COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Giant skeletons

So, there are apparently Titans that used to live on Titan's Steppe. Where have they gone? What killed them, is the thing that killed them still around, are they still around? Will they be a friend, an enemy? Can your spirit take over the body of a titan? Are they also a descendant of Mann? Are they siblings of Mann?

Created this thread for thoughts and discussions about the GIANT FREAKING SKELETON in the mine from Silver Run. Just like, holy hell bells.

Extra questions. added later:

Can you break the skeleton? Are the pieces of it super strong? Is there a finger bone somewhere that can be removed and hollowed out? Mining is in the game, so is digging of tunnels. Theoretically that means, you can dig out these skeletons, does that mean, someone can totally dig it out, transport it, and use it on the top of a tower?

So many questions.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

4/20/2017 2:27:31 AM #1

i think these are some really good questions. it would be sick to see a giant skeleton on a tower or something

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

4/20/2017 2:33:40 AM #2

Right? Only issue I see is that this is in Titan's Steppe... which is a place that is in the prologue. which means it is in every version of Elyria... which may mean we can't get to it via normal means since every server will have a different version of Elyria. So it may be that something happens here that makes that place incapable of being visited, at least quickly, to keep spoilers from other servers or the like. We know there is a prophetess who sees SOMETHING, likely involving Deamon, brother of Mann, and BAD THINGS, which is what the main story for the game is about. So, its hard to say what all will happen here.

All that said, a tower made from the bones of giants seems like the kind of thing that any evil monarch or lich worth their salt would be all over getting their hands on.

4/20/2017 2:34:03 AM #3

The answer is easy. There weren't many Titans to begin with, and these few Titans fell in love and mingled with the Kypiq over the centuries.

Their descendants became known as the Yoru. Meanwhile, due to the lack of mingling between the Titans themselves(Because 99% of them preferred mingling with the Kypiqs), the Titan's population slowly but surely disappeared and eventually became nothing but myths.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

4/20/2017 2:39:36 AM #4

The real questions I have. Will people be able to excavate the bones. Will the bones be able to be used as a phylactery and necromancy...a talent?

I'm not a doctor.

4/20/2017 2:41:35 AM #5

Posted By Shady Clown at 10:34 PM - Wed Apr 19 2017

The answer is easy. There weren't many Titans to begin with, and these few Titans fell in love and mingled with the Kypiq over the centuries.

Their descendants became known as the Yoru. Meanwhile, due to the lack of mingling between the Titans themselves(Because 99% of them preferred mingling with the Kypiqs), the Titan's population slowly but surely disappeared and eventually became nothing but myths.

See, now I just don't see how that would work... The skull is bigger than the adult male in the video... Significantly so... I guess male Kypiq to female titan is possible??? But like, Snu-Snu would be too much. I find this hilarious, but unlikely.

Posted By Jormungandr at 10:39 PM - Wed Apr 19 2017

The real questions I have. Will people be able to excavate the bones. Will the bones be able to be used as a phylactery and necromancy...a talent?

Oh, that would make a great phylactery, heck its survived however insane time period already, should do great in future too. I can definitely see them being used in some kind of crazy dark ritual... or possibly some really rare and powerful alchemy potions?

Maybe have close proximity to them for an extended period of time, whilst having dark karma start you on a special quest to continue whatever dark goings-on existed in the mine?

4/20/2017 3:14:02 AM #6

Heh.

4/20/2017 3:19:08 AM #7

Attack on Titan RPG

4/20/2017 3:25:58 AM #8

Posted By Caeoltoiri at 11:14 PM - Wed Apr 19 2017

Heh.

"H", "e", "H", that's 3 letters, 2 consonants and 1 vowel. 3 makes a triangle, there are 2 eyes in a normal person, and a single eye in a triangle means.... Elyrian Illuminati confirmed source of giant skeletons!

4/20/2017 3:31:38 AM #9

If you think about it, there was something that was making the mine workers go insane, maybe it is related to the Titan Bones/Skeleton?

4/20/2017 3:44:06 AM #10

Posted By nashoxx at 11:31 PM - Wed Apr 19 2017

If you think about it, there was something that was making the mine workers go insane, maybe it is related to the Titan Bones/Skeleton?

Very easily could be. We know that something related to bad times was happening there. That's why the prophetess went there and started doing stuff, which is why our character for the prologue is there. If giant evil bones are in the mine, it makes sense for them to be the cause. Course, they could ALSO be meant as guards for what's there, and we'll end up seeing them move and collapse around whatever comes out of the evil rituals involved. We don't know enough to say if they are good or bad... but yeah, usually giant skeletons in a mine, are BAD.

4/20/2017 4:43:53 AM #11

if i remember correctly there is something underground cause in the jornal about tunnel dinging and it said to becareful

" Death is only the beginning ! "

Friend Code: 488BBA

4/20/2017 6:45:30 AM #12

Though there are some cool ideas, I'd hope anything that might ruin the "atmosphere" or lore for new players won't be an option.

4/20/2017 8:56:46 AM #13

Posted By jjffjhjf at 8:25 PM - Wed Apr 19 2017

Heh.

"H", "e", "H", that's 3 letters, 2 consonants and 1 vowel. 3 makes a triangle, there are 2 eyes in a normal person, and a single eye in a triangle means.... Elyrian Illuminati confirmed source of giant skeletons!

Your leaps of logic are very athletic at least.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

4/20/2017 12:57:10 PM #14

Posted By LorenzW at 04:56 AM - Thu Apr 20 2017

Posted By jjffjhjf at 8:25 PM - Wed Apr 19 2017

Heh.

Your leaps of logic are very athletic at least.

oh yeah, I worked hard on that skill thanks, figure once it becomes an Olympic event, I'm gonna try out for it.

4/20/2017 7:41:21 PM #15

If the skeletons are from Gods that used to live in Elyria then we can rule out a lot of the religions as inaccurate. I think the Qindred is a good interpretation of the facts but mostly not fully true. Like 'Angelica' isn't really a god-being and instead was some primordial force, and overall the 'Gods/Qin' themselves aren't .. "people". I believe the God Ao is what gives us souls, for example, but "he" isn't a being at all, just a force of nature.

These Giant Skeletons can't be from Children of Mann [the sentient species we are], that's for sure. Which makes me wonder if the 'god' Mann was actually just the initial species on Elyria that was still linked to the god lineage and not a God itself.

Do these giant skeletons belong to those of the last children of Qin? Was Mann just a demi-god species and not an actual god? Did these demi-gods die to their opposing species the Daemon, and the Children of Mann are just the remnants of a lost demi-god race in a, now, almost godless universe?

There is only one way to find out. To ask those who lived during that era. The daemon.

It maybe accurate to say that the truth will only be shown to the most evil of us, as they're the only type the Daemon would cooperate with. Leaving the kind-hearted and good alignment individuals to live off a philosophy of faith.