COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Are diseases/illnesses still going to be a feature?

Any more news on this?

Example; if you're out in the rain too long you'll catch flu (temporary debuff?) Or if you hang around humid and/or jungle areas and your ancestral heritige stems from cooler, drier climates you area at risk of fever?

Perhaps another implementation of this could be clothing based if the disease system is basic. In the rain too long with shoddy footware and/or gloves? Trenchfoot/trench-hand causing a temporary debuff, dispelled by drying out near a fire. Sure trench-hand is a risk at sea especially?

4/24/2017 3:41:16 PM #1

Seems doable and a fine part of the game, however I'd also not be choked up if this got dropped for time restraints.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

4/24/2017 3:56:41 PM #2

I would ask this in the upcoming Q&A.

4/24/2017 7:50:46 PM #3

Are the Q&A's still with Bicycle Walrus? I haven't seen one in a little while is all :) Read the latest dev journal and it's reigniting my interest in the game - though I won't be getting a taste until BETA1.

4/24/2017 7:58:43 PM #4

Posted By BioRules at 4:41 PM - Mon Apr 24 2017

Seems doable and a fine part of the game, however I'd also not be choked up if this got dropped for time restraints.

I agree. I have seen really basic concepts of this in other games, but I appreciate that it's not to everybody's taste/needs/wants.

4/24/2017 8:01:33 PM #5

Posted By ThePizzaMan at 3:50 PM - Mon Apr 24 2017

Are the Q&A's still with Bicycle Walrus? I haven't seen one in a little while is all :) Read the latest dev journal and it's reigniting my interest in the game - though I won't be getting a taste until BETA1.

They do their own Q&As now..The info is able the bottom of this.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/18661/April-Showers-Bring-Elyrian-Flowers

4/24/2017 8:15:57 PM #6

Thanks Deftly, I have actually been researching the answer. There is a half-answer in this video at around 12mins 59sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij43LSDJSX8

4/24/2017 8:30:55 PM #7

They actually mentioned this in the last QA.

Yes they are still very much a thing. Poisons will eventually dissipate and you will recover. Though you will recover much fast with treatment.

If you catch a disease you will not recover on your own. You will have to seek treatment to lesson the debuff or find the cure to be rid of it entirely. Beyond that we haven't heard much.

Given the deep dive QA is next I'd ask for more details such as will diseases be weapons like diseased meat being used to kill town defenders or will you catch the Spanish Flu by playing in the rain?

4/24/2017 8:45:39 PM #8

I'd like to be a travelling herbalist/medicine man (pharmacist I guess?) if there's a market for it; hence the interest in diseases and illnesses. Whatever I end up doing, I want to travel. I'd prefer to not be tied down.

I'll check out the info Defty gave me and see if I can't submit a question for the next Q&A :) Thanks folks.

4/28/2017 10:34:58 AM #9

to my knowledge they are still a thing

4/28/2017 1:40:36 PM #10

Oh snap. There goes the prostitute profession ...

Friend Code: 4AC3A3