or re-class buildings in a premade town, village,or city because they were built to take advantage of the buffs.

As usual, I sort of remember something like that being said but in the fog of time I forgot exactly what. So if I am mis-remembering this please correct me.

4/29/2017 4:59:16 PM #9

Posted By RedDoggybone at 5:51 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

I do believe that it was mentioned by Caspian somewhere or another that specific buildings will give buffs to other buildings within it's range. I think it was said during a discussion of why you would not want to move around or re-class buildings in a premade town, village,or city because they were built to take advantage of the buffs.

As usual, I sort of remember something like that being said but in the fog of time I forgot exactly what. So if I am mis-remembering this please correct me.

You remember well, they also mentionned it when they talked about hanging signs and visual "livelike" things like cloth anging or barrels and such, and they were saying that those visual things would pop when the building buff will kick in.