COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Can you be a Hunter in this game with

bow and arrow, hunter?

Most of the screenshots or videos only show swords and bladed weapons, I just want to make sure

4/25/2017 2:02:12 PM #1

Bows have been discussed and pretty much confirmed, so yes, unless something odd happens that means it isn't possible.

What exactly archery will look and play like, we just don't know yet.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

4/25/2017 2:17:22 PM #2

Skinning and harvesting animals for crafting is planned and also animal taming as well. So, you live that old school hunter in the wood fantasy if you want. Trap making is also another thing that has been planned. Survival skills also offer tracking skills.

Short bow, long bow, and cross bows are planned as well.

4/25/2017 2:45:40 PM #3

Indeed... what everyone else has said... but also you can be a non-traditional hunter in the sense that you can do stuff like Bounty Hunting orbeing a Detective. If a player commits a crime, there needs to be people who'll figure out who did the crime as well as those who'll hunt people down.... so you can be a "hunter" in many types of ways :D

4/26/2017 10:36:28 AM #4

hunter at day murdehobo at night :)

" Death is only the beginning ! "

Friend Code: 488BBA

4/26/2017 11:48:44 AM #5

Did someone say murderhobo?

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

4/26/2017 2:18:17 PM #6

Posted By Varrgrym at 7:48 PM - Wed Apr 26 2017

Did someone say murderhobo?

:)

" Death is only the beginning ! "

Friend Code: 488BBA

4/26/2017 4:44:07 PM #7

Yes, and more advanced range weapons have also been confirmed! If I am correct, flintlock technology can and will emerge with research!

Myrkul is always with us...

4/26/2017 7:16:56 PM #8

Posted By Grim at 11:44 AM - Wed Apr 26 2017

Yes, and more advanced range weapons have also been confirmed! If I am correct, flintlock technology can and will emerge with research!

They said it wont be until very late in the 10yr story cycle and that those firearms will be as dangerous to the user as they are the person the weapon is pointed at.

So we are talking very early muskets and blunderbusses. Not sure it will even be to the flintlock level as those were mid-tech level firearms (in terms of muzzle loading firearms.)

4/26/2017 7:25:16 PM #9

You can also mix hunting and bounty hunter. So take rewards for killing larger beasts killing people in the wild.

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.

4/26/2017 7:25:37 PM #10

I'm very excited for the fletching in this game, it could even be my preferred craft eventually. I want to use a bow or something so that could be fun.

4/30/2017 12:51:20 AM #11

I wonder how hard making arrows/bolts will be. They would be labor intensive to make and probably expensive. Will there be a way to recover arrows? Will fetching be a viable business?